I+H

How likely will A.P. be after interview? (Abu Dhabi ) [edited title]

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

to give yyou an idea of how uncommon it is,according to an iranian who went through ankara embassy,out of all the people they went through in one day only 2 got their visa without AP and both of them were women.

it can take anywhere from 2 months to less than a year,i wouldnt say years,but your fiance is from another country living in another country other than his birth place,so its really hard to guess.

my guess is it wont be a blackhole because your embassy is very well organized one

to give yyou an idea of how uncommon it is,according to an iranian who went through ankara embassy,out of all the people they went through in one day only 2 got their visa without AP and both of them were women.

it can take anywhere from 2 months to less than a year,i wouldnt say years,but your fiance is from another country living in another country other than his birth place,so its really hard to guess.

my guess is it wont be a blackhole because your embassy is very well organized one

No no no, my fiances birthplace is the emirates. He has lived there his whole life and been to pakistan for no more than 2 months at a time. Does that make a difference?

12-27-2010: I-129F arrived at USCIS sent packet on 12/23

12-29-2010: Notice date on NOA1

12-31-2010: Check cleared

01-02-2011: NOA1 received via SMS & E-Mail

01-06-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received via USPS[/color]

2-17-2011:Touched

04/12/2011:NOA2!!!!!

4-18-11: Received by NVC

4-20-11: Left NVC

4-24-11: Received by the consulate in Abu Dhabi

4-27-11:Received both packet 3 & 4 via e-mail from Abu Dhabi

7-25-11:Interview date-Administrative Processing

8-3-11:Administrative Processing ended - APPROVED!!!!!! :D

8-25-11:POE-SFO

9-10-11:Married!!!

9-26-11:Sent AOS Packet

10-6-11:Received NOA1s via text and E-mail

10-9-11:NOA1 hardcopies received, along with biometrics appointment letter

10-25-11:Biometrics Appointment

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

No no no, my fiances birthplace is the emirates. He has lived there his whole life and been to pakistan for no more than 2 months at a time. Does that make a difference?

i think so,AP is nothing back more background checks.

im not qualified to comment on AP tho,since iranians dont have their own embassy and our process is a bit different.nearly everyone here goes through ap,its like a fixed thing

i think so,AP is nothing back more background checks.

im not qualified to comment on AP tho,since iranians dont have their own embassy and our process is a bit different.nearly everyone here goes through ap,its like a fixed thing

That is terrible! Which embassy will you be going through? I assume that you have been aware of this AP stuff since you started the whole K-1 process.

I just found out about it and that is why I am totally freakin' out! Once we got the NOA2 it was time to plan how we were going to start our lives, set a wedding date and finalize plans. I even was planning how I was going to reorganize the house just to make room, but I don't want to do any of that now. I have become so negative about this whole process. I'm not even excited for the interview any more, I just want to talk about our backup plan when AP takes too long. I'm more interested in making plans to live there than here.

Sorry, just needed to vent urrghhhh

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My fiance and I are currently going through this ourselves and I wish we had known about AP beforehand so we could have been prepared. I didn't join this site till a few months ago and have learned a lot since. Like you my fiance is of Pakistani heritage but born and raised somewhere else(London). He too has never spent much time in Pakistan and last time he visited family there was years ago. We are now on our 7th month of AP. I have been preparing myself for a longer wait and if he gets his visa before the year is over I'll be thrilled because I have seen people online that were in it for years.

There is absolutely no way to determine how long your fiance would be in AP. That is the worst part of it all. You can't do anything to make sense of it and can only wait. I hope you get lucky, but chances are with current events what they are we are going to wait even longer.

Hang in there and know that you are not alone...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I even was planning how I was going to reorganize the house just to make room, but I don't want to do any of that now.
Waiting it out would seem far preferable, the big picture considered, to moving there. Yes, AP (in my case, 221g) is not fun. Regardless, do one small thing every few days to prepare the house -- it'll be therapeutic for you, trust me. Should lightning strike and you have short or even no AP, you don't want to be caught flat-footed. :)

In regard to the poster above, my general understanding is that the London embassy is easy on natives but VERY thorough when it comes to out-of-country applicants (not just Middle Easterners). More information will be available in the UK regional subforum, si man.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

My fiance and I are currently going through this ourselves and I wish we had known about AP beforehand so we could have been prepared. I didn't join this site till a few months ago and have learned a lot since. Like you my fiance is of Pakistani heritage but born and raised somewhere else(London). He too has never spent much time in Pakistan and last time he visited family there was years ago. We are now on our 7th month of AP. I have been preparing myself for a longer wait and if he gets his visa before the year is over I'll be thrilled because I have seen people online that were in it for years.

There is absolutely no way to determine how long your fiance would be in AP. That is the worst part of it all. You can't do anything to make sense of it and can only wait. I hope you get lucky, but chances are with current events what they are we are going to wait even longer.

Hang in there and know that you are not alone...

Thank you for sharing your story with me. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Have you considered moving to London to be with your fiance?

I wish you the best and hope your AP ends soon.

event.png

event.png

Waiting it out would seem far preferable, the big picture considered, to moving there. Yes, AP (in my case, 221g) is not fun. Regardless, do one small thing every few days to prepare the house -- it'll be therapeutic for you, trust me. Should lightning strike and you have short or even no AP, you don't want to be caught flat-footed. :)

In regard to the poster above, my general understanding is that the London embassy is easy on natives but VERY thorough when it comes to out-of-country applicants (not just Middle Easterners). More information will be available in the UK regional subforum, si man.

I think your right. I should do a little at least. We have decided to get letters from family and friends to sho our relationship is real and hopefully allow the co to see us as a couple.

About the other post, do you think the long wait is unique to london? They are just super cautious over there. I feel terrible for that couple. :'(

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thank you for sharing your story with me. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Have you considered moving to London to be with your fiance?

I wish you the best and hope your AP ends soon.

I would LOVE to go to London and wait it out with him, but I share custody of my children with my ex husband and could not take them to London so..... It's a very sad situation for us right now! My kids love him as much as I do and they don't understand why this is taking so long and miss him so much.

Timeline

My fiance was born and raised in London. His parents originally immigrated from other countries (India and Pakistan) so I guess that is probably part of the hold up? I will check out the UK forum as well, thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My step son went to High School at the American school in London. Much better education than he was getting. Perhaps something to discuss with your ex.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

My step son went to High School at the American school in London. Much better education than he was getting. Perhaps something to discuss with your ex.

If only you knew my ex! LOL! Yes, I totally agree with you. London has better schools, healthcare, you name it! I've tried talking to him about having the kids for the summer and letting us live in London the rest of the year, but he can't wrap his head around it. I feel like banging my head against a brick wall at this point!

I would LOVE to go to London and wait it out with him, but I share custody of my children with my ex husband and could not take them to London so..... It's a very sad situation for us right now! My kids love him as much as I do and they don't understand why this is taking so long and miss him so much.

Im sorry that really sucks. One of friends is in a similar situation. Here fiance lives in the UK and she would like to move there to be with him but here ex won't let her keep the kids. She even offered the same agreement. They stay with her all year and visit with him over the summer but he just wont go for it.

I have children myself it's tough.

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.