Ugly_American

Case undergoing "additional processes"(?) at NVC

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I phoned the NVC to try to discover the date they might be forwarding the case onto the foreign embassy. The agent on the phone said that my case is undergoing "additional processes" at NVC. I imagine someone here has also been told this before and I'm wondering what type of delay I might expect as a result. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Very fast NOA1-NOA2 processing at USCIS.

However yes this is normal, NVC trips off some name checking "AP" and then sends on to consulate, typically 2-3 weeks at NVC.

Notice #6 on the chart: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

I hope you provided a lot of bonafide relationship evidence in the initial I-129F petition filing, from your signature, from meeting online for first time to petition filing in just over 1.5 month probably will set off some possible red-flags at the embassy in Manila.

Good-Luck

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I phoned the NVC to try to discover the date they might be forwarding the case onto the foreign embassy. The agent on the phone said that my case is undergoing "additional processes" at NVC. I imagine someone here has also been told this before and I'm wondering what type of delay I might expect as a result. Thanks!

My case went also through "additional processing" at the NVC. They even told me that I should give them 3-4 weeks to process my case, but that they couldn't tell me for sure. I freaked out. I started to read the post here in VJ. So, of course, I didn't listen...I called the next day to find out that they already process it and that is was already on its way to the embassy. After reading many posts from VJ, I found out that some case are processed in 2-5 days and others are processed in 3-4 weeks. Although, a few cases last a lot longer than that. I can not tell you the reason why, I simply don't know. I determine that "addtional processing" meant that they are just working on it.

K-1 TIMELINE11/03/2010 Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS VSC
11/15/2010 Received NOA1 in the mail
02/04/2011 Requested expediting of case for military deployment
02/11/2011 Expediting request approved
02/22/2011 Received expediting request approval letter in the mail
02/28/2011 NOA2 Document Received in the mail
02/28/2011 NVC received and case # assigned
03/01/2011 Case sent to Embassy
03/04/2011 Case received at the Embassy
03/09/2011 Embassy sent Packet 3 via mail (we did not wait for it, downloaded forms online)
03/15/2011 Sent Packet 3 to the Embassy
03/18/2011 Embassy received Packet 3 in the mail
03/28/2011 Received Packet 4 from Embassy
04/20/2011 Embassy Interview Date (APPROVED)
04/27/2011 POE JFK, NY
AOS/AE/AP TIMELINE
06/24/2011 Mailed the AOS/EA/AP
07/05/2011 Received NOA1's for the AP/AE/AOS dated 06/27/2011
07/08/2011 Received NOA for biometrics appointment
07/25/2011 Biometrics appointment
08/24/2011 Received AP/AE card in the mail
09/08/2011 AOS interview APPROVED
09/09/2011 Card in production
09/19/2011 Green card on hand!

I-130 TIMELINE - STEPDAUGHTER I-751 TIMELINE-WIFE

04/07/2013 Mailed I-130 petition 06/10/2013 Mailed I-751 petition

04/14/2013 Received NOA1 inthe mail 06/19/2013 Received NOA1 in mail

05/04/2013 Requested expediting due to military deployment %

Timeline

It's very irritating. I have so little patience. I'm not going to let this last 4 weeks and then call my senator. I want to call my senator now, but I'll wait one week, then I'm phoning my Senator and Congressman and the NVC everyday, even if they just tell me the same thing. I'll be on the radar everyday. And I'll make sure each phone call lasts over 10 minutes even if we only speak about what we ate for breakfast.

It's very irritating. I have so little patience. I'm not going to let this last 4 weeks and then call my senator. I want to call my senator now, but I'll wait one week, then I'm phoning my Senator and Congressman and the NVC everyday, even if they just tell me the same thing. I'll be on the radar everyday. And I'll make sure each phone call lasts over 10 minutes even if we only speak about what we ate for breakfast.

Just out of curiosity, why? You already had your petition approved in record time--much more quickly than you could ever have expected. As a poster said above, you just met your fiancee for the first time a few months ago, which potentially is going to raise some suspicions at the consulate. Why start harassing your senator/congressperson/NVC now?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've noticed this a lot lately. I suspect that when the petitioner calls and the case has arrived at NVC and is still at NVC, the agent is instructed to tell the caller that there case is going through additional processing. If the petitioner calls and the case has already been sent out, obviously there is no mention of additional processing.

