leahandlucas

Re-entrance for deported war veterans?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I was wanting to know if there is any law that can help a war veteran/s back into the U.S. that have been deported??...

Moral of the story, entered young with parents, grew up in the U.S....served in the U.S. army, served in a few wars, ....unfortunately did a few things that fell under "moral torpitude"...but was deported...

Any laws that can help this person get back in??

I was wanting to know if there is any law that can help a war veteran/s back into the U.S. that have been deported??...

Moral of the story, entered young with parents, grew up in the U.S....served in the U.S. army, served in a few wars, ....unfortunately did a few things that fell under "moral torpitude"...but was deported...

You best bet would be to contact an immigration lawyer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

He won't be able to get in "on his own". Does he have a close relative that could petition for him> If so, they could file a hardship waiver. It will depend of course on how many, how serious, and how long ago the crimes were.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Good question, not that I know of, however there might be organizations that will advocate for you.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2009/07/22/part-two-american-veterans-who-await-deportation/

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok...he has a 3 year old that is U.S. born, so thats out of the question for another 18 years at least. He is not married to the mother of his child either...

He had a gun violation or something along those lines...and no...a lawyer wouldn't be as much help which is why im here asking.

Basically he is in the same boat as THOUSANDS of war veterans who came to the U.S. as children, served in the armed forces, got an honorable discharge, but later on down the track, did a few things that fell under "moral torpitude" got deported to their native countries.

Now...this also happens alot HERE on VJ when people do the same thing, only difference is these guys served in the U.S. armed forces.

any other laws that I have not found?...any other suggestions???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A consultation with a qualified immigration attorney would likely be helpful. The atty could explore/explain all options available to your friend based on the facts of his circumstances.

Being a veteran is certainly admirable. But it is not a free pass on law violations. Get some input from an attorney with experience in this area.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.