siasimba

New York City AOS timeline & Interviews

996 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I heard the "security checks" answer for a lot of the couples... Oh we still need to do security check, yeah right!

Were you handed any paper?

If you interview went smoothly (mine was just like yours, few questions and two documents taken), then you should be fine but you never know when you will hear back. Wait until 30 days and if nothing happens, schedule an infopass. But I think you should be fine!

I just got a notification this morning that my case is approved i485 and i-130 as of 6th Jan (which was my interview date) :D

One thing I forgot to mention is that she did tell me she is leaning to approve, and needs to do some security/background check. I was handed a paper that said my application is in review. I wasn't asked to verify any documents as such since she said we already submitted- and she didn't wanted to look at more stuff. We had few questions, our new lease agreement taken and some family pictures taken.

I am glad its done!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I just got a notification this morning that my case is approved i485 and i-130 as of 6th Jan (which was my interview date) :D

One thing I forgot to mention is that she did tell me she is leaning to approve, and needs to do some security/background check. I was handed a paper that said my application is in review. I wasn't asked to verify any documents as such since she said we already submitted- and she didn't wanted to look at more stuff. We had few questions, our new lease agreement taken and some family pictures taken.

I am glad its done!!

Congrats!

After a long wait, I finally received a change in status:

New Card Is Being Produced

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Had our interview last week early in the morning (7:30am) and when we arrived at Federal Plaza in downtown Manhattan, we were the only couple at the waiting room. I thought oh no since we were the only ones there, the officer have all the time to ask as many questions as she wants. I was wrong. The lady interviewed us was very pleasant. She didn't ask a lot of questions. Just the basic, what is your complete name, date of birth, complete address and if we were married before. Asked for our passports and original marriage license. Then she asked me YES or NO questions from the I-485 form that we submitted. Then she look at our paperworks, took some and gave back most of them. She said you brought a lot Hahahaha.

Then she told application will still be under review and if approved, 2 year conditional green card (we are married for 16 months) will be sent and should wait for it in the mail in 6-8 weeks. All in all it was less than 20 minutes.

3 hours later, received and email saying 'New Card Being Produced'.

Adjustment of Status Timeline from J1 Visa

05/13/2015 - Sent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 to USCIS.

05/18/2015 - Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Numbers.

05/25/2015 - Received Biometrics appointment letter

06/10/2015 - Biometrics Appointment done

06/15/2015 - Received RFE letter dated 6/9/15

07/08/2015 - Sent reply to RFE

07/14/2015 - USCIS confirmed receipt of our reply to RFE

07/25/2015 - I-131 AP approved

07/27/2015 - I-765 EAD approved

08/04/2015 - USCIS sent EAD/AP

08/05/2015 - Received EAD/AP approval notice
08/14/2015 - Received EAD/AP card

12/03/2015 - Interview scheduled for January 8, 2016

01/08/2016 - Interview. I-485 AOS approved

01/10/2016 - I-485 and I-130 approval notice mailed

01/12/2016 - 'New Card' was mailed

01/15/2016 - Received Green Card.

My interview is scheduled for 2/16. Very excited!

Silly question, but is there a recommended attire?

7/17/15 Got Married!

7/20/15 Submitted AOS/EAD/AP

7/29/15 Checks cashed for I-131 and I-485

8/01/15 Received notices in mail for I-130, I-765, I-131, and 1-485

8/07/15 Received biometrics appt letter

8/21/15 Successful biometrics appt

9/22/15 EAD/AP approval online

9/28/15 Received EAD/AP approval notice in mail

9/30/15 Received EAD/AP card in mail

1/11/16 Interview scheduled for 2/16/16

2/16/16 Green card approval!!

12/16/17 Mailed I-751

12/19/17 Received NOA1

1/23/18 Biometrics

2/26/2019 Conditions removed

3/5/2019 Received 10 year green card

8/30/2019 Submitted N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Use your best judgment, I guess.

I am going with business casual.

Timeline

Had our interview last week early in the morning (7:30am) and when we arrived at Federal Plaza in downtown Manhattan, we were the only couple at the waiting room. I thought oh no since we were the only ones there, the officer have all the time to ask as many questions as she wants. I was wrong. The lady interviewed us was very pleasant. She didn't ask a lot of questions. Just the basic, what is your complete name, date of birth, complete address and if we were married before. Asked for our passports and original marriage license. Then she asked me YES or NO questions from the I-485 form that we submitted. Then she look at our paperworks, took some and gave back most of them. She said you brought a lot Hahahaha.

Then she told application will still be under review and if approved, 2 year conditional green card (we are married for 16 months) will be sent and should wait for it in the mail in 6-8 weeks. All in all it was less than 20 minutes.

