16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was just wondering, my husband and I sent out our i130 and i485 last friday they recieved it monday morning how long does it usually take to get NOA

Our AOS Journey

March 4, 2011 Mailed 1-130 and AOS at the Chicago Lockbox thru USPS express mail

March 07, 2011, 9:44 am Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

March 25, 2011 NOA hard copy received

April 1, 2011 got an RFE for sponsors tax returns

April 15, 2011 biometrics appointment

May 12, 2011 rfe sent via usps priority mail

May 16, 2011 rfe recieved at lees summit

May 19, 2011 text/email notification rfe being reviewed

May 20,2011 I-485 touched/updated

May 27, 2011 Email/txt EAD Card Production

June 1, 2011 Email/txt notification for AOS Interview

June 3, 2011 Email notification EAD Card was mailed

June 7, 2011 EAD Card Received

July 6, 2011 AOS Interview *APPROVED*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

23/07/10 - Arrived in the U.S.

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

04/11/10 - InfoPass Appointment to request an Expedited AP

05/11/10 - Expedited AP Approved! RFE requested for AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/12/11 - Biometrics taken

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

02/02/11 - AOS moved to CSC

03/07/11 - Greencard Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I was just wondering, my husband and I sent out our i130 and i485 last friday they recieved it monday morning how long does it usually take to get NOA

Are you not checking your notifications? You don't post here. You post here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/130-adjustment-of-status-from-work-student-tourist-visas/ because you are NOT AOSing from a family visa. I am reporting this thread to be moved, like I have all your other threads.

Mrstate,

You are not adjusting status from a family-based visa, you are adjusting from a work-based visa. You need to post your threads in the Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas forum, not in the Adjustment of Status From Family Based Visas. You will receive, and search for, the correct advice in that forum. Please make an attempt to post there and not here. Thank you.

Moving thread from AOS Process (Family-Based) to AOS From Work Visa forum.

iagree.gif

Are you not checking your notifications? You don't post here. You post here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/130-adjustment-of-status-from-work-student-tourist-visas/ because you are NOT AOSing from a family visa. I am reporting this thread to be moved, like I have all your other threads.

Done - moved from AOS from Family...

LMAO ok, Krikit was doing it too :) That confused me!

Edited by SunDrop

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

no worries, I'm not going to sent you to another forum, am not even a moderator here ;)

...seriously, you can expect your NOA1s to be in the mail about 2 weeks after they received it.

From my own personal experience they cashed the checks 12 days after USPS confirmed the delivery and around the same time received the receipt from them in writing.

Once you get them, be aware, that's when the real waiting game starts - as next is the biometrics appointment and is scheduled by your local ASC (application support center) - and there is no rule to that when you will be seen to give your finger prints and will have your photo taken. Also, keep in mind that you can call the national service hotline, but for questions like when will you have the fingerprinting appointment they can't really assist you with that, again as it is a local office procedure and they have no inside look into the availability to the little offices from the national call center.

Hope your AOS journey goes smoothly, good luck!! :)

Maxximus

Edited by Maxximus1074

10/13/2010 - Mailed in The Package (AOS, I-765, I-130)

10/17/2010 - USPS confirms delivery to USCIS

10/25/2010 - Check cashed

10/26/2010 - All applications been worked on aka touched

10/28/2010 - NOA1 Receipts for applications received

11/24/2010 - Received appointment for biometrics in the mail for 12/17 *yay*

12/17/2010 - 9.25 a.m. - 9.45 a.m. Biometrics done !!

12/23/2010 - EAD Approved and Card on its way - Email notification received *yay*

01/03/2011 - WOOOHOOO ...EAD Card in Hand!

01/04/2011 - Oh boy....Received Interview Letter today - February 3rd is the day! :)

02/03/2011 - Interview scheduled 12:45 p.m. - out of there before 1:30 p.m. - further review

Coming home, checking for touches at 5:30 p.m. - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED !!!!

Thank you All on Visajourney for your inputs, experiences and thoughts!!!

02/09/2011 - Yup another e-mail saying that my card production was ordered.

02/10/2011 - E-mail notification "Approval letter was sent today"

02/14/2011 - Welcome Letter / Approval NOA and Card (separate envelope) received!!! :D

Late November 2012 (have to look up my receipts ;) - mailed in ROC I-751

12/12/2012 - NOA 1, status extension received

12/18/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

01/08/2013 - Biometrics done

OK correct me if I am wrong as this is starting to get confusing to me, not trying to be mean but just explaining what I understand, I am posting my threads here because it says "AOS from Family based Visa" and on the bottom it says "Once you are in the US you will need to file for Adjustment of Status (AOS) to become a permanent resident of the USA."

Which is what I am filing for (Spouse filing for AOS)

the other threads says "Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas

This forum is to discuss the process of filing for Adjustment of Status (AOS) from a Work, Student or Tourist Visa. "

I am not adjusting from Work, student or tourist visa, my visa is not even in those category, and the reason I post here because it says AOS from family based visa and if I am understanding it correctly family based visa are US Citizen filing AOS for Husband/Wife, brother, sister, daughter, mother, father here is the linkMy link

So if I am understanding this wrong please kindly explain the difference so I can post it in the right threads next time.

