Dragana

I NEED URGEN HELP

33 posts in this topic

If you need passport urgently and HAVE proof of travel (air ticket) you can schedule an appointment at a passport agency and you should be able to get the passport from few hours to 2-3 days.

Info for passport for minors:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html

Regional passport agencies:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_913.html

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

do you think this is fake?

http://www.uspasspor...CFUpj7AodmF_mAQ

I don't know - I only dealt with passport agency. You can go to any US post office - they also accept passport applications there and pay the expedite fee. You should be able to track your passport application - some people got their passports in less than a week.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

I already did that, and the earliest appointment for passport is april 21.They told me there is no way I can get it faster...

Seriously, no post office actually gives you an appointment - you just show up with the paperwork, forms, money and the baby.

Find the post office closest to you: http://www.usps.com/passport/welcome.htm?from=home_wouldyouliketo&page=applyforpassport

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Employers apply for work visa's.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

for a work visa, you first need a job offer. Then your prospective employer must make a case of why you should be hired for that particular position over an American, and in this economy and with these unemployment rates, that is pretty hard to do.. and from what I know, sponsoring a work visa is also pretty expensive for an employer.

F1 visa for studies will also be difficult. For that, you will first need to be accepted to school. Then you need to show you can pay for the school and your living expenses during your study program - this can be anything from $20,000-$50,000 per year, depending on the school,tuition and location of the school. You would also have to prove ties to your home country and show that you plan to return to your home country after your studies are completed - with a USC baby whose father lives here, that will be very very hard to do.

Honestly, I am not sure if you have any other route to the US besides through a marriage to a USC - which you should never do just for immigration purposes. Your child has citizenship because the baby was born here, and because the baby's father is a USC. Unfortunately, that does not give you any legal grounds for getting a permanent residence or any kind of a visa to stay here legally. Also, the longer you stay here illegally and out of status, the more harm you might be doing for any future petitions you could be filing at some point.

B1/B2 visas are not meant for people living half a year in the US and half a year abroad - and now that you have that baby, entering this country on a tourist visa has become very risky. Baby or no baby, you can be turned away at POE and made to return back to your home country if the IO believes you are trying to immigrate.

For the passport issue, there is always a way to expedite those. It will cost you more, and you are cutting it close with the time, but I would just keep looking for ways to expedite that passport for your baby. The only other option I see, which doesn't include you overstaying your visa to wait for the passport, is for you to leave before your I94 expires and for the baby's dad to travel to Serbia with the baby once the passport has been issued.

I know these are not ideal options - but I think they are the only ones you have.

Your child will not be able to petition for you to become an LPR until he/she is 21 years old.

Adjustment of Status from F-1 to Legal Permanent Resident

02/11/2011 Married at Manhattan City Hall

03/03/2011 - Day 0 - AOS -package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

03/04/2011 - Day 1 - AOS -package signed for at USCIS

03/09/2011 - Day 6 - E-mail notification received for all petitions

03/10/2011 - Day 7 - Checks cashed

03/11/2011 - Day 8 - NOA 1 received for all 4 forms

03/21/2011 - Day 18 - Biometrics letter received, biometrics scheduled for 04/14/2011

03/31/2011 - Day 28 - Successful walk-in biometrics done

05/12/2011 - Day 70 - EAD Arrived, issued on 05/02

06/14/2011 - Day 103 - E-mail notice: Interview letter mailed, interview scheduled for July 20th

07/20/2011 - Day 139 - Interview at Federal Plaza USCIS location

07/22/2011 - Day 141 - E-mail approval notice received (Card production)

07/27/2011 - Day 146 - 2nd Card Production Email received

07/28/2011 - Day 147 - Post-Decision Activity Email from USCIS

08/04/2011 - Day 154 - Husband returns home from abroad; Welcome Letter and GC have arrived in the mail

("Resident since" date on the GC is 07/20/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure which state you are at but I had acquaintances in CA (who lost their jobs - was on H visa then changed to B visa and wished to extend) - they approached their local CI office, explained the situation to grant them a max of a year to be able to provide for the baby for the short term and they were approved. However the 1 yr was no longer extended. My understanding is consideration was given because the baby clinically is not advised to be flown if younger than 2 months. As US citizen, the baby is looked after by the state for her/his vaccinations, check ups etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure which state you are at but I had acquaintances in CA (who lost their jobs - was on H visa then changed to B visa and wished to extend) - they approached their local CI office, explained the situation to grant them a max of a year to be able to provide for the baby for the short term and they were approved. However the 1 yr was no longer extended. My understanding is consideration was given because the baby clinically is not advised to be flown if younger than 2 months. As US citizen, the baby is looked after by the state for her/his vaccinations, check ups etc.

In addition, you can marry your PR boyfriend and then adjust your status so you won't have to leave the country. Doing so will not make you a PR but only as his dependent and you will not be allowed to work.

Filed: Timeline

In addition, you can marry your PR boyfriend and then adjust your status so you won't have to leave the country. Doing so will not make you a PR but only as his dependent and you will not be allowed to work.

Is this true?? I thought PR can not petition his spouse to stay in the US as a dependent!

Would you please explain more how this would work?

Is this true?? I thought PR can not petition his spouse to stay in the US as a dependent!

Would you please explain more how this would work?

No, it's not true at all. You would have to wait for priority date to be current, and would be denied if you overstayed waiting until that happened.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.