DavidandIrina

Best way to meet a Ukrainian/Russian (and cheapest)

401 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My FIL and MIL have a nice life being pensioners in southern Russia, so they would like to visit for sure but never to live here; they would rather we all move back there.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

:ot2:

You need to go over there and don't worry about writing to all these "hotties" with translation costs, etc. You can find socials, even with AFA that can be quite reasonable. The idea is to meet a bunch of women and then start the sorting and selection process. Going to an organized social will let you arrange to have a translator for your time there. Just don't get a translator in the age group you are interested in. That can cause bad translations.

The costs are pretty easy to manage yourself, but they are not cheap. You should plan to go back after the initial meeting to make sure you selected the right one. But, like the others have said, if your friend is already concerned about costs maybe this is not for him. If that is the case, look for large Russian speaking communities and visit some stores or businesses there to see if they know any ladies that are looking to get married. But of course, they will probably already be Americanized women.

The main thing is to get off your butt and do it. It's not as tough as you think, but you should go with eyes wide open and a little knowledge of what to watch for.

I met my wife at a social with a company that is no longer in business. At least their socials were in a hotel meeting room and not in a bar. There are a few sites that are small and concentrated on one city, like Kiev Connections. That is owned by an American who married a Ukrainian woman. He seems pretty happy and their site seems pretty fair.

By all means, read about scams whenever you plan to travel to any country to be aware of what can happen and how they usually make it work.

Happy hunting!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What if he really was?

Plus don't get all judgemental after talking to one woman... I hate that...

I also hate the fact that the guys, who met a couple of 18-year-old RUBs with no brains now think that all young RUB girls will be happy to date them. You're so wrong :P

I never dated an 18 year old RUB woman. I did date a couple of RUB women in their 20's and found them annoying. I later determined that I would not be interested in any RUB woman that had not finished a college education before perestroika.

As I have said before, introduce me to an 18 year od RUB chick and I will ask her to take me home to meet her mother.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I have no reason to doubt her. After all, she is a client, and sending me referrals.

Shhhh! You are destroying the fantasy of these graying studs. :rofl:

My wife is not a fantasy but she sure would qualify as one if she weren't real. Her children are more than 18 years old. I am the luckiest guy on earth.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I personally find 18-year-old women annoying. I annoyed MYSELF when I was eighteen. And when my friends date women of that age group, it inevitably ends up with the girls drinking too much and sobbing over a perceived slight that actually didn't happen and drama for drama's sake.

I don't really understand why a grown man would want to deal with that BS, but I suppose that some just don't care and can ignore the histrionics.

Первый блин комом.

I had a few Russian scammers try to hit me on www.match.com. It was enough to get my curiosity up and google about Russian scammers. That led me to www.elenasmodels.com since they had lots of info on the typical scams. I was shocked at the difference in quality between the RUB women and American women. Still, I never figured I would ever go overseas to find someone, so didn't pursue it further until about a year later. I finally got bored and the idea popped back into my head. I ended up going back to www.elenasmodels.com and saw they had a free membership and figured wth. After seeing all the hotties that wrote to me on the first day, I was hooked and ended up getting a basic membership. Long story short, I was on my way to Ukraine a couple months later and married shortly after that. So that would be my recommendation...www.elenasmodels.com.

I have been to the Ukraine 28 times in the last 8 years. I have been to Russia 6 times in that same period. I returned from Ekaterinburg Russia 3 weeks ago, after visiting my fiance. I used Anastasiweb.com and met some very good women and I met some not so serious women. Elenamodels is a good reputable website. My current way that I met my sweetheart was using Russian website mamba. There are plenty of no so serious people there, but there are some very serious women there also. Once I met my sweetheart, we went exclusively on skype and formed our relationship. I have been to Ekaternburg twice and currently we are waitng for our NOA2.

The best way IMO is to just go there and learn about the culture, the rich history and the people. I love all my time overseas. I especially have a huge fondness for the Ukraine. I have been all over the Crimea and the rest of the Ukraine. Use your common sense, with respect to scammers. There are also some very good people there and I have been Blessed to meet some. Good luck on your journey and do not worry about the cost, because it is expensive, and it is worth it when you find the one you love!

