melvin%

Hello

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone melvin here. I just wondered how everyone met their gals here. Seems like it would be hard I'm just curious. Have a good evening everyone, I been watching all the to dos going on over in the mideast and it aint a bed of roses is it? Hope everyone's gal is ok over there.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Mine is a dude too and I met him online :dance:

Oct. 19, 2010: Sent I-129F packet

Oct. 25, 2010: NOA1

Nov. 05, 2010: Touched

Mar. 01, 2011: Went to Malaysia to be with my fiancé

Mar. 30, 2011: NOA2!

Apr. 08, 2011: Case left NVC

Apr. 12, 2011: Case received by embassy in KL

Apr. 19, 2011: Received Packet 3

May 04, 2011: Received Packet 4

May 06, 2011: Medical examination

May 26, 2011: Interview

RESULT: Administrative Processing

Jun. 18, 2011: Visa received

POE: June 27 @ San Francisco, CA

Married: July 20, 2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Howdy Juliana nice to meet you. What is a field season, is that like harvesting? I sure did enough of that when I was a boy lol.

Melvin, most of the VJer's here in MENA are women bringing their husbands over :) I met my husband on a Facebook page for a common Moroccan music group we like. And bless his heart, he helped me meet them, as you can see in the photo below :D

Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My gal is a dude. I met him at work during field season 2005. He was technically my superior and ai initially thought he was kind of jerky.

lol

mine is 100% not a gal. Met mine online Oct 2006 in a christian chat room. His dad was in a car accident that night and had swelling on his brain. He had gained alot of weight from it. Next day we prayed for his dad. 9months later we were married in Egypt and his dad attended our wedding in excellent health and back to normal weight!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Well howdy Palm Tree. That is quite a story. I sure am glad he got better. I never been in too bad a car accident, but I fell off a horse once and broke my back. Sure did wonder if I was going to make it through that but I had a good doc. I never forgave that horse though lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Howdy Juliana nice to meet you. What is a field season, is that like harvesting? I sure did enough of that when I was a boy lol.

OMG this is going to be potentially awesome.

Howdy back, Melvin. Field season is the duration of time spent in the "field" or on site of an archeological investigation.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

Howdy Elan it's nice to meet you. Meeting on the internet sure seems like the wave of the future don't it. I'm also lookin to meet my other half on line and I am just figuring out all the paper work while I figure that out too lol.

So you are not yet engaged to someone?

Timeline

Oh I got it wrong then lol. Sounds like you are picking dinosar instead of cotton lol. I didn't know there was a lot of ladies doing that sort of thing but then I have been known to be wrong all sorts of which way. Well did you ever pick any dinosaur bones?

Hi Palm Tree, nope I am not engaged yet but I am still keeping my eyes out. I am just learning everything I can right now.

Timeline

Oh I got it wrong then lol. Sounds like you are picking dinosar instead of cotton lol. I didn't know there was a lot of ladies doing that sort of thing but then I have been known to be wrong all sorts of which way. Well did you ever pick any dinosaur bones?

Hi Palm Tree, nope I am not engaged yet but I am still keeping my eyes out. I am just learning everything I can right now.

So why are you interested in visajourney when its dealing with the immigration process???

Timeline

I also met mine online. I was chatting in a forum putting in my 2 sense in because a lady in my city was having a meltdown and a few of us were trying to help her see reason. My man enjoyed my responses and agreed with me even though some of the other people did not. :star: From there we sent emails daily. We found out that we had a lot on common from education to a love for history, similar morals and values and we both love to travel. 5 months later, a relative (who lives abroad) treated me to a bday gift of a mini-vacation to Turkey and I boldly asked him to come and be my translator. LOL. Honestly, I am thrilled we met in person. He was everything I thought he was and more.

My advice, if you want to meet gals online. Go to forums with people who have common interests. This is not an easy process and it weeds out the immature and the "not ready" ones. And its pricey. Know what you are getting into. Traveling to meet her will not be cheap, no matter where you go. Its a lot of emotional, mental, spiritual and physical dedication. But worth it if you meet that "one in a million".

Good luck to you

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." ~ Charlotte Brönte

K1 Visa

2010-06-02: I-129F sent

2010-06-07: NOA1

2010-06-29: NOA2

2010-12-07: Interview Date Interview Result: Administrative Process

2011-02-14: Administrative Process ended. Happy Valentine's Day! hearts.gif

2011-02-22: Approved at Embassy

2011-02-25: Received K1 Visa!!!

2011-03-31: POE Miami, Florida USA!!! 35D.gif

2011-04-22: Wedding Day! Happy Earth Day!!

AOS

2011-05-20: Filed For AOS

2011-05-31: NOA1 for EAD & I-485, and Biometrics Appointment Letter

2011-06-16: RFE

2011-06-21: Biometrics for I-485 & EAD

2011-06-30: Transferred to CSC

2011-07-28: Received EAD card in mail!

2011-09-14: AOS Interview = APPROVED! BOOYAH!

2011-09-23: Greencard received! Blessed Autumn Equinox!

thenwestartedkissing.jpg

99gcic0s7e.png

Timeline

but i have to ask because I am curious, any particular reason you want a foreign gal? You seem to be seeking one. I personally did not expect to meet mine from a foreign country. I wasn't even looking for a relationship!

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." ~ Charlotte Brönte

K1 Visa

2010-06-02: I-129F sent

2010-06-07: NOA1

2010-06-29: NOA2

2010-12-07: Interview Date Interview Result: Administrative Process

2011-02-14: Administrative Process ended. Happy Valentine's Day! hearts.gif

2011-02-22: Approved at Embassy

2011-02-25: Received K1 Visa!!!

2011-03-31: POE Miami, Florida USA!!! 35D.gif

2011-04-22: Wedding Day! Happy Earth Day!!

AOS

2011-05-20: Filed For AOS

2011-05-31: NOA1 for EAD & I-485, and Biometrics Appointment Letter

2011-06-16: RFE

2011-06-21: Biometrics for I-485 & EAD

2011-06-30: Transferred to CSC

2011-07-28: Received EAD card in mail!

2011-09-14: AOS Interview = APPROVED! BOOYAH!

2011-09-23: Greencard received! Blessed Autumn Equinox!

thenwestartedkissing.jpg

99gcic0s7e.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nope, dinosaurs=Paleontology=Geology. Bioarcheology=human remains in Archaeology=Anthropology. So I have a lot of human experience and zero dinosaur experience. Cotton though is facinating. I was considering growing green this year as I got the seeds. I bet that boll is pretty.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.