gokan

MISSED 1ST INTERVIEW..NOW WHAT..?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys,

me and my wife(usc)had our first interview at april 26th 2011 but we couldnt show up because our street got flooded thru heavy thunder storm..we had about 3 feet of water inside our house..all our stuff got ruined..im going to talk to my lawyer tmrrw to see what we can do about this situation.do you guys think that my case got closed already or how much time do i have to respond them and explain what happened..i hope flooding will be a good reason to rescheduled my interview because im really disapointed right now.i waqs really close to it..please let me know with your advice thanksss a lot..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You definitely had extenuating circumstances. Call USCIS or make an INFOPASS appointment, explain the situation and reschedule.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, you need to contact USCIS - if you are close enough, make an infopass appointment - and explain the circumstances. If you have evidence (ie, insurance claims, photographs, weather reports of floods in the area, etc.) to support your situation, bring them with you. (Considering we have just had one of the weather events of the century with the tornadoes and flooding of last week I doubt you will have problems explaining you were one of the many people so affected).

These are things that are beyond our control and USCIS will make allowances for them in re-scheduling an interview. You do have to contact them ASAP, though - within the next few days - to explain your circumstances and to request another interview.

Good luck - both with the interview and with dealing with the damage.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys,

me and my wife(usc)had our first interview at april 26th 2011 but we couldnt show up because our street got flooded thru heavy thunder storm..we had about 3 feet of water inside our house..all our stuff got ruined..im going to talk to my lawyer tmrrw to see what we can do about this situation.do you guys think that my case got closed already or how much time do i have to respond them and explain what happened..i hope flooding will be a good reason to rescheduled my interview because im really disapointed right now.i waqs really close to it..please let me know with your advice thanksss a lot..

Gokan,

When you do contact Ankara, call and put it in an email (writing) to them as well.

Good Luck,

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Gokan,

When you do contact Ankara, call and put it in an email (writing) to them as well.

Good Luck,

Mari

Hi Mari,

This is the Adjustment of Status interview, not the K-1 interview. Gokan is dealing with a US based USCIS office, not the US Consulate in Ankara as he is now in the US . This is the next stage of the immigration process after receiving a K-1 visa and arriving in the US. :) Dealing with Ankara is a thing of the past now.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Mari,

This is the Adjustment of Status interview, not the K-1 interview. Gokan is dealing with a US based USCIS office, not the US Consulate in Ankara as he is now in the US . This is the next stage of the immigration process after receiving a K-1 visa and arriving in the US. :) Dealing with Ankara is a thing of the past now.

ah sorry missed that he was in the US! Ever since we got our NOA2 (which to me the wait was quite 'peaceful' mentally) ... <stress stress stress> LOL!!! Mostly, because he's still on base (Iraq usaf) but the good thing is we've got time before we even have an interview date. I am going to yoga... LOL before I lose my mind!

Thanks Katherine!

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys,

pretty simple, really. I have a friend who was in your situation. His fault was actually worst, he simply didn't see the interview letter lol. He contacted his lawyer, and somehow lawyer rescheduled the interview to later date (2 months later to be exact).

and yes he did indeed pay some sort of fee to the lawyer which was I think more than 1k.

09/01/2002 - Came to USA on an F-1

-
03/11/2011 - (Day 01) - AOs Package Delivered

08/08/2011 - (Day 150) - Green Card arrived

-

04/30/2013 - (Day 00) - I-751 Package Sent

05/01/2013 - (Day 01) - I-751 Package Delivered

01/16/2014 - (Day 261) - I-751 Interview, verbal approval on the spot

04/08/2014 - (Day 343) - I-751 Approved

-

04/28/2014 - (Day 00) - N-400 Package Sent

04/30/2014 - (Day 01) - N-400 Package Delivered

05/03/2014 - (Day 04) - NOA Receipt Date

05/27/2014 - (Day 29) - Walk-In Biometrics (original date was 06/04/2014)

06/27/2014 - (Day 60) - In Line for Interviewing

10/06/2014 - (Day 102) - Interview in Long Island City Field Office, Result: RFE given

10/06/2014 - (Day 102) - Responded RFE

01/23/2015 - (Day 211) - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

01/23/2015 - (Day 211) - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

It shouldn't be a problem. I think you get a letter saying you missed your date and if you don't contact them in 30 days they will cancel your petition. I had missed one of my Neutralization tests (i know it is completely different but I think they work the same way for all missed or canceled appts)

[font="Century Gothic"]Married March 27, 2010
Sent out I-130 December 29, 2010
Recieved NOA 1 January 4, 2011
Touched January 6, 2011
Recieved NOA 2 May 9, 2011
Interview September 27, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)
POE - JFK, NYC October 12, 2011 [/font]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Filed: Timeline

My fiancee had missed her interview as well. Long story, but I sent the embassy an email to tell them why, and ask how we can reschedule. I added any case numbers, full names, etc... to the email, and within a couple days the interview was rescheduled. It will be OK. Your circumstances were much more difficult than ours, so I cannot imagine they would be more than willing to reschedule. :)

thanks alot guys.i have all the claim numbers for flood damage and photos..im going to talk to my lawyer about it and see what can i do about it.

Hey.. Your case is so simple.. Really, you dont need to call your lawyer so that he can take anothe big chunk of money from you!>..

All you need to do is google "infopass and your local immigration office". Then follow the steps and make an appointment. The ealriest possible.

Go to the immigration and explain te situation. They will liste to you and make another appointment since your case is so genuine.

Sorry to say, bu most of the time, lawyers are OVERRATED.. And too expensive and a cause of delay...

So check it out withthe "infopass" yourself before you go with the laeywer route.

Best,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.