Moonlight2011

Tourist Visa denied then K1 Fiance visa!! MENA

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello Guys,

Here is my story..i will be happy to have advices and what do u think from ure experience.

I live in Algeria, im in the Fiance visa Prosses.

I had a tourist visa for the USA in 2009,after few months , i requested the same visa (tourist to go see my friend..i got denied!!!)...i requested an other one in summer 2010(tourist) i got denied too.

In december 2010 we launched the process of fiance visa...by the way he came too times to algeria and we meet in europe ..and my parenst loves hima dn approve our relationship.

My questions are::wacko:

Do i havbe to worry because of my two denial (tourist visa), for the approval of my fiance one.???

What can i expecte from the interview: the algiers embassy has a very bad reputations those last two years in refusing visa for people...)? will may case be easy because im a woman?

in you re opinion what i should prepare or expect are question: sensitive or not?

i have a very good situation in algeria: very good job in an american company and very good salary...will this play in my favor???

for the point of the religion, im proude of mine and my culture and my lover respects me and he is sometimes more muslim than im, he is Kind and respectful: who knows in the future he will maybe converted, he already has been to the mosq to understand the culture, and read a lot...he want try fast next ramadan :thumbs:

...maybe he will convert or not but i dont wnat influence him..that will be his own decision....for now we respect each other and our mix is doing very well together...

Do u think this diffrence will create an issue?? or will seem for them strange??or unusual?..my family approves everything... do u think that they will not belive us???

Thanks for ure help in advance.

Cheers!!:yes:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi,,,,I'm kinda in the same situation

I'm the beneficiary, a woman. And I got denied a visa 3 times.And I'm SCARED about this :wacko:

but my situation is even worse, my whole family live in the US.

I've heard and read that K-1 visa is different from the tourist visa,,,,they just want to make sure that your relationship is real. I hope that's right :)

Timeline

Hi thanks for ure reply!!!

well maybe so... i guess, i was too naive and thinking that i have nothing to hide, when i asked a second time my tourist visa and put his name in the application.

I was really confident that they will not think that im going there to marry him....cause i have so much girl friend in USA, if that was that i would put my friend that invite me the first tim e(that was a girl)...

I was so choked how the council treated me: and was talking about culture and how come my parents leave me to go visit a single man:she didnt even notice that my passport was full of visa europ and african...Crazy!!!

well, i hope everything will be good for all of us!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The tourist visa denial won't have any effect on the fiance visa, unless you lied (as they will have vthe file to check).

It is culturally unusual for a Muslim lady to marry a non-Muslim man, so expect questions about that.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Oh I am not saying it doesn;t happen, or that you cannot have a happy marriage that way. But it is unusual in the culture, and thus the consular officer WILL ask pointed questions (about conversion, how your parents feel, how you will bring up any kids etc). You asked what you should prepare, and you should prepare for these questions- it is what is considered a "red flag".

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

The tourist visa denial won't have any effect on the fiance visa, unless you lied (as they will have vthe file to check).

It is culturally unusual for a Muslim lady to marry a non-Muslim man, so expect questions about that.

You are absolutely right. Those marriages aren't even recognized Islamically so it would seem to be difficult to have the family on board.

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

ANd i forgot to say that , my father married a tcheque woman (he never asked her to convert..even if she doesnt need that), his friends too all married (polish, russian and tcheque woman..) most of them still married until today ,some lives abroad and some in Algeria..even when we had terrorisme... My fatehr get divorce cause he wanted to stay and live in Algeria and his ex wife..not, i have a very good relation with my brother even if we dont belong to the same culture and religion!!!..

my father was almost the only one that get divorce , the others all had a happy marriage!! :)

The men can marry any christian or jewish woman so its not the same thing.

Guyanese Muslims intermarry with Guyanese Christians and Guyanese Hindus a lot so it isn't something strange there but I don't know of any Arab Muslim women married to men who didn't convert other than it was for a green card. A few years ago it seemed like it was a fad to go to Morocco in order to get married.

I am not saying that this is you but to overcome those cultural and religious differences is huge.

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Just as a note: If you interview in English, don't refer to him as your lover. That word tends to (sadly) refer to a sexual partner. I would hate for them to misunderstand you and think the relationship is not about love as I'm sure it is.

"Love of my life" would be appropriate.

Good luck!!

Edited by USColombia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would not be surprised if the consulate will contact your family. Your relationship is probably out of the "cultural norm" in the eyes of the CO. Be ready for some bait and tackle.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree with Penguin, she is right so please listen to the advice we give you here (that is the whole idea of asking for advice)

They WILL sly and burn you with questions, they KNOW that it is not okay for muslim women to marry a non-muslim man, so expect lots of questions about that. To them, it is odd and out of the ordinary and they have every right to question anyone. That is their job.

K-1 and Tourist visas are entirely different, but they will ask you about it (if you ever applied for a visa/been to the U.S). They won't deny you because your B2 was denied before, so don't worry.

I don't think being a woman really changes much, more than half of the immigrants here are women, so you're not the only case.

I'd request to have my interview in Arabic or maybe French so you don't *mis-speak* in English, if your English isn't good enough.

P.S: Don't compare other countries to the U.S or the U.S immigration system. It really is very different and the most difficult in my opinion.

Best of luck!!

Edited by Nermeen&Joe

K1 Timeline
03/08/10 - I-129F packet sent to VSC
07/07/10 - Interview Date - APPROVED!
10/28/10 - POE @ Chicago
11/21/10 - Marriage

AOS, AP, EAD.
01/18/11 - AOS, AP, EAD packet sent
03/07/2011 - Biometrics appointment
03/29/2011 - AOS, AP and EAD approved (After 2.5 months)
04/04/2011 - Green card in hand[/size]

ROC
02/12/2013 - ROC packet sent
02/21/2013 - NOA1 Received
03/09/2013 - Biometrics appointment
06/19/2013 - ROC APPROVED!

N-400 Naturalization

06/20/2014 - N-400 Packet sent

07/15/2014 - Check Cashedarrow-10x10.png

08/04/2014 - Biometrics

02/19/2015 - Interview

03/26/2015 - Oath Ceremony
event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

It definitely will cause you some issues that you are Muslim and he is Christian. The consulate is going to consider that a MAJOR red flag. They know that is not culturally or religiously accepted and they will try to figure out what your motivations are. Maybe in other countries they don't look at your background or cultural and religous norms for immigration purposes, but in America THEY DO.

Edited by Betsy El Sum

Betsy El Sum

Timeline

Hi, thanks for ure answer!...and sharing ure thoughts regarding ure experiences...

so in ure opinion if the Guy will convert, this will look real and if not, they will see it as for paper only???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.