I called today, after 9 days of waiting for our case to arrive at NVC, and was told the same thing. It's difficult to say how long your case will be held up at NVC, if it is held up at all. But here is a very informative thread on the issue. It seems cases which are subject to AP at NVC are processed much more quickly now than in the past.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/165644-stuck-nvc-for-ap/

Timeline

i'm in love. Honestly, I know I'm blessed with my timeline, but a day apart from her is a day. We all know what it means. As long as there is nothing I can do, then I will wait. When my paperwork was in California I just waited. I knew my actions were useless, but if there is a chance this thing is lodged in a cog and that I can do something to move it, then I will. I've never made a nuicance of myself to the politicians I financially support every year via taxes. So if they can actually do something for me, then I will seek assistance. I expect everyone here would always do the same thing. I understand why they might delay it, if they think we've only known each other for three months, but I included AMPLE evidence of a relationship: money transfers, skpye logs, email correspondences, texts, and even screen captures of her and I chatting on skype.

Is there a chance they would require an updated set of proof of relationship? It's no problem if they do as we are sending 10-30 emails, 20+ texts, and using skype every day, but it does bother me if they would require more evidence as if they want to see it's lasted another month.

If this post bothers people who have seen much longer delays and experienced more frustrations, then forgive me. I'm not usually a lucky guy and have always had to earn things the hard way. I was lucky to meet my fiancee and lucky my case was randomly expedited. It's just how I'm wired. Even if I'm in the rapids, I'll keep paddling. Wouldn't you?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Every case goes through additional AP, background checks, while at NVC. Your case will do the same again at the Embassy.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

By the way, I have absolutely NO sympathy for your situation. You just met your lady, you flew through USCIS, and now you might have to wait an additional week or two? The vast majority of us had to endure 5, 6 even 7 months or more through the agony of waiting for our petitons to be approved. You waited 3 weeks! Please don't contact your representative. Do everyone who DESERVES their attention and assistance a favor and wait it out like you're supposed to. You have not been treated unfairly in this process. Quite the contrary, you have been treated exceptionally well. You should be thankful.

:bonk:

Normal procedure, it will reach the embassy soon. Then you can pay the fee, schedule the appointment and do the medical and interview. Once its in the embassy, I would say in 1-2 months it could all be over and done with, as long as she does not need the sputum test, which could delay it for 2 months. So relax, take a deep breath and just prepare for the USEM stuff! If all goes well, she could be here by May! Most are not so lucky :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

Thanks, Dogspot. You're always very helpful and supportive and you do great service to all of us here. You've replied to other posts of mine in such a great way that I could never be upset with you.

This post has nothing to do with my luck. Some people win the lottery and I don't complain about having to work everyday. My post is about AP at the NVC, not about my timeline.

By the way, I have absolutely NO sympathy for your situation. You just met your lady, you flew through USCIS, and now you might have to wait an additional week or two? The vast majority of us had to endure 5, 6 even 7 months or more through the agony of waiting for our petitons to be approved. You waited 3 weeks! Please don't contact your representative. Do everyone who DESERVES their attention and assistance a favor and wait it out like you're supposed to. You have not been treated unfairly in this process. Quite the contrary, you have been treated exceptionally well. You should be thankful.

:bonk:

I very well agree with you Dogspot! Every one here have their fair share of long wait, frustrations and agony to be approved. So save your prayers for while, and let those ahead of you be granted with results...=) But I do wish you goodluck too ok?

Edited by dragonlover

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I waited 5 months for my NOA2 and I consider myself lucky since people are waiting far longer at VSC. I don't begrudge you for your quick approval thats the way the cookie crumbles, and frankly if mine had come thru so fast I wouldn't have been ready. Even though its awful to be separated my fiance he and I are taking this time to try and work extra to put aside more savings for the move and trying to get things in order.

I do believe the process is kind of broken. Applications that were submitted months after others should not be getting processed first. Its adds unnecessary stress to people in a already stressful situation.

HOWEVER the fact that his application got processed so quickly is not his fault, he didn't ask for it and seemed to be as suprised as everyone else. We shouldn't be jumping all over him.

But Ugly_american you have to understand that alot of people have been going through this process for far longer than you and have not been nearly so fortunate so people get their feathers ruffled.

The whole process is frustrating, its one wait after another. You're very lucky that your first wait was so short and you have to be prepared for more waits and some hiccups along the way. I know it sucks, believe me I have known my fiance for 4 years so we've been apart for a long time.

My advice is don't panic! Give the NVC a little time to get through it, it may not be as long as you think, call them frequently for updates.

If after a little while you're seeing no progress then take some further steps.

You seem like a very reasonable person but this is just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck on your journey!

Edited by Shorah

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Timeline

I hope you provided a lot of bonafide relationship evidence in the initial I-129F petition filing, from your signature, from meeting online for first time to petition filing in just over 1.5 month probably will set off some possible red-flags at the embassy in Manila.

Good-Luck

This is not required for the I-129F. The only thing required is proof you have met in person and your letters of intent to marry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.