Hello

39 posts in this topic

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I dislike putting poisons out in the environment so I prefer to try organic strategies when at all possible.

I have used the boiling water method with great success. Just boil some water in a large tea kettle or pot, walk it out to the mound and slowly pour it directly into the center and surrounding area (usually about 1 to 1-and-a-half feet in diameter.) Might take 2 kettles, depending on size. You have to kill the queen to eliminate the nest. Try to collapse most of the mound with the water.

And you need to treat all the mounds on the same day - if you leave even one, they will re-infest your yard. I like to do it on a sunny Saturday morning, then check the next day to see if there's any activity - if so, just hit 'em with another dose of boiling water.

Be careful not to treat any regular non-fire ant mounts - they are beneficial in keeping down the fire ant population.

Hai Julianna!

I second WOM's suggestions of no poisons. You're also killing all your beneficials at the same time.

Hi!! How are things? How's your garden? We moved to a northern exposure apartment in Jonesboro-- ugh. He may want to move again though and if so, I am going to try to request more sun! I want tomatoes at the very least if I can't have a yard. If we stay here I'm totally going to get Camelia sinensis.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you much for your advice alibekh. Well it would be nice to have a lady who is pretty and does the dishes and picks up my socks. I think I did pretty good my first time around so I hope my horse sense this time around will be as good.

Troll troll and troll... gnomeo and juliet level

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I dislike putting poisons out in the environment so I prefer to try organic strategies when at all possible.

I have used the boiling water method with great success. Just boil some water in a large tea kettle or pot, walk it out to the mound and slowly pour it directly into the center and surrounding area (usually about 1 to 1-and-a-half feet in diameter.) Might take 2 kettles, depending on size. You have to kill the queen to eliminate the nest. Try to collapse most of the mound with the water.

And you need to treat all the mounds on the same day - if you leave even one, they will re-infest your yard. I like to do it on a sunny Saturday morning, then check the next day to see if there's any activity - if so, just hit 'em with another dose of boiling water.

Be careful not to treat any regular non-fire ant mounts - they are beneficial in keeping down the fire ant population.

Hai Julianna!

WOM, sounds like a great idea. I've checked all the mounds and they are fire ants for sure. There is about 2 massive size mounds though. I've never used boiling water though and I will definitely try it, do you think it would work for massive size mounds. I'll probably take pictures of the mound size also this weekend bcz I've never seen a mound the size of this one. I did use the ant poison and then poured just faucet water on them a few weeks ago. The next day I saw many dead fire ants on top of the mounds. I've also tried bleach on top of the mounds but that did nothing for some reason. Will boiling water work more effectively?

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you much for your advice alibekh. Well it would be nice to have a lady who is pretty and does the dishes and picks up my socks. I think I did pretty good my first time around so I hope my horse sense this time around will be as good.

If you get lucky you will find a girl that wants to be treated like a queen and want you to cook and clean for her and pick up her laundry off the floor and wash and fold them, plus work hard outside the home and give her spending money for her pleasure of shopping. Sounds like a fair thing to do!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Alrighty then, very sorry to have intruded. Best to all of ya.

Nah, if you're doing research for real don't let this discourage you :) I know for my part, I was enjoying the topic. Finding a spouse from MENA can be (in my opinion based on my limited cultural experiences) possibly more difficult than a woman looking for a man/finding a man. For those who are looking straight for foreign marriage, then FSU is good, PI is good... they have companies with more of a business set up around these things. They are also high fraud, but that's sort of the trade-off.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.