3 hours later, received and email saying 'New Card Being Produced'.

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Congrats! a great sign of all NYC filers are moving forward.

Business casual recommended.

F2A

11/21/13 : I-130 Mailed Out to California Service Center

11/27/13 : Notice of Receipt received in mail

11/26/13 : Priority Date

02/12/14 : I-130 Approved in mail

07/14/15 : AOS Package Mailed Out

07/17/15 : Delivered to Chicago Service Center

08/04/15 : Chicago Service Center Case Received

08/06/15 : Fingerprint Fee Accepted

08/08/15 : 485 & 765 Acceptance E-Notification, Routed to USCIS NBC

08/18/15 : Biometrics appointment letter received

08/25/15 : Biometrics appointment

09/16/15 : Requested EAD Expedite (InfoPass)

09/23/15 : USCIS Response Received by Mail

09/24/15 : Faxed Additional Information for EAD Expedite

09/25/15 : Filed AP

09/30/15 : EAD Approved (E-Notification)

10/07/15 : AP Acceptance E-Notification, Routed to USCIS NBC

10/08/15 : EAD Card in Hand

10/14/15 : AP NOA1 received in mail

10/21/15 : AP Approved (E-Notification)

10/30/15 : AP received in mail

01/22/16 : Interview Scheduled on 02/24/16 (E-Notification)

02/24/16 : Green Card Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I am April Filer. Did my biometric in may. got rfe in end of may. rfe received notice on 17 june. received my ead/ap on July 22. After that no news. :-( i am adjusting from F1 under F2B category in New York (long island) field office.

I sent an enquiry on 3rd Nov 2015 and received reply on 24th November in mail stating that my case is awaiting interview. Your local USCIS Field Office will contact you once they are able to schedule the appointment.

What is taking this long? I did check on USCIS website about processing time for New York (Long Island Field Office). It says March 2015. My filing dat is 10 April 2015. Can I expect to hear soon like within a month?

Thanks.

Edited by jamifahad

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I am glad its done!!

Congrats!

Hi Guys,

Im new to this forums. I Filled for I-130, I-131, I-485 In October.

-PD is October 19,2015.

-Biometrics- November 13,2015 ( Longisland Office )

- Ready for interview- December 7, 2015.

- I-131 - Denied - January 11,2016. - NOT EXACTLY SURE why, But waiting on the letter in the mail.

My question is where is the interview date up too in the long island office. I need a approval for i-485 by April. Im starting Graduate school and they require for me to have a GC by April to complete enrollment for Fall. Second question is their any way to expedite this ( i do have paper-work form school stating they require a GC by April, 2016. )

Thank you

Congrats! a great sign of all NYC filers are moving forward.

Business casual recommended.

Thanks! Did you get your interview date yet?

7/17/15 Got Married!

7/20/15 Submitted AOS/EAD/AP

7/29/15 Checks cashed for I-131 and I-485

8/01/15 Received notices in mail for I-130, I-765, I-131, and 1-485

8/07/15 Received biometrics appt letter

8/21/15 Successful biometrics appt

9/22/15 EAD/AP approval online

9/28/15 Received EAD/AP approval notice in mail

9/30/15 Received EAD/AP card in mail

1/11/16 Interview scheduled for 2/16/16

2/16/16 Green card approval!!

12/16/17 Mailed I-751

12/19/17 Received NOA1

1/23/18 Biometrics

2/26/2019 Conditions removed

3/5/2019 Received 10 year green card

8/30/2019 Submitted N-400

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

We had our interview this morning at 11:45 at Federal Plaza.

We arrived about 30 minutes in advance and were called on time.

The lady who interviewed us was lovely. She swore us in and asked for our passports and wedding certificate. Then she asked a few questions to my husband (petitioner).

- Did you travel with your wife outside of the US?

- When did you marry?

We brought some papers of which she took, the last bank statement and the last ConEd, National Grid and cell bills. My husband had prepared a photo album with many pictures of our relationship from 2009 when we met up to now. She took that album and made a copy of our driving licenses.

She was very smiley and then told us we would receive the green card at our address after the security check is done.

Edited by aminam

Timeline

We had our interview this morning at 11:45 at Federal Plaza.

We arrived about 30 minutes in advance and were called on time.

The lady who interviewed us was lovely. She swore us in and asked for our passports and wedding certificate. Then she asked a few questions to my husband (petitioner).

- Did you travel with your wife outside of the US?

- When did you marry?

We brought some papers of which she took, the last bank statement and the last ConEd, National Grid and cell bills. My husband had prepared a photo album with many pictures of our relationship from 2009 when we met up to now. She took that album and made a copy of our driving licenses.

She was very smiley and then told us we would receive the green card at our address after the security check is done.

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.