Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Junior

I just think that the issue of unemployment in America has caused the delay of visas. The visa processing is just at September 2004 so I am watching what is going to happen next year.

Natalie

High unemployment rates in the USA has no relations with the issuance of visas and why retrogression occurs.. but too many people are trying to get in there for they must be controlled.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Upcoming month's visa bulletin: January 2012 (Coming Soon)

It might be up by the end of the week. I really hope it's a big jump, as January's VB will set the tone for the rest of the fiscal quarter.

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Timeline

So, while we wait, what are your predictions for January's VB? I have two options:

Option 1: It keeps moving at the same pace (about 40 days) up to 15-OCT-04

Option 2: It makes a nice jump of 3 months, up to 01-DEC-04

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

So, while we wait, what are your predictions for January's VB? I have two options:

Option 1: It keeps moving at the same pace (about 40 days) up to 15-OCT-04

Option 2: It makes a nice jump of 3 months, up to 01-DEC-04

I will take option 2 and hopefully even more....

goodluck everyone

P.D August 15, 2005

N A T I O N A L F O U N D A T I O N F O R A M E R I C A N P O L I C Y :

http://www.nfap.com/

Waiting and More Waiting: America’s Family and Employment-Based Immigration System

PAGE: 22

The USCIS

..Ombudsman has noted that between FY 1992 and FY 2009, 241,928 family-sponsored preference numbers went

unused, primarily due to administrative issues within the federal government. If those numbers were made

available, they would reduce wait times in the family categories. To the extent the annual quotas were raised for

specific preference categories, then it would also reduce the wait times. For example, raising the annual quota of

23,400 for the unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens by 10,000 a year would, over time, reduce the wait

times by a number of years.

ABOUT THE NATIONAL FOUNDATION FOR AMERICAN POLICY:

Established in the Fall 2003, the National Foundation for American Policy (NFAP) is a 501©(3) non-profit, nonpartisan

public policy research organization based in Arlington, Virginia focusing on trade, immigration and related

issues. The Advisory Board members include Columbia University economist Jagdish Bhagwati, former U.S.

Senator and Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham, Ohio University economist Richard Vedder, former INS

Commissioner James Ziglar and other prominent individuals. Over the past 24 months, NFAP’s research has

been written about in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the Washington Post, and other major media

outlets. The organization’s reports can be found at www.nfap.com.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

N A T I O N A L F O U N D A T I O N F O R A M E R I C A N P O L I C Y :

http://www.nfap.com/

Waiting and More Waiting: America’s Family and Employment-Based Immigration System

PAGE: 22

The USCIS

..Ombudsman has noted that between FY 1992 and FY 2009, 241,928 family-sponsored preference numbers went

unused, primarily due to administrative issues within the federal government. If those numbers were made

available, they would reduce wait times in the family categories. To the extent the annual quotas were raised for

specific preference categories, then it would also reduce the wait times. For example, raising the annual quota of

23,400 for the unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens by 10,000 a year would, over time, reduce the wait

times by a number of years.

ABOUT THE NATIONAL FOUNDATION FOR AMERICAN POLICY:

Established in the Fall 2003, the National Foundation for American Policy (NFAP) is a 501©(3) non-profit, nonpartisan

public policy research organization based in Arlington, Virginia focusing on trade, immigration and related

issues. The Advisory Board members include Columbia University economist Jagdish Bhagwati, former U.S.

Senator and Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham, Ohio University economist Richard Vedder, former INS

Commissioner James Ziglar and other prominent individuals. Over the past 24 months, NFAP’s research has

been written about in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the Washington Post, and other major media

outlets. The organization’s reports can be found at www.nfap.com.

Gud News.....:-)

Guys, let's run a petition to government to cancel the limit quota for F1 and make F1 applicants immediate relatives, like it was before. They remove per country limit, but do not increase the annual quota for F-1 at least, this is unacceptable.

WHY THE CALLS TO REDUCE FAMILY-SPONSORED IMMIGRANTS?

In all the various calls made over the years to eliminate family categories there has been no real policy rationale offered for inflicting a policy that would create so much hardship on so many Americans. The argument appears to rest on a presumption that the goal of U.S. society should be to keep as many foreign-born people out of the country as possible. Therefore, it is argued, Congress should eliminate at least some family categories, even if it serves no real purpose to do so.

The 65,000 individuals who enter through the sibling category each year equal about 6 percent of overall U.S. legal immigration in a given year. And the annual flow from the sibling category represents only 0.02 percent of the U.S. population. Similarly, the 23,400 in each of the categories for the sons and daughters of U.S. citizens – 21 or older, unmarried and married – equal only about 2 percent of overall legal immigration and 0.008 percent of the U.S. population annually. Eliminating these categories would produce only a small drop in overall legal immigration and lead to great hardship for tens of thousands of Americans and their loved ones. It is difficult to argue denying the reunification of these individuals with American families serves any legitimate policy purpose – and a general dislike of immigrants or immigration is not a legitimate policy purpose for a member of Congress.

Even if Congress eliminated certain family categories, it seems inconceivable Congress would do so without “grandfathering” in all those who already have pending family petitions and are waiting for an immigrant visa to become available. It would be an extraordinary act of bad faith to deny those who have been waiting for years the opportunity to complete the immigration process.

THE CHAIN MIGRATION MYTH As noted in a May 2010 NFAP report, one argument made for eliminating family categories is it would reduce something called “chain migration.” However, “chain migration” is a contrived term that seeks to put a negative light on a phenomenon that has taken place throughout the history of the country – some family members come to America and succeed, and then sponsor other family members.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service Ombudsman helped illustrate how long it can take for even one person to immigrate to the United States,28 let alone the time it would take for that immigrant of the immigrant’s spouse to become a citizen, file the paperwork for a relative, and wait for that relative to enter.

