9 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I know this has probably been discussed a thousand times, but i'm more wanting to vent than anything. I'm a bit annoyed that we got an RFE, it's almost like USCIS just wants to pick on us for being a younger couple or something like we can't have a legit marriage. We've gotten RFE's on like every step of the process we've done so far!!! Anyway, The information that I can remember sending was:

Joint Bank statements

A letter from my credit card saying hes an authorized user

Sent a letter from another store credit card showing both our names listed on the account

Proof of joint car insurance

Copy of about 20 various cards (Christmas, Thank you cards, etc) Most showing our address and showing addressed to both of us over the last couple years some even noted Christmas 2009 2010 etc.

Photos of us on various vacations/events etc over the last 2 years probably a total of 20 photos - Most were very noticeable where we were, Vegas Strip, Disney World Epcot ball... etc.

2 letters signed by family/friends attesting to the fact we have a legit relationship

Copy of 2008 Taxes (we hadn't done 2010 yet, and I couldn't find 2009 at the time so I know I can send that)

I sent a copy of our mortgage statement showing the same address to show we live in the house - this is only in my name as my Mom co-signed the mortgage and asked them to put the deed only in my name. You can also see the mortgage coming directly from our joint checking account.

Sent copies of both of our recent pay stubs showing the same address for both and both set up on direct deposit and even showed those direct deposits on the bank statement

I may have sent more this is just what I can think of off the top of my head...

The RFE states they want his birth certificate, I know we've sent this at LEAST twice before... but check we can send it again

The other two are basically proof of joint address and proof of joint funds....

As far as the bills, most are in my name because he didn't have credit at the time so it was easier. The cable bill can only be in one name so that can't be updated as it's on a contract, the water/sewer bill has to be in the name of who the home is deeded to, so that can't be changed. I haven't asked the electric company yet or the trash collection company, so I may be able to get it updated there but that would be after the RFE was sent, so who knows if that'll just raise more questions.

Cant sent proof of any children as we have none.

My car is just in my name, again the no credit thing. His car is just in his name because my Mom "gifted" it to him once it was paid off. I could probably get a letter to state so, I guess I could send copies of registration for both and send proof of the car insurance again so they know one car is mine and one is his? I have photos of both cars in front of OUR House I can send too!

I can send the tax years 2009-2010

I should be able to get proof of the health insurance showing both our names on it and life insurance showing each other as beneficiary, I just didn't have easy access to those and was rushed getting the info in last time.

We just came back from a trip to England so I can send proof of that, copies of our plane tickets, eurostar tickets, etc.

As far as additional info besides this, what else should I be sending? I mean I can send his drivers license showing the same address.. but with all the cards and everything else they probably have about 30 documented items showing the same address, we've lived here 3 years almost, i'm not sure what more they could need!? As far as the house, our realtor that helped us buy the house could probably send a letter saying we looked at houses together and he knows we live in the home together? The letters that both our family/friends sent mention the fact that we live together. I almost want to get anyone who has ever seen us together to write a letter and send it in! We've been together nearly 9 years, I hate the fact that 9 years together isn't good enough evidence!

K-1 Timeline

October 5, 2006 - I-129F sent to NSC express mail

October 16, 2006 - NOA1 in mail from CSC

December 19, 2006 - NOA2 notice date

October 1, 2007 - Interview (Approved pending Police Report)

November 22, 2007- Visa in Hand

December 5, 2007 - US Entry

February 25, 2008 - Marriage

AOS & EAD timeline

April 14, 2008 - Sent AOS & EAD

April 25, 2008 - NOA's AOS & EAD (April 21, 2008 notice date)

May 13, 2008 - Biometrics appointment @ 9:00am DONE

May 19, 2008 - AOS Being transfered to CSC

July 2, 2008 - EAD card ordered

July 8, 2008 - EAD card ordered email again?

July 12, 2008 - EAD in hand

November 17, 2008 - RFE

January 2, 2009 - 2nd Medical exam

January 13, 2009 - Mailed RFE to CSC overnight

January 14, 2009 - RFE signed for

January 26, 2009 - Welcome letter sent

January 30, 2009 - Approved email!!

Feb 3, 2009 - Greencard in hand.

