Ugly_American

Case undergoing "additional processes"(?) at NVC

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Uglydude,

Don't get me wrong, I hope your AP is fast, your case makes it quickly to the embassy, her interview goes smooth, she breezes through customs and immigration, and the two of you are united and enjoy a happy and healthy life together. But I also think contacting your representative at this time is unwarranted. There are many people out there who need intervention by congressmen and senators and these resources should be reserved for such cases.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This is not required for the I-129F. The only thing required is proof you have met in person and your letters of intent to marry.

Length of relationship prior to filing the petition does factor into the interviewing officer's decision process when considering the bonafides of a relationship, short relationship will get more attention than one that built up over a year or so.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You have got to be kidding me? I met my wife and got married in 2009. 8.5 months at USCIS and now more 3.5 months at the NVC LOL! And just yesterday they approved my Affidavit of Support wooo hooo now I have to wait another few weeks just for the DS-230. Sorry uou are clueless about about waiting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been in the slow line at the supermarket while observing those in other lines breeze past, while thinking "that's where I would have been".

Go ahead and vent. It's fine. I can just create another account, hide my timeline and thereby avoid harassment. But I was hoping despite my luck, that people would be mature. I'm fine with anonymity here. I've been extremely sensitive in my posts. A few more negative remarks and I'll just delete this account and start an anonymous one.

Edited by Ugly_American

Timeline

Good luck, guys. I'll be back in some other form. No hard feelings.

"Dear Captain Ewok,

Please delete my account. I don't want my posts always weighed against my fortunate NAO2 approval. I think one feature that would help would be the ability to hide ones timeline, thereby avoiding unpleasant replies. I've never lacked humbleness about my own situation and have supported a more equitable approval process. I don't feel I'll ever be able to place a post without being harassed in some form or another. I'll generate another account, free of harassment. I don't blame others - we're all in a frustrating situation, but my timeline is a burden on a site where I only now want anonymity.

Please also lock that last thread. I don't want people discussing my case any longer.

Thanks!"

Good luck, guys. I'll be back in some other form. No hard feelings.

"Dear Captain Ewok,

Please delete my account. I don't want my posts always weighed against my fortunate NAO2 approval. I think one feature that would help would be the ability to hide ones timeline, thereby avoiding unpleasant replies. I've never lacked humbleness about my own situation and have supported a more equitable approval process. I don't feel I'll ever be able to place a post without being harassed in some form or another. I'll generate another account, free of harassment. I don't blame others - we're all in a frustrating situation, but my timeline is a burden on a site where I only now want anonymity.

Please also lock that last thread. I don't want people discussing my case any longer.

Thanks!"

Not sure why you felt the need to make this a public issue if you want to delete your account.

I also am not sure how you're surprised by the reaction in this thread. Your NOA2, I believe, was approved in less than a month? And you're complaining about waiting a few weeks at NVC. Meanwhile, this forum is full of people waiting 5-6-7 months for their NOA2. Common sense says a thread like this wouldn't go well.

Timeline

I just want unbiased support. It's not possible with many. I can get it without frustration. Judge me if you like, but I don't need it. I lose nothing by starting an anonymous account. You who blame me for posting this really have no right. I asked a question, then my timeline gets out and the attacks begin. I never asked for sympathy, just answers. I can't get answers with a timeline like that. There are some who were kind and just saw that I wasn't being a jerk. Others, well you can feel good because I won't outrage you anymore. It's a win-win for all. I posted the letter so people would perhaps in the future think twice about attacking someone based on his or her timeline. People are all frustrated here and I don't need to have a target on my back. Human nature is what it is. I accept it. Now we can all move on. Please focus on your own issues. Thanks!

Edited by Ugly_American

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

i'm in love. Honestly, I know I'm blessed with my timeline, but a day apart from her is a day. We all know what it means. As long as there is nothing I can do, then I will wait. When my paperwork was in California I just waited. I knew my actions were useless, but if there is a chance this thing is lodged in a cog and that I can do something to move it, then I will. I've never made a nuicance of myself to the politicians I financially support every year via taxes. So if they can actually do something for me, then I will seek assistance. I expect everyone here would always do the same thing. I understand why they might delay it, if they think we've only known each other for three months, but I included AMPLE evidence of a relationship: money transfers, skpye logs, email correspondences, texts, and even screen captures of her and I chatting on skype.

