jalie

AOS (Request For Applicant To Appear For Initial Interview)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello again VJ, good afternoon from lovely Texas.

My interview appointment for AOS (scheduled on April 20, 2011) came in the mail today. I am wondering if all applicants who were required an interview received a kilometric list of documents and supporting evidence to bring to the interview! The letter states,

"You must bring the following items with you:

- This Interview Notice and your Government issued photo identification.

- A completed medical examination (Form I-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted)

- A completed Affidavit(s) of Support (form I-864) with all required evidence...:

1) Federal Income Tax returns and W-2's or IRS printouts...;

2) Letters from each current employer...;

3) Evidence of your sponsor's or co-sponsor's USC or LPR status;

- All documentation establishing your eligibility for LPR status

- Any immigration-related documentation ever issued to you includind EAD and any authorization for AP (Form I-512)

- All travel documents used to enter the US, including passports...

- Your birth certificate

- Your petitioner's BC and your petitioner's US Citizenship or LPR status.

- If you have children, bring BC for each...

- If your eligibility is based on your marriage, in addition to your spouse coming with you to the interview, bring:

1) A certified copy of Marriage Document ...;

2)Your spouse's BC and your spouse's evidence of US Citizenship or LPR status;

3)If either of you were ever married before, all divorce decrees/death cert for each prior marriage/former spouse.

4) Birth certificate for all children, and custody papers for your children and for your spouse's children not living with you;

- Supporting evidence of your relationship...

- Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application...

- If you have ever been arrested bring the related Police Report...

- A certified English translation for each foreign language document. The translator must certify..."

My questions:

Is this list a SOP?

Some of the items listed have been asked and submitted in the AOS packet, I wonder why they are asking again?

I do not have an I-693 as my Medical Exam has not reached the one year mark yet. I submitted (in my AOS packet) a copy of my DS-3025 that stated, "Vaccine history complete for each vaccine, all requirements met (Documented Above)". How will I go about it?

What is a Government issued photo identification?

Many thanks as always for suggestions, input, and experiences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Standard letter. Take a copy of everything you sent just in case they lost something. Take originals for any copies you sent in (like your marriage certificate).

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I have the same question. My interview is scheduled for august 9 and they have asked for a state issued ID, I haven't gotten a drivers license or a state ID yet. What should I do?

Also the letter says this is an initial interview, does that mean I will be having more than one interview or is that what it says for everyone?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have the same question. My interview is scheduled for august 9 and they have asked for a state issued ID, I haven't gotten a drivers license or a state ID yet. What should I do?

Also the letter says this is an initial interview, does that mean I will be having more than one interview or is that what it says for everyone?

If you do not have one, use your passport.

The letter states this everyone. Some people, though it does not seem to be often, are given a second interview. That usually happens when they suspect something 'fishy' about the case.

Take the evidence you do have, and you should be fine.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.