yailukmuu

If you are a male aged 50 forget a K-1 with Thailand fiancee! Dead deal.

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

similar post at http://goo.gl/eN0AC.

Also, a marriage in Thailand does NOT cause the women to lose property rights. Ridiculous. OP, please research before you post. You have numerous threads on VJ with bad information.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Makes sense. There is something very disturbing and weird about middle aged dudes going to foreign countries and marrying women (or should i say girls?) two decades their junior or more.

Very judgmental comment given the hundreds of Petitioners here that may fit this description. Why do you wish to wish launch such an attack here? Does it really bother you that much, or is it ENVY?

Peace.

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline

similar post at http://goo.gl/eN0AC.

Also, a marriage in Thailand does NOT cause the women to lose property rights. Ridiculous. OP, please research before you post. You have numerous threads on VJ with bad information.

You sure about that? There's all kinds of cases that say otherwise.

To edit. I think you are quite wrong about that.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

You sure about that? There's all kinds of cases that say otherwise.

To edit. I think you are quite wrong about that.

Edit again. Might be your 50% paid property, but if things dont work out, you'll never have any legal right to that land. Give it a shot. Condos area different story.

Actual land, no farang will ever win that case. Never! Any lawyer or barstool lawyer that tells you any different is lying.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Three years ago I met a woman online from Thailand. A month ago, after visiting her for three months I returned engaged to her.

We started the K-1 process and intended to send it in on April 10th. (She needed a copy of her birth certificate for pertinent information)

Just today it was announced that Thailand will pass a law forbidding any male aged 50 or over from marrying a Thai woman (of any age).

There is a post in the K-1 forum that explains the history of "why," Thailand is doing this. In short South Korean males broker (read buy) mail order brides, usually after meeting them for two days, which has caused problems. Cambodia has already passed such a law. Clearly 3 years of developing a relationship is not the same as two days... yet, that does not matter.

The law will certainly be in effect as of May 1st, 2011.

It would be very difficult for me to travel back to Thailand before then and worse, I do not want to marry her in Thailand. A marriage registered in Thailand causes the woman to lose certain valuable property rights. A Thai woman married in America who does not register the marriage with Thailand keeps those rights. (She is effectively married as far as America is concerned, and single as far as Thailand is concerned).

Here is my question: Can we meet in a neighboring country, such as Singapore, get married, and will America honor a marriage where neither party is a resident of the country where the marriage was officiated?

Plan "A" is dead...

Any suggestions for a Plan "B?"

I don't get depressed easily, but today I am...

I don't understand what you see as a problem. You don't want to and will not be marrying in Thailand if you follow the K1 process. Yes, you can marry anywhere and have the marriage recognized but that would require a spouse visa process. K1 requires the marriage takes place in the USA within 90 of using the visa to enter.

Thailand can only prevent marriages from occurring in Thailand. If you're saying Thailand would forbid her to leave on a K1 visa because your 50 or older, that's another issue. It's not what you described the law to be.

Posting about starting the K1 process in the IR1/CR1 forum confuses people.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Three years ago I met a woman online from Thailand. A month ago, after visiting her for three months I returned engaged to her.

We started the K-1 process and intended to send it in on April 10th. (She needed a copy of her birth certificate for pertinent information)

Just today it was announced that Thailand will pass a law forbidding any male aged 50 or over from marrying a Thai woman (of any age).

There is a post in the K-1 forum that explains the history of "why," Thailand is doing this. In short South Korean males broker (read buy) mail order brides, usually after meeting them for two days, which has caused problems. Cambodia has already passed such a law. Clearly 3 years of developing a relationship is not the same as two days... yet, that does not matter.

The law will certainly be in effect as of May 1st, 2011.

It would be very difficult for me to travel back to Thailand before then and worse, I do not want to marry her in Thailand. A marriage registered in Thailand causes the woman to lose certain valuable property rights. A Thai woman married in America who does not register the marriage with Thailand keeps those rights. (She is effectively married as far as America is concerned, and single as far as Thailand is concerned).

Here is my question: Can we meet in a neighboring country, such as Singapore, get married, and will America honor a marriage where neither party is a resident of the country where the marriage was officiated?

Plan "A" is dead...

Any suggestions for a Plan "B?"

I don't get depressed easily, but today I am...

I have done some research (not extensive) on marrying a Thai citizen, but I wasn't aware that the Thai citizen looses any property or any other rights for that matter once we are married. Can you back your statement with a reference. Or is it because it is April Fools Day. :lol: Anyone please?!