ROC Timeline

January 14, 2011 - Mailed ROC overnight to CSC

January 18, 2011 - Signed for by V. Semegi

January 20, 2011 - Check Cashed

January 24, 2011 - Received NOA1 (Dated 1/18/11)

February 28, 2011 - Biometrics @ 8am

April 19, 2011 - RFE

May 24, 2011 - Mailed back RFE

May 25, 2011 - RFE Signed for by V. Semegi

June 1, 2011 - Approved card received (Dated 5/30/11)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone,

I know this has probably been discussed a thousand times, but i'm more wanting to vent than anything. I'm a bit annoyed that we got an RFE, it's almost like USCIS just wants to pick on us for being a younger couple or something like we can't have a legit marriage. We've gotten RFE's on like every step of the process we've done so far!!! Anyway, The information that I can remember sending was:

Joint Bank statements

Sent a letter from another store credit card showing both our names listed on the account

Copy of about 20 various cards (Christmas, Thank you cards, etc) Most showing our address and showing addressed to both of us over the last couple years some even noted Christmas 2009 2010 etc.

Photos of us on various vacations/events etc over the last 2 years probably a total of 20 photos - Most were very noticeable where we were, Vegas Strip, Disney World Epcot ball... etc.

2 letters signed by family/friends attesting to the fact we have a legit relationship

Copy of 2008 Taxes (we hadn't done 2010 yet, and I couldn't find 2009 at the time so I know I can send that)

I sent a copy of our mortgage statement showing the same address to show we live in the house - this is only in my name as my Mom co-signed the mortgage and asked them to put the deed only in my name. You can also see the mortgage coming directly from our joint checking account.

Sent copies of both of our recent pay stubs showing the same address for both and both set up on direct deposit and even showed those direct deposits on the bank statement

The RFE states they want his birth certificate, I know we've sent this at LEAST twice before... but check we can send it again

As far as the bills, most are in my name because he didn't have credit at the time so it was easier. The cable bill can only be in one name so that can't be updated as it's on a contract, the water/sewer bill has to be in the name of who the home is deeded to, so that can't be changed. I haven't asked the electric company yet or the trash collection company, so I may be able to get it updated there but that would be after the RFE was sent, so who knows if that'll just raise more questions.

My car is just in my name, again the no credit thing. His car is just in his name because my Mom "gifted" it to him once it was paid off. I could probably get a letter to state so, I guess I could send copies of registration for both and send proof of the car insurance again so they know one car is mine and one is his? I have photos of both cars in front of OUR House I can send too!

I should be able to get proof of the health insurance showing both our names on it and life insurance showing each other as beneficiary, I just didn't have easy access to those and was rushed getting the info in last time.

We just came back from a trip to England so I can send proof of that, copies of our plane tickets, eurostar tickets, etc.

As far as additional info besides this, what else should I be sending? I mean I can send his drivers license showing the same address.. but with all the cards and everything else they probably have about 30 documented items showing the same address, we've lived here 3 years almost, i'm not sure what more they could need!? As far as the house, our realtor that helped us buy the house could probably send a letter saying we looked at houses together and he knows we live in the home together? The letters that both our family/friends sent mention the fact that we live together. I almost want to get anyone who has ever seen us together to write a letter and send it in! We've been together nearly 9 years, I hate the fact that 9 years together isn't good enough evidence!

I know that it can be very frustrating when they do that, but they can RFE'D you as much as they choose

the only thing you can do is to comply with what they ask for and you should be on your way, dont get too

discouraged, it will work out :)

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-03-17

I-130 Sent : 2009-12-21

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 RFE : 2010,11,06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2010,12,15

I-130 Approved : 2010-03-09

Interview Date : 2011-02-17 Submit Review

life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!♥♥♥

if god is for you who can be against you.

blue slipped!!

-- Second Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):

28/3/2011...APPROVED!!!!APPROVED, APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey Everyone,

Joint Bank statements

Hi!

I strongly recommend send the driver licenses (both). This is the only document USCIS asked me after filing my I-751 since it seems they consider the best proof of joint address.

