Glasswindow

3 weeks and still nothing?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Just my thought:

The member was not asking to be lectured about Mailing and may have made a mistake I see.

Apparently did not get a Confirmation that it was recieved by the USPO. Thus, no tracking.

It takes alot of hard time and work to assemble a petition.

I agree, they should have heard something by now. Even sent to the wrong Box. This member was not looking for someone to say: You did'nt read enough...

I think if the petition was properly done.. The Department of Homeland Security will cash the check. NOA1 Accepted. If not, the petition will be returned so it can be resent.

Don't worry.

I always think people come ask questions on VJ because, first and foremost, they are interested in getting the help they need to have a successful immigration process. When their questions indicate they've failed to carefully study instructions, I like to let them know how critical doing so will be to their eventual success. YMMV, but I've got a lot of immigration mileage from which to draw such a conclusion.

If you fail to study instructions carefully, asking questions won't save you because many times, like this one, you don't know what you didn't know and could have known until it's too late.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I always think people come ask questions on VJ because, first and foremost, they are interested in getting the help they need to have a successful immigration process. When their questions indicate they've failed to carefully study instructions, I like to let them know how critical doing so will be to their eventual success. YMMV, but I've got a lot of immigration mileage from which to draw such a conclusion.

If you fail to study instructions carefully, asking questions won't save you because many times, like this one, you don't know what you didn't know and could have known until it's too late.

I agree Pushbrk with you. But your addressing me and not telling the Original Poster what you think since you are better qualified than me I'm sure to answer the concern for the mistake. SO pushbrk, what is the best answer since you have so many miles on you in this matter. You know you understand this better than me. I agree, the I-129 seems simple to an experienced person as you. But, I admit it was overwhelming to me. So lets assume the OP did it perfectly and then mailed to the wrong address after all that work assembling their package.

With your experience and knowledge would it be safe to assume there is nothing to worry about except maybe a week delay? I don't know.

That was the question the OP was asking. Thanks ..... Your knowledge is sometimes HARD and Straight but appreciated by me.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

I agree Pushbrk with you. But your addressing me and not telling the Original Poster what you think since you are better qualified than me I'm sure to answer the concern for the mistake. SO pushbrk, what is the best answer since you have so many miles on you in this matter. You know you understand this better than me. I agree, the I-129 seems simple to an experienced person as you. But, I admit it was overwhelming to me. So lets assume the OP did it perfectly and then mailed to the wrong address after all that work assembling their package.

With your experience and knowledge would it be safe to assume there is nothing to worry about except maybe a week delay? I don't know.

That was the question the OP was asking. Thanks ..... Your knowledge is sometimes HARD and Straight but appreciated by me.

I already gave the answer as to what will likely happen. The timing is anybody's guess, as per the usual with USCIS.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The OP was wondering why it was taking so long to cash their check. Then the OP offered that maybe it was because they didn't follow the instructions.

All of the "lecturing" being done here is for the OP's visa future and for everyone else that following the instructions IS VERY CRUCIAL.

Failure to do so may cause your petiton or documents to go into the Immigration Black Hole. USCIS is not so streamlined to grasp that a petition has some degree of incorrectness and there is not a system in place that swiftly initiates action.

At this time all the OP can do is wait....and expect the delay between actually receiving a NOA1 or their returned petition to just be added onto the normal timeline.

None of this is rocket science.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I don't know when this change took place, but when I filed I mailed to Vermont with no problems.

Attached is the guide I followed letter for letter and it is still within expiry dates.. til 2/29/2012. Clearly states to mail to Vermont if you reside in one of those states.

I hope that USCIS would honor this guide and accept your mailing to the VSC.

Good Luck!

i-129finstr.pdf

I-129F Fiance Visa

For full details see my "About me"

USCIS

11-22-2010 Received NOA1 01-27-2011 --> NOA2 *APPROVED!!!! (email)

NVC

02-24-2011 Receive Packet 3.5 via email --> 03-18-2011 Packet 3.5 Submitted

04-05-2011 Receive Packet 4

04-08-2011 INTERVIEW *APPROVED!!!!* --> 04-18-2011 Visa in hand

05-04-2011 **POE** JFK, NYC

AOS

05-21-2011 Social Security Card

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

07-11-2011 Filed AOS - 485, EAD, AP

07-13-2011 Received Confirmation email 07-14-2011 check cashed

07-18-2011 NOA1, I-797C received for AOS, EAD, AP

07-22-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

08-15-2011 Biometrics Appointment

09-09-2011 EAD and AP Approval notices via email

09-20-2011 Receive EAD/AP Card in the mail

09-29-2011 Interview! APPROVED!!!!

10-03-2011 Receive Welcome Letter

10-08-2011 Receive Greencard

Timeline

I don't know when this change took place, but when I filed I mailed to Vermont with no problems.

Attached is the guide I followed letter for letter and it is still within expiry dates.. til 2/29/2012. Clearly states to mail to Vermont if you reside in one of those states.

I hope that USCIS would honor this guide and accept your mailing to the VSC.

Good Luck!

You have attached the February, 2010 instructions. The current ones are from November, 2010, but the instructions for mailing were in the USCIS website several months prior to the publication in November. Only if you consider a delay to be a problem will there be any problem.

As you go forward with your process, ignore expiration dates for forms. They don't mean what you think. Always use the most currently "issued" form downloading it directly from the USCIS website. The expiration dates are for internal comment through the OMB, not a date after which the form cannot be used.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The member was not asking to be lectured about Mailing and may have made a mistake I see.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Seems some members here have too much time on their hands! It's a confusing process, and there is a lot of outdated and incorrect information around - even on this site!

I would call and ask how they would handle it if it's sent to the wrong address. I would think it would simply be re-routed ... probably without so much as a single condescending word (sometimes the USCIS is more sensitive than members here)!

Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Seems some members here have too much time on their hands! It's a confusing process, and there is a lot of outdated and incorrect information around - even on this site!

I would call and ask how they would handle it if it's sent to the wrong address. I would think it would simply be re-routed ... probably without so much as a single condescending word (sometimes the USCIS is more sensitive than members here)!

The OP has already been told the petition would be rerouted. Are you really, seriously suggesting the member call the misinformation line? Seriously?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

When did the 1-129F get all sent to Texas . It depends where you are filing from . Did something change ???? I filed in Vermont also . done with that . When did this change ? You should recieve a filing letter within approx 1 month . If you don't recieve a letter than call the Vermont Service Center to see if you have a case # filed on thier records.

Edited by waitingforeever

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

When did the 1-129F get all sent to Texas . It depends where you are filing from . Did something change ???? I filed in Vermont also . done with that . When did this change ? You should recieve a filing letter within approx 1 month . If you don't recieve a letter than call the Vermont Service Center to see if you have a case # filed on their records.

Who told you the Vermont Service Center is Closed? I wasn't aware of that ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.