RandyN

California?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The current instruction form only have the lockbox address and no regional assignment like you have listed. You can't just automatically assume that it has to be the same service center. If that was the case then it would defeat the purpose of sending to the lockbox first. Can you tell me why you have to send your petitions to the lockbox first, when you could have sent it directly to the service center? I have asked a Tier 2 level CSR who confirmed this. So, what other explanation is there for the OP's case. My K-1 was processed through Vermont, but my spousal is through California now while my address remains thesame. They do not want one service center very busy while the other is not. You can confirm this by calling USCIS to speak with a Tier 2 CSR.

K-1 and Spousal are apples and oranges. Certain centers focus on certain types more so than others. IE: TPS visas are almost entirely VSC and next to none at CSC. Furthermore, as per USCIS instruction: "Form I-130 petitions filed with the Chicago Lockbox (I-129Fs are Dallas) will be routed to and adjudicated at the appropriate USCIS Service Center. This routing will be based on the petitioner’s place of residence." Place of residence instructions are different for I-130 than I-129F.

Lock boxes are being used now to free up the service centers from having to process the payments AND adjucate them. Simple as that. It's what the government does and it is more effective that way too. Less work for staff whos main job is to approve/RFE/Deny. It's the government, it's what they do.

Every single K-1 that I have seen filed here on VJ has gone directly to the service center in the area in which that person lives based on the old rules, regardless of what they "say now". People have had their K-1s sent right to Vermont over the past November to Now even though, by the way, it is backlogged 1-2 months. I put Vermont's address on my Intent to marry and cover letter as I knew it would be sent their regardless after it was sent to the Dallas lockbox, guess where mine ended up after Dallas...

Furthermore, Tier 2s are not CSRs, they are ISOs (Immigration Service Officers) and they are not the "end all be all" by what they say. While what they say is more believable and closer to the truth, a lot of what they say is designed to get you off the phone and stop calling as well.

So stop coming here and acting high and mighty because of what a Tier 2 ISO said.

Twocats is more or less correct in what he posted and has been confirmed by the others posting here on where their K-1s were sent and by numerous other members who have filed in the previous months.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

K-1 and Spousal are apples and oranges. Certain centers focus on certain types more so than others. IE: TPS visas are almost entirely VSC and next to none at CSC. Furthermore, as per USCIS instruction: "Form I-130 petitions filed with the Chicago Lockbox (I-129Fs are Dallas) will be routed to and adjudicated at the appropriate USCIS Service Center. This routing will be based on the petitioner’s place of residence." Place of residence instructions are different for I-130 than I-129F.

Lock boxes are being used now to free up the service centers from having to process the payments AND adjucate them. Simple as that. It's what the government does and it is more effective that way too. Less work for staff whos main job is to approve/RFE/Deny. It's the government, it's what they do.

Every single K-1 that I have seen filed here on VJ has gone directly to the service center in the area in which that person lives based on the old rules, regardless of what they "say now". People have had their K-1s sent right to Vermont over the past November to Now even though, by the way, it is backlogged 1-2 months. I put Vermont's address on my Intent to marry and cover letter as I knew it would be sent their regardless after it was sent to the Dallas lockbox, guess where mine ended up after Dallas...

Furthermore, Tier 2s are not CSRs, they are ISOs (Immigration Service Officers) and they are not the "end all be all" by what they say. While what they say is more believable and closer to the truth, a lot of what they say is designed to get you off the phone and stop calling as well.

So stop coming here and acting high and mighty because of what a Tier 2 ISO said.

Twocats is more or less correct in what he posted and has been confirmed by the others posting here on where their K-1s were sent and by numerous other members who have filed in the previous months.

Friend, no one is acting high and mighty. As I don't know you, if I need some information, I can either believe you simply because you sound confident (with no proof) or believe someone else with some direction to the facts. There is no award on here for who is correct, we are all trying to help. If you want me to disregard what I got from the source, you'd have to give me some direction to the facts. The fact that majority of cases still follow that old routing does not mean there are not others that are rerouted in the other direction. I don't wish to split hairs over this issue as it is irrelevant anyways.

Im from New Jersey and wend to CSC

Unfortunately, this thread is about K-1 petitions, not IR/CR-1 petitions.

The two types of petitions are sorted entirely differently.

So it really doesn't apply.

Edited by TwoCats

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got the email telling me that my petition was received (NOA 1). I thought, since I live in Indiana that it would be going to the Vermont Service Center, but the email says it is going to California. Does anyone have any idea why it went west?

Thanks!!

Good for you coz California is faster than Vermont....

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I'm also in Indiana, I read that online mine was going to California and that's what ended up happening. :thumbs:

Edited by Ab44

6/2004: started dating

9/2010: engaged!

11/18/2011: NOA1

4/20/2011: NOA2

7/13/2011: Interview!-Approved!

10/29/2011: Wedding :-D

Good luck on your journey everyone! :-)

age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The current instruction form only have the lockbox address and no regional assignment like you have listed. You can't just automatically assume that it has to be the same service center. If that was the case then it would defeat the purpose of sending to the lockbox first. Can you tell me why you have to send your petitions to the lockbox first, when you could have sent it directly to the service center? I have asked a Tier 2 level CSR who confirmed this. So, what other explanation is there for the OP's case. My K-1 was processed through Vermont, but my spousal is through California now while my address remains thesame. They do not want one service center very busy while the other is not. You can confirm this by calling USCIS to speak with a Tier 2 CSR.

Why you cant send it to the center? because - people who do your case file NEVER SEE THE MONEY. The check/payment is taken out and put in a safe at the lockbox facility. The petition is then repackaged and sent to the correct center.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Got the email telling me that my petition was received (NOA 1). I thought, since I live in Indiana that it would be going to the Vermont Service Center, but the email says it is going to California. Does anyone have any idea why it went west?

Thanks!!

Randy --Thank your lucky stars that your petition is going to CSC rather than VSC . You stand a better chance at CSC for a faster approval .Good luck . :lol:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

I live in Tennessee and, according to other information, based on where I live my application should have been routed to the Texas Service Center, but my NOA1 stated the Chicago Lockbox routed it to the California Service Center also. I am applying for an IR1 for my wife. My NOA1 Date was Feb 24, 2011. So I am assuming, as others have stated, that they are routing them to the least busiest service center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I live in Tennessee and, according to other information, based on where I live my application should have been routed to the Texas Service Center, but my NOA1 stated the Chicago Lockbox routed it to the California Service Center also. I am applying for an IR1 for my wife. My NOA1 Date was Feb 24, 2011. So I am assuming, as others have stated, that they are routing them to the least busiest service center.

This topic is for K-1 visas - see entries above. They might have different procedures for your type of visa... but then again..who knows! Cheers!

Thanks!!

Warning: I do not know much English .. I think my set of words will be clear to all of you

:blush::wacko::whistle:

Center California faster than the case considering Vermont Service Center I know ... so it's a good thing, I think so :thumbs::D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.