Yazz

I think anything with beneficiary information is major. We didn't send that the first time around and got an RFE too. Also, if you are the policyholder for your health insurance and your husband incurred medical expenses, you can make copies of the explanation of benefits showing that he filed medical claims under your insurance. Just a suggestion, we added those too. Good luck! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Are you sure they are not asking for Birth Certificate of child born to the marriage, his Birth Certificate is irrelevant at this stage and doesn't prove evidence of ongoing relationship. :blink::unsure:

Also you can request as many copy of your tax transcript as you want, if you can't find it, simply call the IRS and they will even fax it to you. Copy of both driver's license showing common residence is pretty strong evidence, bank statements showing joint activities, itinerary/boarding passes showing vacation taken together, etc...

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey Everyone,

Joint Bank statements

Most of what you sent is secondary. Cards and affidavits from friends are virtually useless. Even credit cards, unless they are joint, and utility bills (joint or not) are pretty much useless. Having ail sent to the same address means nothing.

Yes, send copies of BOTH drivers lisences, this is an official state document. Yes, send insurance documents, particularly life and health insurance...if it is a bother...do it anyway.

Get the car registered in both names, you can even get it titled in both names. The time to start gathering information for the RoC is the day you get married and you have to consider this at every step. If Mom is co-signing then tell her you need both names on the title. Period. Make copies of everything. Our son never brought a home a permission slip, report card, or anything else that I didn;t sign and make a copy of and they were ALL sent with our RoC. we sent NO photos and NO affidavits and NO christmas cards. No RFE ad no interview. Several times I went to the school when they mailed something only to Alla, I made sure BOTH names were on all school documents at all times and if they ever messed up I corrected it and requested they REsend the letter. Nothing happend by guess or by golly.

The nature of this is that you have to pay attention and make sure you generate the evidence you need from day one. It is not OK to lose your tax return for 2009 and if you do, then do not send the I-751 until you get a transcript or a copy of it.

It sounds like you sent everything you really do not need and can get everything you really do need. So you should. Only now you have to do it before the deadline on an RFE.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Most of what you sent is secondary. Cards and affidavits from friends are virtually useless. Even credit cards, unless they are joint, and utility bills (joint or not) are pretty much useless. Having ail sent to the same address means nothing.

Yes, send copies of BOTH drivers lisences, this is an official state document. Yes, send insurance documents, particularly life and health insurance...if it is a bother...do it anyway.

Get the car registered in both names, you can even get it titled in both names. The time to start gathering information for the RoC is the day you get married and you have to consider this at every step. If Mom is co-signing then tell her you need both names on the title. Period. Make copies of everything. Our son never brought a home a permission slip, report card, or anything else that I didn;t sign and make a copy of and they were ALL sent with our RoC. we sent NO photos and NO affidavits and NO christmas cards. No RFE ad no interview. Several times I went to the school when they mailed something only to Alla, I made sure BOTH names were on all school documents at all times and if they ever messed up I corrected it and requested they REsend the letter. Nothing happend by guess or by golly.

The nature of this is that you have to pay attention and make sure you generate the evidence you need from day one. It is not OK to lose your tax return for 2009 and if you do, then do not send the I-751 until you get a transcript or a copy of it.

It sounds like you sent everything you really do not need and can get everything you really do need. So you should. Only now you have to do it before the deadline on an RFE.

What are your thoughts on the way we put things together? We just sent our papers in last week...

Here is what I recall sending:

A check from one account (Bank of America) with both of our names in the upper left corner

2010 Copy of Tax Returns

A bank statement from a different bank than above

A recent check stub with our joint address

A copy of that social security packet that they send you showing how much you quality for and made previous years

A letter we received from the state saying that $53 would be credited to our utility bill from 2010 taxes

A couple of pictures

A flight itinerary along with my American Express Statement detailing the names of each traveler (parents went to) and dates (Dec 2010)

I started an LLC in February and have myself as the CEO and her as the President....Sent proof of this from legalzoom.com

That's pretty much it....Our envelope was very thin! Just a few pieces of paper....On a side note during a long process I could seriously care less if we got an RFE...We'd simply follow the directions and it might slow things down 1 week which is not a big deal....This isn't the initial process anymore where every day counts because we are separated...The Honey Moon phase has been over for a long time!! :rofl:

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.