DavidandIrina

Best way to meet a Ukrainian/Russian (and cheapest)

401 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just wanted to start a general discussion about how to meet a woman from Ukraine or Russia and to try to figure out how most of you did it? Also a friend of mine was wondering how he could find a woman as beautiful as my fiancee, but I honestly don't know what to tell him. ;-) I met my fiancee through youtube actually -- i met her friend who was married and she recommended Irina to me, we started chatting every day, and the rest is history. But I know that I get spammed daily about "meet a russian woman today" but I know most of these sites are scam/phishing/etc. So its hard to know who to trust...

Are there any ukrainiain/russian dating sites that you can trust?

What are some inexpensive ones? (Anastasiadate.com is like 8 dollars per emails or something silly)

What have you all used?

David and Irina

Well meeting Lena was total accident I was surfing and found a little free site called datingnmore. I am security engineer so there claim of scam free got my attention. Within a couple days I saw photo and the rest is history! No expense till trip to Ukraine and then USCIS.

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Not to be a killjoy, but if your friend is worrying about how much money this process will cost him, before he even starts, then I would suggest this method isn't for him. There's nothing wrong with being aware of scams, excessive fees and the like; but this process isn't cheap and IMO expense shouldn't be the first thing on your mind, but how to achieve the best results should; regardless of cost.

Timeline

I second that...after my post....I was thinking #######...you are worried about money.....you'll never make it.....the commitment is more that meeting people on the internet......you gotta pay to play....with websites to send personal IMs you gotta pay....ant then there is the travel....and if you are serious...cough up the dough for this whole crazy K1 thing...and another chunk for AOS....and it is not always easy.....and I am not sure what girls especially like cheap guys.....but good luck

Not to be a killjoy, but if your friend is worrying about how much money this process will cost him, before he even starts, then I would suggest this method isn't for him. There's nothing wrong with being aware of scams, excessive fees and the like; but this process isn't cheap and IMO expense shouldn't be the first thing on your mind, but how to achieve the best results should; regardless of cost.

Edited by springfox

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I had a few Russian scammers try to hit me on www.match.com. It was enough to get my curiosity up and google about Russian scammers. That led me to www.elenasmodels.com since they had lots of info on the typical scams. I was shocked at the difference in quality between the RUB women and American women. Still, I never figured I would ever go overseas to find someone, so didn't pursue it further until about a year later. I finally got bored and the idea popped back into my head. I ended up going back to www.elenasmodels.com and saw they had a free membership and figured wth. After seeing all the hotties that wrote to me on the first day, I was hooked and ended up getting a basic membership. Long story short, I was on my way to Ukraine a couple months later and married shortly after that. So that would be my recommendation...www.elenasmodels.com.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hmmmm... if he's looking for the cheapest way, why is he looking for an RUB woman? It will cost money just to bring her there...

Talking about dating websites - I don't trust any of those...

If he lives in MA he can just go to Cape Cod in the summer some time - I'm pretty sure there are a lot of FSU students there, so he can try to meet somebody in person, not through dating websites.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hmmmm... if he's looking for the cheapest way, why is he looking for an RUB woman? It will cost money just to bring her there...

Ha, you know I never thought of that. I just thought about it and between the two trips, skype to cell calls, packages, presents, etc, I've got an easy 5000 invested already and its only been a year. I haven't even done the K-1 yet but that's another 1700+. RUB girls are expensive to get one, HOWEVER, well worth it I think :-D !!!!!!

But you know how most people are -- "How would I do that???" and then you tell them some easy ways to get involved, but they may go to a web site once but usually won't get involved. (I run a model airplane club, works exactly the same way) It takes a REAL man of courage with some resources to truly get involved and win the heart of a RUB girl and then to go over there and do what is necessary to bring her home :-D My boss simply said "Wow David I guess you really like challenges especially now that she's pregnant" I just said "Yes I guess so" LOL!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I met my RUB man on a language exchange site (send me a message if you want the info I don't wish to post it here) because I had just moved to Moscow and wanted to meet Russian speakers... he needed someone to practice his English and Spanish and I needed someone to help me get to know Moscow as a local and practice my Russian.

I'm of the opinion the best relationships start by accident... if someone actively pursues a mate on a site I don't think it'll work (well, that's my experience, so I have a bias), but well some do. Especially since there's a lot of interest in finding Russian women, scams are more common and if he just focuses on "she's so HOT" he's an easy target.

But really, it doesn't matter WHERE she's from, there is no such thing as a cheap long distance relationship. And I mean "long distance", not "He goes to college in a different state".

