one...two...tree

Matt Damon disappointed in Obama: "I no longer hope for audacity"

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

md_horiz.jpg

In an interview airing tonight on Piers Morgan's CNN show, Matt Damon says he is disappointed in President Obama. "I really think he misinterpreted his mandate," the actor says.

Damon, one of the president's most prominent film industry supporters and fundraisers, calls him a "deep thinker" and other complimentary things, but seems disillusioned overall. It is Damon's first public statement of disappointment in Obama since backing him for the presidency in 2008.

"He misinterpreted his mandate," says Damon, appearing on Morgan's CNN show alongside actors Emily Blunt, Anthony Mackie and John Slattery, his costars in the movie "The Adjustment Bureau." "He's doubled down on a lot of things ... In his State of the Union [address] he didn't even say the word 'poverty.' You've got millions of people languishing in it."

In videotaped excerpts from the show provided by CNN, Damon also says he "definitely wanted more" from Obama, and criticizes the president for not having a clear exit strategy in Afghanistan. "I don't think the mission there has been very well articulated," Damon says. "And I think it would help to kind of reframe the way we're thinking about being there, and why we're there."

Damon also says the U.S. government has not meaningfully punished Wall Street for its "shameful" and "dangerous" mismanagement by companies that "don't make anything [and] don't build anything." (Damon narrated "Inside Job," a muckraking documentary about the American financial meltdown that won an Oscar last Sunday.)

http://www.salon.com...Fdamon_on_obama

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The only true morons are the ones that actually bought the #######. True idiots.helpsmilie.gif

the rest of us hope they can change :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!