Is there a chance they would require an updated set of proof of relationship? It's no problem if they do as we are sending 10-30 emails, 20+ texts, and using skype every day, but it does bother me if they would require more evidence as if they want to see it's lasted another month.

If this post bothers people who have seen much longer delays and experienced more frustrations, then forgive me. I'm not usually a lucky guy and have always had to earn things the hard way. I was lucky to meet my fiancee and lucky my case was randomly expedited. It's just how I'm wired. Even if I'm in the rapids, I'll keep paddling. Wouldn't you?

for your proof I see you listed everything but pictures I hope you sent some clear pictures with both of you in it. also I would have left out the money transfers because the relationship is fairly new you should have sent in reciepts of gifts that you bought.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My case went also through "additional processing" at the NVC. They even told me that I should give them 3-4 weeks to process my case, but that they couldn't tell me for sure. I freaked out. I started to read the post here in VJ. So, of course, I didn't listen...I called the next day to find out that they already process it and that is was already on its way to the embassy. After reading many posts from VJ, I found out that some case are processed in 2-5 days and others are processed in 3-4 weeks. Although, a few cases last a lot longer than that. I can not tell you the reason why, I simply don't know. I determine that "addtional processing" meant that they are just working on it.

ditto, they told me that my case had do go through additional processing and it was out the door in 4 days... blah blah blah, that's what they say instead of uhh... we are sort of behind

Timeline

Thanks. yes, nine pages of color photos with locations and dates. no receipts for gifts, but there were many. I've no question my package will breeze thru manila. i just want it out of the US now.

As for my relationship, it's not for anyone to judge. You who have been online dating for 4-5 years, great. You know the person better or feel more in touch or you enjoy an extended online experience. Whatever. I knew instantly when I met her that this was my mate for life. Please don't judge relationships based on time. This is also something i won't have to deal with on my anonymous account.

last post - good luck

Edited by Ugly_American

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks. yes, nine pages of color photos with locations and dates. no receipts for gifts, but there were many. I've no question my package will breeze thru manila. i just want it out of the US now.

As for my relationship, it's not for anyone to judge. You who have been online dating for 4-5 years, great. You know the person better or feel more in touch or you enjoy an extended online experience. Whatever. I knew instantly when I met her that this was my mate for life. Please don't judge relationships based on time. This is also something i won't have to deal with on my anonymous account.

last post - good luck

Oh my God, I can't believe pple can be this mean over some other person's good fortune. How can u berate him for wanting a help that he so clearly has a right to? He has ONLY HIMSELF to look out for and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE ELSE! So, if you are so sad that his journey swifter than yours, and you are so jealous you have nothing to offer him, why don't you just ignore his question, and let thos who rejoice with pple who rejoice help him with advise all they can.

God, this is playgroup bullying in Cyberspace!

Ugly_American, I bet those berating you are really wishing they were you. Happy more speedy jouney bros!!

F2A from my husband, for me and our children.

2005-05-21: Got married to my man.

Priority Date: Dec 26, 2006

2006-12-23: I-130 Sent

2007-01-05: I-130 NOA1

2009-05-21: I-130 Approved

2009-06-04: NVC Case No. generated

2010-01-15: DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

2010-01-17: Choice of Agent sent via e-mail

2010-01-22: Paid I-864 Bill

2010-01-25: I-864 Bill shows PAID

2010-01-28: Received email saying: Choice of agent accepted/IV bill generated.

2010-01-28: Paid IV bill.

2010-02-25: Sent out completed I-864 and DS- 230.

2010-04-08: Case Complete.

2010-05-03: Interview scheduled for June 2nd 2010 as per NVC live operator.

2010-06-02: 221g refusal pending return of requested document.