Edited by AmyWrites

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Like a few other posts have said.. The introduction sites would be a small part of the total overall cost if he finds someone and goes through the process. Every site will have the same problem as any other site where women are looking to meet a foreign guy: They are specifically looking for a foreign guy. There is bound to be a high rate of fraud and at the very least someone looking for something beyond love. That second part should not be a problem for your friend since he is pretty much doing the exact same thing - targeting someone from a foreign country in hopes of finding someone prettier than he can find here.

Not being judgmental, everyone has their own take on what they want and if two people match each other's wants and are happy good for them... Perhaps the best outcome would be if your fiancée introduced him to one of her friends.

He could also go the route foriegn guys use that are looking for American Women - Since American women don't use these type of services the foreign guys tend to use the social sites (ie: facebook) and strike up conversations. This would be cheap but time consuming.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Timeline

Go to church. That is the best way to find a good woman, and will end up costing you less in the end. Included in the cost consider how much it will cost to bring the RUB'S parents over in about three or four years, and supporting them for the rest of their lives.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I met my RUB man on a language exchange site (send me a message if you want the info I don't wish to post it here) because I had just moved to Moscow and wanted to meet Russian speakers... he needed someone to practice his English and Spanish and I needed someone to help me get to know Moscow as a local and practice my Russian.

I think that is really good advice... If your friend is serious about meeting someone from Russia he will want to give the language some study. There are many sites.. One site he can use for free: www.livemocha.com this site is really nice because he can study the language a bit and his work is corrected by native speakers that are learning English (and vice-versa - he will correct the work done by Russian speakers leaning English).

Just going that route - sign up and start taking the 101 course on the language - he will have more people striking up conversations than he can handle. That is actually why I stopped using the site - too many people sending emails/chat requests.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I just wanted to start a general discussion about how to meet a woman from Ukraine or Russia and to try to figure out how most of you did it? Also a friend of mine was wondering how he could find a woman as beautiful as my fiancee, but I honestly don't know what to tell him. ;-) I met my fiancee through youtube actually -- i met her friend who was married and she recommended Irina to me, we started chatting every day, and the rest is history. But I know that I get spammed daily about "meet a russian woman today" but I know most of these sites are scam/phishing/etc. So its hard to know who to trust...

Are there any ukrainiain/russian dating sites that you can trust?

What are some inexpensive ones? (Anastasiadate.com is like 8 dollars per emails or something silly)

What have you all used?

David and Irina

Anastasia is the best known scam site. Your friend would be wise to do more research prior.

Personally, I used Elenas Models.

I paid $99 for a Gold or Silver membership which gave me access to 50 private emails or phone numbers.

I picked my wife out of an online catalog and then we got married and she is with me.

If your friend believes it is as simple as that.....then tell him to forget all about it.

It will take a lot of hard work on his part (and money) and assuming he is a nice and likeable person.

If you search back through my early posts back in 2009, you'll get more of my "how to" details.

Here's the list of reputable sites.......that is the easy part....the hard work is to come.

Here are good websites:

www.freepersonals.ru

www.fdating.com

www.allsinglerussiangirls.com

www.elenasmodels.com

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

First off I would disagree with the poster who says if you have to worry about what it is costing you then you shouldn't be doing it. I will agree if things like the cost of a plane ticket are going to bother you then yes, you have no business even thinking about it.

However, there are lots of sites such as HotRussianBrides, Anastasia and many more where you will pay $ 8.00 for each email sent and received and most likly are communicating with on office worker who pretends to be the lady you think you are writing since it is so lucrative.

The general rule I would give would be to never use a site where you pay by the letter.

If I had to pick one site to recommend it would be Elenas Models. I met my wife there and since I participate in 5 different forums about RW and have for 6 years I am comfortable in saying more men have met their wife through Elena's than any other single site. There are others that are fine. Bride.ru, MerryDating, Mamba (free), FreePersonals.ru (also free). There are other good ones as well.

Another option is to take a tour. Having done 4 tours there is only one worth the powder to blow them up and that is Jack Braggs, First Dream tours. Stay away from AFA and AWeb tours.

Of course there are guys who have met their wives in ways that may involve more luck than anything but the odds are probably not that great.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Included in the cost consider how much it will cost to bring the RUB'S parents over in about three or four years, and supporting them for the rest of their lives.

In the RUB forum, we don't marry the whole family - we marry a spouse. We're not under the same contractual obligations you guys are.

How'd I meet RUB girls? I traveled the world. I've met a few girls from a few different countries and then kept up with them over the phone, internet, etc. I would say for someone who doesn't travel, the best way would be to use social networking sites like facebook, myspace, etc., not forgetting about Russian sites similar to those. (Odnoklassniki, moi mir, etc.) Make a profile, talk to girls, see where it goes.

It's no different than how you'd "normally" hook up with a chick, it's just over a virtual forum and farther away.

And who says this process costs over $5000? Remember, she can pay part of it too!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.