I personally find 18-year-old women annoying. I annoyed MYSELF when I was eighteen. And when my friends date women of that age group, it inevitably ends up with the girls drinking too much and sobbing over a perceived slight that actually didn't happen and drama for drama's sake.

I don't really understand why a grown man would want to deal with that BS, but I suppose that some just don't care and can ignore the histrionics.

That's why it's best to find one that doesn't speak any English. That way who cares what she says? It's not like an English speaking only guy is going to understand her.

Let's talk logic here. A woman is in her 20s and has a choice between a 25 year old guy and a 45 year old guy, and they are both nice, smart etc. So, which guy is she likely to choose when the only difference is age? I think the younger guy. So, if a woman agrees to date a guy who is about twice as old as she is - that means that she doesn't have a better option. And what is the reason for that? Well, it's not always true, but one of the reasons might be that there is something wrong with her.

That's why I think that there is little chance for a guy to get a quality woman, who is 20-30 years younger then him and who is sincere.

That's my opinion though...

Some women prefer "papa". Papa knows how to make everything better. :devil:

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Some women prefer "papa". Papa knows how to make everything better. :devil:

I don't know.... Tastes differ :whistle:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Aren't those "suggar daddies"? Marry him, wait till he dies (or even earlier if you're lucky), then profit.

Some yes, some no. And if it's a "yes", who cares as long as the sex is terrific. Sex with a hotty, internet, Heineken, and ESPN. Does it get any better than that ?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

When a girl is just sobbing hysterically, no one can understand what she's saying, language barrier or no language barrier.

Girls who want a "papa"=daddy issues. And that's a whole set of problems in and of itself.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Some yes, some no. And if it's a "yes", who cares as long as the sex is terrific. Sex with a hotty, internet, Heineken, and ESPN. Does it get any better than that ?

Your video says they are all RUB girls.. They are actually all British :)

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

Let's talk logic here. A woman is in her 20s and has a choice between a 25 year old guy and a 45 year old guy, and they are both nice, smart etc. So, which guy is she likely to choose when the only difference is age? I think the younger guy. So, if a woman agrees to date a guy who is about twice as old as she is - that means that she doesn't have a better option. And what is the reason for that? Well, it's not always true, but one of the reasons might be that there is something wrong with her.

That's why I think that there is little chance for a guy to get a quality woman, who is 20-30 years younger then him and who is sincere.

That's my opinion though...

To be clear, I did not seek out women in their 20s when I was in my mid 40's (even "upper-mid" 40s :P ) They hit on ME. I do not know if they were sincere and I did not care. If you get my drift. I did not consider them wife material at any point or potential wife material. I do not if they considered me "husband material" and I do not care. 'Nuff said.

The ONLY woman I had a "relationship" with in Ukraine while I lived there was 2 years younger than me and was a very attractive and interesting woman (with a daughter older than some of the women I dated) to spend time with but was also over-the-top religious and there was no way that was going to work out long term but she was an excellent "friend" and I still consider her that. Alla does not approve. :lol: There were a few I dated that were closer to my age but obviously not sincere.

In our circle of RUB/American friends/couples, there is one couple with a 30 year age difference and they seem to be doing well. The smallest age difference is 7 years, the largest is 30 years. Alla and I have a 12 year age difference so we are in the middle so to speak (of 9 couples)

I was never interested in long term realtionships with women that are not of the "same age" at least generationally, as me. My advice to anyone my age is to seek out Ukrainian women in their 40's+. There are tons of them that are extremely, drop dead, beautiful, sensible, intelligent and sincere. Plus they have the indescibeable quality and values that come from having been raised in the Sovist Union.

Gary And Alla

When a girl is just sobbing hysterically, no one can understand what she's saying, language barrier or no language barrier.

Girls who want a "papa"=daddy issues. And that's a whole set of problems in and of itself.

That's why god invented a volume control button for the remote.

*and they all have some kind of hang up in one way or another.

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.