akosi

I 129F part A question 11

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi and thanks to all. I have sponsored a fiancée in 2002. She and i are divorced now but still good friends. She became a naturalized citizen. I am currently putting together a new I-129F packet for my new fiancée. My question is regarding question 11 on the I-129F where it asks if "Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancée before?. If yes give name, place, A# and result (attach additional documents if necessary) Can anyone please give me advice?experience on how best to deal with this? Should i attach copies of all the NOA?

thanks and good luck to us all

Hi and thanks to all. I have sponsored a fiancée in 2002. She and i are divorced now but still good friends. She became a naturalized citizen. I am currently putting together a new I-129F packet for my new fiancée. My question is regarding question 11 on the I-129F where it asks if "Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancée before?. If yes give name, place, A# and result (attach additional documents if necessary) Can anyone please give me advice?experience on how best to deal with this? Should i attach copies of all the NOA?

You only need to attach NOA2, if you have it, if not maybe NOA1. I don't think they can expect you to keep the one from 2002. You can attach what info you have on an attached sheet. In your case I don't think this question is very useful for them. Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Answer, First Middle Last, I-129F, 2002. Now Naturalized. Then if you know the A number put it in. If not, say "A number unknown". No need to attach anything else. I-129F is only filed in the USA, so no need to enter a place.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Attach a copy of the NOA2. This has the A number also.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

What exactly is an "NOA2?"

Is attaching a copy of the ex-wifes 10 yr permanent resident card sufficient?

Attach a copy of the NOA2. This has the A number also.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

What exactly is an "NOA2?"

Is attaching a copy of the ex-wifes 10 yr permanent resident card sufficient?

NOA2 is the approval notice from your petition from USCIS. I think the copy of the card would be good, that has the A# on it.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

NOA2 is the approval notice from your petition from USCIS. I think the copy of the card would be good, that has the A# on it.

But you don't want to focus attention on her. The whole question, as I see it, is meant to keep track of your prior approved petitons for their IMBRA filing limitations rule.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

I petitioned for my exwife (new wife at the time) in 1996 or 1997, who had lived in the US for 15 years illegally before we married. SO I petitioned in 1996 or 1997, she was given a temporary permanent resident card in 1997 and then a 10 year permanent resident card in 2000. So is 129F what I petitioned for? I've looked at copies of the limited amount of paperwork that I have and I don't see 129F written on anything. Though I really just have a copy of her temp permanent resident card, her 10 yr permanenet resident card, and her authorization to travel granted in 1997, showing pending permanent resident at INS office.

So I hate to write 129F- approved, because I really don't know if 129F is what I filled out.

Edited by Ready to do it

Timeline

I think I-130 is one of the forms I filled out. That and something in the 600's or 700's. I know I had to pay a big fee (at the time) because my new wife (in 1996) was illegal. I think it was about $1000 fee. I'm just going to say... Result, approved and give the A# and attach a copy of permaanent resident card and not worry about what form it was she was approved for.

I petitioned for my exwife (new wife at the time) in 1996 or 1997, who had lived in the US for 15 years illegally before we married. SO I petitioned in 1996 or 1997, she was given a temporary permanent resident card in 1997 and then a 10 year permanent resident card in 2000. So is 129F what I petitioned for? I've looked at copies of the limited amount of paperwork that I have and I don't see 129F written on anything. Though I really just have a copy of her temp permanent resident card, her 10 yr permanenet resident card, and her authorization to travel granted in 1997, showing pending permanent resident at INS office.

So I hate to write 129F- approved, because I really don't know if 129F is what I filled out.

I think I-130 is one of the forms I filled out. That and something in the 600's or 700's. I know I had to pay a big fee (at the time) because my new wife (in 1996) was illegal. I think it was about $1000 fee. I'm just going to say... Result, approved and give the A# and attach a copy of permaanent resident card and not worry about what form it was she was approved for.

Oh sorry I thought you were the original poster. If you filed for your wife then you probably filed a I-130. But in that case you never filed a I-129F and that question that the OP asked does not apply to you.

So your answer for the question of whether you filed for somebody in the past is NO. Since they are referring to past I-129F petitions. Also your ex wife's green card is irrelevant and don't send it, it will confuse them.

Sorry I was confused cause you posted in this thread.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

already sent it. Hope it doesn't cause a problem. But the question is "Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiance or husband/wife before?" I think the answer to that is "Yes!" Isn't it? I filed an I-130 for my at the time illegal wife. Seems like the answer to that would be yes, but if not... hopefully it won't cause a problem as I've already mailed it.

Oh sorry I thought you were the original poster. If you filed for your wife then you probably filed a I-130. But in that case you never filed a I-129F and that question that the OP asked does not apply to you.

So your answer for the question of whether you filed for somebody in the past is NO. Since they are referring to past I-129F petitions. Also your ex wife's green card is irrelevant and don't send it, it will confuse them.

Sorry I was confused cause you posted in this thread.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i think u dont need to attach the file, just put her/his name, A# and the result if it was approved or denied. I hope it will helps. chao! :)

already sent it. Hope it doesn't cause a problem. But the question is "Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiance or husband/wife before?" I think the answer to that is "Yes!" Isn't it? I filed an I-130 for my at the time illegal wife. Seems like the answer to that would be yes, but if not... hopefully it won't cause a problem as I've already mailed it.

I guess you're right then. You'll be fine. Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

On third thought. You will be fine but they may get the impression ( since you listed her on the I-129F form ) that your ex became your wife through the K-1 process so when you get your NOA2 it may say, this is your second approved I-129F petition.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.