Obama 2012

Activist Women Create "Slut Walk" In Retaliation To Comments from Officer

365 posts in this topic

Personally, I prefer the law to remain as it stands, women having the right to dress as they choose and men being severely punished if they force themselves onto a women regardless of what perceived provocation the criminal man conjures up to defend his actions.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

What you are saying is that because some men can't control themselves all women should conform to some universal standard of modesty just in case. As I said, when did you become a muslim?

What I'm saying, is that when you seek to gain attention, you should expect some attention you don't want to come with it.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

What I'm saying, is that when you seek to gain attention, you should expect some attention you don't want to come with it.

Exactly, what you are saying is that women should not draw attention to themselves just in case some man wants to use that as an excuse for sexual assault. Brilliant, when can I expect the hijab edict to be introduced?

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Why do I have a sneaky suspicion that "Paul" isn't really a "Paul" after all, and his first name is something like "Mohammad" and that he isn't posting from Texas, but from Riyadh. :unsure:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Exactly, what you are saying is that women should not draw attention to themselves just in case some man wants to use that as an excuse for sexual assault. Brilliant, when can I expect the hijab edict to be introduced?

Not at all. You as usual infer things incorrectly.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Not at all. You as usual infer things incorrectly.

No, as usual don't understand the implications of the things you write.

You explicitly said that women who dress 'slutty' are inviting (however subtly) sexual assault from men who lack imulse control. You have removed (however subtly) a proportion of the responsibility for sexual assault from the attacker to the victim by way of not very subtly saying that there are some things that a woman should not wear unless she is prepared to accept that some men will view that clothing as a signal that she is open to sex regardless of any other contrary indicators, like for example that the woman might try to run away, fight off the attacker or attempt to prevent the sexual attack in some way. No, as far as you are concerned the way a woman dresses is an indicator of her sexual availability, and not just her availability to a specific individual but to men in general. Well, enlighten, where does the line get drawn? What exactly defines 'slutty' and places the wearer at risk of sexual assault from men who lack impulse control?

I'll not even go into the reality that sexual attacks just don't happen in the way that you are suggesting. Sexual attacks simply aren't perpetrated by men going about their normal day to day business who suddenly experience spontaneous sexual impulses that they have absolutely no control over because they happen to glance at a woman who is dressed 'slutty'.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Doesn't this kinda fall into the same advise as "Lock your valuables in the trunk or put them out of sight"?

Or Don't wear flashy jewelry in crowds, you make yourself a target.

Hey, if Feminists want to prove a point or make their stand.... let'em go ahead, I just think their courage would seem less plastic, if they did the #######-walk in "Those parts of town" alone.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Doesn't this kinda fall into the same advise as "Lock your valuables in the trunk or put them out of sight"?

Or Don't wear flashy jewelry in crowds, you make yourself a target.

Hey, if Feminists want to prove a point or make their stand.... let'em go ahead, I just think their courage would seem less plastic, if they did the #######-walk in "Those parts of town" alone.

Sure, if you think that woman are objects and sexual assault is simply men who lack impulse control when faced with a woman who isn't covering enough flesh. Are you a dress police advocate as well? This is not a feminist issue, it's a rights issue.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Timeline

No, as usual don't understand the implications of the things you write.

You explicitly said that women who dress 'slutty' are inviting (however subtly) sexual assault from men who lack imulse control. You have removed (however subtly) a proportion of the responsibility for sexual assault from the attacker to the victim by way of not very subtly saying that there are some things that a woman should not wear unless she is prepared to accept that some men will view that clothing as a signal that she is open to sex regardless of any other contrary indicators, like for example that the woman might try to run away, fight off the attacker or attempt to prevent the sexual attack in some way. No, as far as you are concerned the way a woman dresses is an indicator of her sexual availability, and not just her availability to a specific individual but to men in general. Well, enlighten, where does the line get drawn? What exactly defines 'slutty' and places the wearer at risk of sexual assault from men who lack impulse control?