MORE VISAS WOULD REDUCE FAMILY WAIT TIMES

The primary way to shorten the wait time for family-sponsored immigrants is to add more visas beyond the annual total of 226,000. Relaxing the per country limit would help those with the longest wait times, particularly from Mexico and the Philippines. The Chaffetz-Smith bill would move the per country limit to 15 percent for family categories, which would aid those who have been waiting a decade or longer in some categories. The USCIS Ombudsman has noted that between FY 1992 and FY 2009, 241,928 family-sponsored preference numbers went unused, primarily due to administrative issues within the federal government. If those numbers were made available, they would reduce wait times in the family categories. To the extent the annual quotas were raised for specific preference categories, then it would also reduce the wait times. For example, raising the annual quota of 23,400 for the unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens by 10,000 a year would, over time, reduce the wait times by a number of years.

CONCLUSION

Family immigration quotas are inadequate and result in needless separation and long waits for Americans, lawful permanent residents and their close family members. Eliminating family categories, as some have proposed in the past, would go against America’s heritage and lead to false distinctions about the value of different family members. One way to look at this issue is to put it at the personal level. Most Americans – and Members of Congress – would agree they would have a difficult time welcoming the immigration of their 19-year-old son, while barring the door to their 22-year-old daughter.

If Congress wants to increase the number of skilled immigrants in the country, the best way is through the existing set of temporary visas and the employment-based immigration system, not through reducing family immigration.

Denying U.S. citizens the ability to sponsor adult children, parents or siblings is unnecessary and politically divisive. The bill the Senate passed in 2006 raised quotas for both family and employment-based immigrants and Congress can do so again.

America’s legal immigration system is complex. It suffers from long waits due to inadequate annual quotas for both family and employer-sponsored immigration. Raising those quotas would serve both the humanitarian and economic interests of the United States.

The autor is Stuart Anderson

Stuart Anderson is Executive Director of the National Foundation for American Policy, a non-profit, non-partisan public policy research organization in Arlington, Va. Stuart served as Executive Associate Commissioner for Policy and Planning and Counselor to the Commissioner at the Immigration and Naturalization Service from August 2001 to January 2003. He spent four and a half years on Capitol Hill on the Senate Immigration Subcommittee, first for Senator Spencer Abraham and then as Staff Director of the subcommittee for Senator Sam Brownback. Prior to that, Stuart was Director of Trade and Immigration Studies at the Cato Institute in Washington, D.C., where he produced reports on the military contributions of immigrants and the role of immigrants in high technology.

www.nfap.com.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guys, let's run a petition to government to cancel the limit quota for F1 and make F1 applicants immediate relatives, like it was before. They remove per country limit, but do not increase the annual quota for F-1 at least, this is unacceptable.

do you honestly believe that you would get this to be a reasonable request EVEN though the spouses and UNDER 21 "children" are by passed and are subjected to visa cut off dates..? My cousin is currently in this visa category who is about 35, an adult. If an unmarried child of a US Citizen is given this freedom then what happens to the Married Child of US Citizens who are also adults? Siblings?

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Married children and siblings have second preference now because they have their own families abroad, but most of unmarried children are completely alone overseas while whole family in US. Many of unmarried USC children are already living in US by different visas like student or H-1. they live here, work, pay taxes, but for example have to pay out of state tuition to study comparing to children of illegals who pay 5-6 times less (instate tutition) by new law (CA).So usually their USC parents pay that. This is nonsense. Especially because the number of the applied USC unmarried children is only ~280,000 (currently), this is minor number comparing to other categories, so I do not see any reason why government created this law and why it cannot be canceled if we try to convince them.

Read what congressman advisors say on the www.nfap.com.

"CONCLUSION

Family immigration quotas are inadequate and result in needless separation and long waits for Americans, lawful permanent residents and their close family members. Eliminating family categories, as some have proposed in the past, would go against America’s heritage and lead to false distinctions about the value of different family members. One way to look at this issue is to put it at the personal level. Most Americans – and Members of Congress – would agree they would have a difficult time welcoming the immigration of their 19-year-old son, while barring the door to their 22-year-old daughter"

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline

hi all am new but being visiting this site for more than a year and just decided to join.i've been through the depression moments and still is.my case is very sad cause i was on my mums lottery forms with my younger sis, but when she won the DVL ,i was over age which made them deny me a visa. after she left for the US,i tried for visit visa and also i was denied with them saying she should file for me I-130.I was then very sad but didn't bother much.after all what.After losing my dad is when i really missed my mum.she come to visit but is not like her being here all the time.she filed for me since Sep2006, was completed at the NVC since June2010 and im still waiting for my PD to become current.The way this process is, if one don't have God, might commit suicide.But i pray that the way we are all waiting for the visa anxiously, is about the same way we are waitng for Christ to come.U.S.A is not Heaven.RELAX and think about it.hope that Jan12 bulleting will be pleasing.

Timeline

January's VB is up: January's VB

We keep moving at the same pace. I guess it will keep moving like this for a couple months. Let's see what happens in April, the start of the next quarter.

Welcome 2009OEL! :)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

January's VB is up: January's VB

We keep moving at the same pace. I guess it will keep moving like this for a couple months. Let's see what happens in April, the start of the next quarter.

Welcome 2009OEL! :)

Hey NeverMindVz do you think the pace can change on April due to the start of the next quarter?

P.D August 15, 2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.