Our AOS Journey

March 4, 2011 Mailed 1-130 and AOS at the Chicago Lockbox thru USPS express mail

no worries, I'm not going to sent you to another forum, am not even a moderator here ;)

...seriously, you can expect your NOA1s to be in the mail about 2 weeks after they received it.

From my own personal experience they cashed the checks 12 days after USPS confirmed the delivery and around the same time received the receipt from them in writing.

Once you get them, be aware, that's when the real waiting game starts - as next is the biometrics appointment and is scheduled by your local ASC (application support center) - and there is no rule to that when you will be seen to give your finger prints and will have your photo taken. Also, keep in mind that you can call the national service hotline, but for questions like when will you have the fingerprinting appointment they can't really assist you with that, again as it is a local office procedure and they have no inside look into the availability to the little offices from the national call center.

Hope your AOS journey goes smoothly, good luck!! :)

Maxximus

thanks for the info that is really nice of you :)

Our AOS Journey

Mrstate,

You are not adjusting status from a family-based visa, you are adjusting from a work-based visa. You need to post your threads in the Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas forum, not in the Adjustment of Status From Family Based Visas. You will receive, and search for, the correct advice in that forum. Please make an attempt to post there and not here. Thank you.

Moving thread from AOS Process (Family-Based) to AOS From Work Visa forum.

Like I reply from the other thread you said I am not adjusting status from a family based visa and you said I am adjusting from a work based visa, I just want to understand it clearly as I may misunderstood it, As from what I understand AOS from a family based visa are US Citizens or LPR petitioning family members like spouse, parents, siblings or childrens

and as for the other thread are people who is applying for AOS from work, student, tourist.

Please explain which category I fall for(USC AOS for spouse) so I wouldn't mistakenly post topic on the wrong thread, thanks :)

Our AOS Journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Like I reply from the other thread you said I am not adjusting status from a family based visa and you said I am adjusting from a work based visa, I just want to understand it clearly as I may misunderstood it, As from what I understand AOS from a family based visa are US Citizens or LPR petitioning family members like spouse, parents, siblings or childrens

and as for the other thread are people who is applying for AOS from work, student, tourist.

Please explain which category I fall for(USC AOS for spouse) so I wouldn't mistakenly post topic on the wrong thread, thanks :)

Okay, basically you need to read the forum title differently than you currently are (and you're not the only one to do this which is why it's been suggested several times to change the name of the AOS (Family) thread).

Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas or Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas are the two AOS forums.

You are doing a family based adjustment (based on your marriage) but you are not adjusting FROM a family visa... which is what the second forum's title states. You entered the US on a work visa and are adjusting your status FROM the work visa (the first forum title)... A family based VISA is someone who entered the US as the spouse or fiance/e (sometimes siblings, parents etc..). I personally have a family based VISA (a K1 fiancee visa), therefore I post in the forum for people adjusting their status FROM said family based VISA.

In both cases the end result is becoming a legal permanent resident. In almost every case the person AOSing from a work/student/visitor visa is married to a USC and doing a family based adjustment, but because they didn't enter on a family visa there are different rules, different forms, different fees and different requirements which is why the two forums are separate.

Does that make sense?

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Okay, basically you need to read the forum title differently than you currently are (and you're not the only one to do this which is why it's been suggested several times to change the name of the AOS (Family) thread).

Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas or Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas are the two AOS forums.

You are doing a family based adjustment (based on your marriage) but you are not adjusting FROM a family visa... which is what the second forum's title states. You entered the US on a work visa and are adjusting your status FROM the work visa (the first forum title)... A family based VISA is someone who entered the US as the spouse or fiance/e (sometimes siblings, parents etc..). I personally have a family based VISA (a K1 fiancee visa), therefore I post in the forum for people adjusting their status FROM said family based VISA.

In both cases the end result is becoming a legal permanent resident. In almost every case the person AOSing from a work/student/visitor visa is married to a USC and doing a family based adjustment, but because they didn't enter on a family visa there are different rules, different forms, different fees and different requirements which is why the two forums are separate.

Does that make sense?

Very nicely said..thorough explanation.

Thats how I understand it too, the reason I post on the other side is because I didnt came with a working visa I came here thru a petition from my parent which is an h4 and people with h4 visa are not allowed to work, this is what it kind of get confusing to me since I am not aos from neither work, tourist or student. but I got married to a usc and im aos thru marriage, so I kind of figured since I came thru a petition of my parent and now aos thru spouse it MIGHT be a family based petition, I would post on this forum if it says aos from work, tourist, student and other non immigrant visa, might be more understandable and suitable with people like me, but its ok maybe this topic would also help others who have the same dillema as me

Our AOS Journey

You have an H-4 visa, which is for the spouse who is here on a work-based visa. If you had a CR-1/IR-1 or a K visa you would have a family-based visa.

Im not a spouse of of h4 and h4 can also be dependent of h1b which is correct from a work visa, I explained on the reply above about my confusion but glad its starting to be more understandable now

Our AOS Journey

Im not a spouse of of h4 and h4 can also be dependent of h1b which is correct from a work visa, I explained on the reply above about my confusion but glad its starting to be more understandable now

Sorry, I should have used the word "dependent" and not "spouse". In any event..... you are adjusting from a work-based visa. Marrying a US citizen does not change the type of visa you are here on.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.