Edited by divingpcola

K-1 TIMELINE11/03/2010 Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS VSC
11/15/2010 Received NOA1 in the mail
02/04/2011 Requested expediting of case for military deployment
02/11/2011 Expediting request approved
02/22/2011 Received expediting request approval letter in the mail
02/28/2011 NOA2 Document Received in the mail
02/28/2011 NVC received and case # assigned
03/01/2011 Case sent to Embassy
03/04/2011 Case received at the Embassy
03/09/2011 Embassy sent Packet 3 via mail (we did not wait for it, downloaded forms online)
03/15/2011 Sent Packet 3 to the Embassy
03/18/2011 Embassy received Packet 3 in the mail
03/28/2011 Received Packet 4 from Embassy
04/20/2011 Embassy Interview Date (APPROVED)
04/27/2011 POE JFK, NY
AOS/AE/AP TIMELINE
06/24/2011 Mailed the AOS/EA/AP
07/05/2011 Received NOA1's for the AP/AE/AOS dated 06/27/2011
07/08/2011 Received NOA for biometrics appointment
07/25/2011 Biometrics appointment
08/24/2011 Received AP/AE card in the mail
09/08/2011 AOS interview APPROVED
09/09/2011 Card in production
09/19/2011 Green card on hand!

I-130 TIMELINE - STEPDAUGHTER I-751 TIMELINE-WIFE

04/07/2013 Mailed I-130 petition 06/10/2013 Mailed I-751 petition

04/14/2013 Received NOA1 inthe mail 06/19/2013 Received NOA1 in mail

05/04/2013 Requested expediting due to military deployment %

Timeline

I have done some research (not extensive) on marrying a Thai citizen, but I wasn't aware that the Thai citizen looses any property or any other rights for that matter once we are married. Can you back your statement with a reference. Or is it because it is April Fools Day. :lol: Anyone please?!

I wish it was a joke.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/453007-farlang-owning-land-in-thailand/

So far I haven't seen it actually enforced. If they do enforce it I know a few guys up north that will be scratching their heads.

Timeline

I wish it was a joke.

http://www.thaivisa....nd-in-thailand/

So far I haven't seen it actually enforced. If they do enforce it I know a few guys up north that will be scratching their heads.

Your link has nothing to do with a Thai citizen losing property rights. You are arguing a different topic entirely. The fact is, a where a Thai citizen is married has nothing at all to do with property rights.

There has been some question as to whether a Thai citizen may have trouble proving legal ties to land ownership, should she or he change their last name to a non-Thai name, but that is not the topic here at all.

Timeline

Makes sense. There is something very disturbing and weird about middle aged dudes going to foreign countries and marrying women (or should i say girls?) two decades their junior or more.

At the risk of sounding unpopular, I agree with you. Not that I'm saying this should not be allowed, but, in some cases, the age difference is a bit creepy.

At the risk of sounding unpopular, I agree with you. Not that I'm saying this should not be allowed, but, in some cases, the age difference is a bit creepy.

What age difference do you "creepy"?

I find obese or woman with a fat / large rear end as "Creepy"

Some guys dig fat chicks, but hey that's their bag, Personally I pay much more attention to my life than others........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Timeline

Very judgmental comment given the hundreds of Petitioners here that may fit this description. Why do you wish to wish launch such an attack here? Does it really bother you that much, or is it ENVY?

Peace.

Yes, I am envious. I would like to marry women more than 20 years younger than me, laws prohibiting it be damned :lol:

Damn fool.

Not to sound mean or insensitive but it seems you are more concerned about her rights to property than to your love as a couple. If you two truly love then property rights would be the last on the mind, therefore your post would have read: How do I get my beloved fiance here as fast as possible. I know my post seems insensitive but it is, afterall, my opinion and interpretation.

So your suggestion was...??? :whistle: If there is something America is great about, it's the agreement to disagree. Everyone has different priorities and that doesn't make him a better or worse person

USCIS
11/12/2010 Marriage in Colombia
12/13/2010 I-130 Sent
12/14/2010 NOA1
01/07/2011 Touched
04/27/2011 NOA2
05/02/2011 NOA 2 Hard Copy Received

NVC
05/02/2011 NVC Received
05/09/2011 NVC Case # Assigned
05/10/2011 AOS Bill Paid
05/10/2011 DS 3032 Email sent
05/11/2011 DS 3032 Email confirmation from NVC
05/14/2011 AOS Package sent
05/16/2011 AOS Package received at NVC
06/02/2011 IV Bill Paid
06/04/2011 DS 230 Package sent
06/06/2011 DS 230 Package received at NVC
06/15/2011 SIF - NVC Case complete
08/22/2011 Interview & Approval
08/27/2011 Passports and Sealed envelope delivered

USA
09/08/2011 POE Miami
09/19/2011 Welcome letter
09/26/2011 Green card in the mail

USCIS

09/05/2013 I-751 Sent

09/12/2013 NOA Dated 09/06/2013

Yes, I am envious. I would like to marry women more than 20 years younger than me, laws prohibiting it be damned :lol:

Damn fool.

You keep calling people fools, and we're gonna send Mr. T. and make ya an April Fool! :lol:

ps, nothing against the law about rocking young arm candy. Just judgmental or fuddy-duddy attitudes.

Peace.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Timeline

You keep calling people fools, and we're gonna send Mr. T. and make ya an April Fool! :lol:

ps, nothing against the law about rocking young arm candy. Just judgmental or fuddy-duddy attitudes.

Peace.

There are laws governing age of consent. I couldn't marry someone two decades younger than me due to those laws. So yeah.. thinking I'm envious because I can't marry a freakin child is pretty stupid of you. But hey, stupid is how you do.