CarolineLovesPaul

How To Replace a Lost Permanent Resident Card?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Hi guys.

Somewhere over the last couple of weeks my permanent resident card has disappeared and we have turned the apartment upside down looking for it. So I guess I need a replacement. How do I do this? Is it the I-90 form? And what documentation do I need to supply with it? I am a few months away from from applying for removal of conditions of residence, but I-751 states that I have to send a copy of the back and front of my permanent resident card and guess what? I don't have a copy.

Please let me know what I need to do as I want to get this resolved asap.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Paul.

Everybody's got their weaknesses. Mick Jones.

Filed: Other Timeline

Have you looked at the safest place you have access to? It's really hard to lose it from there.

If you did manage to lose it, you'll have to file an I-90 for $450 for a replacement card. It will come via 1st class mail in about 3 to 6 months. When you get it, keep it in a safe place, unless you are so wealthy that it doesn't bother you spending $450 once in a while.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

USCIS recommended to carry that card with you at all time, hoping you'll lose it somehow and pay 450 US Dollar to replace it. you should keep all your personal documents in a safe-box fireproof, what if your house burn out or a tornado went through your neighborhood, floods, you should always ask yourself WHAT IF?

You will have to file I-90 with a fee of 450$ plus a new biometrics appointment.

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi guys.

Somewhere over the last couple of weeks my permanent resident card has disappeared and we have turned the apartment upside down looking for it. So I guess I need a replacement. How do I do this? Is it the I-90 form? And what documentation do I need to supply with it? I am a few months away from from applying for removal of conditions of residence, but I-751 states that I have to send a copy of the back and front of my permanent resident card and guess what? I don't have a copy.

Please let me know what I need to do as I want to get this resolved asap.

Yes you'll need to file an I-90 for a replacement. Read the form instructions to find out what to send. When you receive the NOA1 from filing for the replacement card you can send that with your ROC paperwork. I would be EXTRA sure you don't have the card before you tear the house apart.

Like people above have said I don't carry my card on my person, I carry a copy of it because the cost of replacing it is ridiculous. I have an Iowa drivers licence now that I use for my ID (unless applying for work).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.