Moonlight2011

Tourist Visa denied then K1 Fiance visa!! MENA

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey Moonlight,

No one really knows what the Consular or Embassy will think, or what the result of your interview will be. It could go anyway at all. Many ppl here will tell you that it seemed the Consular Officer already had their decision made, before you even had the interview. The really important thing is that you are honest, and that you provide the proof to back up your honesty. Letters from your family would be good. Just let things with your fiance, evolve naturally. If he is planning on converting, and does so before the interview... good. If he does not feel ready, or does not want to convert, before the interview... good too. Cause really, I think it doesn't matter. They will look at the information you have given them, and form it in their mind however they want to. For good or for bad. So i think its best just to let it happen naturally, and at least that way you will both feel comfortable with your choices, and comfortable giving honest answers at the interview. Just be prepared to be questioned about this, only because as other ppl have mentioned, its not the cultural/religious norm.

Hamza is a Muslim man, and I am a christian woman...so by cultural and religious standards its permissible for him to marry me. BUT they still questioned (really grilled him on this) him about this at the interview. They also called his father and questioned him about this, and they also called me and questioned me too... but we were all honest, and we eventually got his visa, after some AP time. If I had converted, just to make it easier to marry, or to look better for immigration, I would have been very uncomfortable answering the Embassy's questions, and I think it would have been obvious. SO as always let things happen naturally, and honestly. Good luck.

-Danni

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Although tourist visa and k1 are totally different visa but both are non-immigrant visa, your three previous tourist visa denial might raised some serious concerns on top of the religious concern. They might even think you just want to move to the US because you've applied too many times and denied. And the reason for these denial may impact your k1 visa.

Be prepare for a lot of questions, Spouse visa would have been the best route in your case. Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Timeline

Hello,

Danny thanks...for ure answer..and yes..i guess after all the advice and comments that people made here is my topic : i think i will take it easy and be as im ...

I dont want get too fustrated by this interview or questions.... we are what we are and if i can deal with this cultural adn religeous deffrence nad my family too , i guess that would not be a problem for them by the time( AFTER ther inquisition...)...

I sometimes feel that its so unfair ,that they treat us so badly, just because few couples made mistakes or some people abuse on those processes!!!.....

for katie Manny:

i was granted a first US visa (tourist) this how i meet my fiance. the two thers were denied (tourist)... and in between : i was granted a european visa Schengen and Uk one very easily(even if UK embassy knew that i was denied for a tourist US visa..)the second tourist visa was refused even if i had in my passport a UK visa granted!!! GRRRRRR...i guess i was highlited as an immigrant

Thx for ure advice anyway!

Filed: Timeline

Quite a number of posts have been removed at the OP's request. Posts quoting them have been removed and valid comments have been returned below. Moonlight2011, please think carefully before you post personal information which you do not want others to see. Thank you.

The men can marry any christian or jewish woman so its not the same thing.

Guyanese Muslims intermarry with Guyanese Christians and Guyanese Hindus a lot so it isn't something strange there but I don't know of any Arab Muslim women married to men who didn't convert other than it was for a green card. A few years ago it seemed like it was a fad to go to Morocco in order to get married.

I am not saying that this is you but to overcome those cultural and religious differences is huge.

I think you really need to build that evidence with regards to your family because as you state, you will not be able to marry him in Algeria. Maybe he could even be at your interview in Algeria. That would help. As for him converting, that is really something that is for him to think about. Obviously if you are the same belief then it would be a lot easier, even if they turned you down for K1 you could get married in Algeria and file for a Cr1.

The thing is you know that your type of relationship is unusual in Algeria, and the fact that your parents are on board may be seen as only because it is an opportunity to leave Algeria for the USA. A case of it doesn't matter who you are with if it gets you out. You know what I mean? So you have to really try to make that part strong. It would even make more sense had your parents been against it and then came around. That would make more sense but if they are not really practicing Muslims then it would make sense that they were open to it.

You know that your relationship is genuine but the trick is proving it for a total stranger who probably has his mind made up already, that it is too.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

• 1 year later...

What a beautiful video!!! And look how skinny you got for the wedding! Wow!!! How did you lose all that weight?

Hey Moonlight,

No one really knows what the Consular or Embassy will think, or what the result of your interview will be. It could go anyway at all. Many ppl here will tell you that it seemed the Consular Officer already had their decision made, before you even had the interview. The really important thing is that you are honest, and that you provide the proof to back up your honesty. Letters from your family would be good. Just let things with your fiance, evolve naturally. If he is planning on converting, and does so before the interview... good. If he does not feel ready, or does not want to convert, before the interview... good too. Cause really, I think it doesn't matter. They will look at the information you have given them, and form it in their mind however they want to. For good or for bad. So i think its best just to let it happen naturally, and at least that way you will both feel comfortable with your choices, and comfortable giving honest answers at the interview. Just be prepared to be questioned about this, only because as other ppl have mentioned, its not the cultural/religious norm.

Hamza is a Muslim man, and I am a christian woman...so by cultural and religious standards its permissible for him to marry me. BUT they still questioned (really grilled him on this) him about this at the interview. They also called his father and questioned him about this, and they also called me and questioned me too... but we were all honest, and we eventually got his visa, after some AP time. If I had converted, just to make it easier to marry, or to look better for immigration, I would have been very uncomfortable answering the Embassy's questions, and I think it would have been obvious. SO as always let things happen naturally, and honestly. Good luck.

-Danni

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey Moonlight,

-Danni

I love your video. You guys look so good together... (L) and extremely happy!!! (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Wait I'm confused. Your timeline says you interviewed almost 2 years ago and were approved. What's up with that?

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

What a beautiful video!!! And look how skinny you got for the wedding! Wow!!! How did you lose all that weight?

Hi Zoletta. Thank you!! I did lose a little weight, I was taking a spinning class at the time. Unfortunately any weight I had lost, i have gained back.... eh. I really need to lose my sweet tooth.

I love your video. You guys look so good together... (L) and extremely happy!!! (L)

Hello, Rascalcat. Thank you!. We have been very fortunate, and happy together. We have been married 2 years and 1 month, and hoping for many more.

Wait I'm confused. Your timeline says you interviewed almost 2 years ago and were approved. What's up with that?

Hello, Sarah and Adnan. This thread is a couple years old. So the OP has interviewed and apparently was approved around that same time frame

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** closing old thread. Please check on the date of the OP and last reply before you post in a thread ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.