monyfer

Increase in RFE issuance?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

From reviewing current timelines vs. past, seems a LOT of RFEs have been issued in the last month or so. Thoughts why this is happening?

I am concerned it is taking longer for them to process responses - also coz they want to improve overall approval time so they are focusing more on later issues petitions rather than revising RFEs from earlier petitions, and in turn those of us already waiting forever have to wait even more.

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I was thinking the same thing...It seemed like lots of RFE's at least on the forum.

I can not believe you guys are still waiting & it makes me sad!

It must be coming any day now tho' since they sent you an email...we never got an email, so I bet it is on some ones desk!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

this is insane. i feel so sorry for you waiting even longer than we did (and we waited so long). I hope you will get the Noa2 tomorrow. it took 7 days for us from our RFE-reply to NOA2. You will be so happy, when you finally have it, and you are one step closer to the end.

Edited by Martin and Tricia

July 7 i will arrive in Atlanta -> Chattanooga. I'm so excited !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

From reviewing current timelines vs. past, seems a LOT of RFEs have been issued in the last month or so. Thoughts why this is happening?

I am concerned it is taking longer for them to process responses - also coz they want to improve overall approval time so they are focusing more on later issues petitions rather than revising RFEs from earlier petitions, and in turn those of us already waiting forever have to wait even more.

Just more folks who don't read the Guides and Follow the Guides......most we are seeing are for basic stuff.....like no proof of being able to marry or primary proof of meeting in person. All this stuff is well covered in the Guides and the Stickies.

This process is very easy but many folks try to muck it up the best they can. Some succeed, they'll get it turned around or they won't.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Just more folks who don't read the Guides and Follow the Guides......most we are seeing are for basic stuff.....like no proof of being able to marry or primary proof of meeting in person. All this stuff is well covered in the Guides and the Stickies.

This process is very easy but many folks try to muck it up the best they can. Some succeed, they'll get it turned around or they won't.

People make mistakes. Nobody's perfect. No need to make them feel worse than they already do.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is incorrect and hurtful. I double and triple checked my package against the guides and stickies here, posted questions, researched everything.

I got an RFE requesting a passport photo of myself, even though I had sent the two requested with the original petition. They must have lost the first round of photos.

Also, as Martin and Tricia posted, they got an RFE for a birth certificate even though they sent it with the original package. VSC lost it.

These RFEs are not our fault, which makes me suspicious VSC is just doing anything to buy time. Please do not post your incorrect judgments.

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

People make mistakes. Nobody's perfect. No need to make them feel worse than they already do.

I agree, and in some cases, even when doing everything "right", an RFE can still be issued...... We are all trying our best here, nobody is perfect!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

This is incorrect and hurtful. I double and triple checked my package against the guides and stickies here, posted questions, researched everything.

I got an RFE requesting a passport photo of myself, even though I had sent the two requested with the original petition. They must have lost the first round of photos.

Also, as Martin and Tricia posted, they got an RFE for a birth certificate even though they sent it with the original package. VSC lost it.

These RFEs are not our fault, which makes me suspicious VSC is just doing anything to buy time. Please do not post your incorrect judgments.

You are right, this is incorrect, hurtful and not the purpose of this board from what I understand. We should be here to help each other, not try to make each other feel like idiots. There are certain situations which can result in an RFE even if everything has been done correctly, and at times, since we are ALL human, mistakes can be made on both ends......

Exactly. I agree with the above posters.

There's never a need to be judgmental and condescending. That's not what these boards are for. It's not the first time I've seen a post like this from that user, though, unfortunately.

I wish if people had nothing helpful or supportive to add, they'd just keep quiet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

If they lost something then it is not your fault and there isn't anything you can fo but send what they ask for......but if you did not send in something that is clearly listed as bring required, don't try to place that blame onto someone else fir your carelessness. And then moms about it on these boards, that is not productive. Like it or not there are some folks who just don't get it.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I seen alot of Supportive Comments (Except for One Know-it-All) Ignore that Comment Monyfer. That is one hell of a Time-Line.

I Understand your thoughts and Aggression.

Focus now on the Positive. The RFE was a Simple Passport Picture that USCIS should have told you about ALONG TIME AGO. They won't Admit they made a Mistake. But, the GOOD NEWS IS. A Simple RFE.

You Should Recieve Notification of Your NOA2 Shortly.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

And: For The Record: Not to go-off Topic.

The member has given good advice in the past. We are all human just like USCIS. Maybe woke-up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

VJ is a Member to Member help Forum. So many times as we are human we forget that.

I'm Guilty myself sometimes.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Timeline

bottom line is that we are at there mercy..all we can do is sit and wait thank god none of us paid a lawyer for this process the paper work is alot the total hours are consuming but when its all said and done it was worth it..i my self from day one set my self up for a long journey even if noa2 comes tomarrow and next month is interview it doesnt mean im finished..we can still get denied at the border depending on what that officer sees etc again bottom line this process is a time bomb can go off at any given minute all we can do try to get all paperwork filed correctly revise everything three four times get all the info we can and try to be prepared and respond quickly if rfe came in its a good sign there looking it over shortly you should have some news sorry its taking forever but the saying good things come to those who wait...hope it goes well for you monyfer and for all those who are soon to follow like my self keep us posted and thank god for this site it really sheds some light on all of us and our journeys....and we vent with each other :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

From all the posts I have read there are no clear solutions - there is no definite timeframe and that is the toughest thing to deal with. You are so close, so just wishing you luck for the remainder of the journey.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is because the petitions were incomplete. If your petition is complete, no RFE will be issued.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.