2010-06-03: Obtained the requested document. E-mailed consulate requesting a new interview date.

2011-01-26: Visas Approved! To be picked up Feb 2nd.

2011-02-01: Got an e-mail stating Visas aint ready for pick-up yet!! Oh God PLSSSSSSS.

2011-02-09: Got a reply to my incenssant e-mails scolding me for writing, and asking me to refrain from writing more letters, and stating officially that am on AP!!!

2011-03-15: Picked up Visas. Oh My God!

2011-03-21: POE, Atlanta Georgia. Find it hard to believe this is truly happening. Thank you God.

NOW IN THE US.

2011-03-28: Received our Social Security Cards in the Mail.

2011-04-08: Received Green Cards.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't think you will have any issues with proof of relationship. I don't think you will have any issues at all from here on out. I don't even think the issue at NVC is an issue at all; Standard procedure.

Oh my God, I can't believe pple can be this mean over some other person's good fortune. How can u berate him for wanting a help that he so clearly has a right to? He has ONLY HIMSELF to look out for and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE ELSE! So, if you are so sad that his journey swifter than yours, and you are so jealous you have nothing to offer him, why don't you just ignore his question, and let thos who rejoice with pple who rejoice help him with advise all they can.

God, this is playgroup bullying in Cyberspace!

Ugly_American, I bet those berating you are really wishing they were you. Happy more speedy jouney bros!!

I was one of the first people to congratulate the OP on their good fortune when they originally posted about their quick NOA2.

I don't agree with anyone judging the OP's relationship based on how long or short it's been.

I simply think to complain about being delayed a couple weeks after only filed a month or so ago is silly, and ungrateful in a process that usually takes much, MUCH longer.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was one of the first people to congratulate the OP on their good fortune when they originally posted about their quick NOA2.

I don't agree with anyone judging the OP's relationship based on how long or short it's been.

I simply think to complain about being delayed a couple weeks after only filed a month or so ago is silly, and ungrateful in a process that usually takes much, MUCH longer.

He has a right to complain. And he also has a right to having the shortest, easiest and painless possible timeline as he desires. That it's a norm that the process takes MUCH, MUCH LONGER, doesn't make it acceptable. Truth is, Ugly_American way should actually be THE WAY.

See my timeline mate, you'ld agree I've paid my dues, and honestly don't begrudge anyone wanting better.

F2A from my husband, for me and our children.

2005-05-21: Got married to my man.

Priority Date: Dec 26, 2006

2006-12-23: I-130 Sent

2007-01-05: I-130 NOA1

2009-05-21: I-130 Approved

2009-06-04: NVC Case No. generated

2010-01-15: DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

2010-01-17: Choice of Agent sent via e-mail

2010-01-22: Paid I-864 Bill

2010-01-25: I-864 Bill shows PAID

2010-01-28: Received email saying: Choice of agent accepted/IV bill generated.

2010-01-28: Paid IV bill.

2010-02-25: Sent out completed I-864 and DS- 230.

2010-04-08: Case Complete.

2010-05-03: Interview scheduled for June 2nd 2010 as per NVC live operator.

2010-06-02: 221g refusal pending return of requested document.

2010-06-03: Obtained the requested document. E-mailed consulate requesting a new interview date.

2011-01-26: Visas Approved! To be picked up Feb 2nd.

2011-02-01: Got an e-mail stating Visas aint ready for pick-up yet!! Oh God PLSSSSSSS.

2011-02-09: Got a reply to my incenssant e-mails scolding me for writing, and asking me to refrain from writing more letters, and stating officially that am on AP!!!

2011-03-15: Picked up Visas. Oh My God!

2011-03-21: POE, Atlanta Georgia. Find it hard to believe this is truly happening. Thank you God.

NOW IN THE US.

2011-03-28: Received our Social Security Cards in the Mail.

2011-04-08: Received Green Cards.

Timeline

It takes few days. I received my NOA2 text msg on 2/14 & hard copy on 2/16. We received packet3 and packet4 on March 2. They set the interview for April 14.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.