I'll not even go into the reality that sexual attacks just don't happen in the way that you are suggesting. Sexual attacks simply aren't perpetrated by men going about their normal day to day business who suddenly experience spontaneous sexual impulses that they have absolutely no control over because they happen to glance at a woman who is dressed 'slutty'.

You have to ask yourself: Why do women dress like sluts?

One reason: Attention.

Lots of cleavage, short skirts, 4 inch heels, lots of makeup, and that look that says "hey baby, how you doin'"

Get real. These women want attention and they sure as hell do get it. Sometimes that turns into unwanted attention.

Does this mean that they deserve to get raped? No, I didn't say that. HOWEVER, when you ask for the attention you're going to get it and sometimes there are going to be consequences of your actions. These women a lot of times who get raped end up leading men on, acting sexual in their tone, etc...

I don't like the idea of blaming the victims, however sometimes you have to step back, look at reality and be like "is there something I could have done differently to prevent this."

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

You have to ask yourself: Why do women dress like sluts?

One reason: Attention.

Lots of cleavage, short skirts, 4 inch heels, lots of makeup, and that look that says "hey baby, how you doin'"

Get real. These women want attention and they sure as hell do get it. Sometimes that turns into unwanted attention.

Does this mean that they deserve to get raped? No, I didn't say that. HOWEVER, when you ask for the attention you're going to get it and sometimes there are going to be consequences of your actions. These women a lot of times who get raped end up leading men on, acting sexual in their tone, etc...

I don't like the idea of blaming the victims, however sometimes you have to step back, look at reality and be like "is there something I could have done differently to prevent this."

I am real. You are ascribing your personal assumptions to what a woman is doing when she dresses a certain way, in other words, you are saying that some dress is modest, appropriate and safe and other dress is immodest, inappropriate and unsafe and wearing it removes the right of the woman to say no to sexual advances. What century are you living in?

Women who get raped are not ####### teasers. who deserve no better. Rape is not even really a sexual act but an attempt by the assailant to express power and dominance over another human being because in their ordinary existence they lack respect and as such the way a woman dresses has very little influence on whether or not she will end up a victim of a sexual attack. You as a self professed student of human behaviour should know this already, but clearly you do not.

I am not quite sure how you can say in one breath you don't like blaming victims but then in the next go ahead and blame them, but hey, why not, you are nothing if not inconsistent.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sure, if you think that woman are objects and sexual assault is simply men who lack impulse control when faced with a woman who isn't covering enough flesh. Are you a dress police advocate as well? This is not a feminist issue, it's a rights issue.

I hav't advocated for anything... except these ladies do the #######-walk, where it counted, on some back street, not down main street.

Edited by Danno

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I hav't advocated for anything... except these ladies do the #######-walk, where it counted, on some back street, not down main street.

As the ####### walk is designed to draw attention to an issue, I singularly fail to see how walking down a back street would achieve that end. You did read the part where it was clearly stated that participants are not required to dress in any particular fashion, didn't you? From your response I am guessing you didn't but then again...

Timeline

I am real. You are ascribing your personal assumptions to what a woman is doing when she dresses a certain way, in other words, you are saying that some dress is modest, appropriate and safe and other dress is immodest, inappropriate and unsafe and wearing it removes the right of the woman to say no to sexual advances. What century are you living in?

Women who get raped are not ####### teasers. who deserve no better. Rape is not even really a sexual act but an attempt by the assailant to express power and dominance over another human being because in their ordinary existence they lack respect and as such the way a woman dresses has very little influence on whether or not she will end up a victim of a sexual attack. You as a self professed student of human behaviour should know this already, but clearly you do not.

I am not quite sure how you can say in one breath you don't like blaming victims but then in the next go ahead and blame them, but hey, why not, you are nothing if not inconsistent.

that's because your not able to read except what you want to see...

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!