cardinal

How much is too much?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Hi,

As I have been perusing the postings here, it seems that there is some difference of agreement re frontloading - or probably more accurately, that it differs by consulate. I've also seen folks say that too much can hurt your petition.

I have read the reviews of the Paris consulate and it doesn't seem too bad, but am wondering whether the fact that my fiancé is from West Africa (in France on a student visa) makes a difference. Does that raise the suspicion of fraud? Should I submit more evidence of a relationship with the petition? I don't think we have any red flags - both never married, no kids, he is a yr older, we met 18 months ago and lived in the same city (and saw each other almost daily) for 9 months and have seen each other several times since, we communicate easily in french (I am fluent - dad is originally french), we both have graduate degrees and are researchers (in different fields), he's never been to or applied for a visa to the US, I have never petitioned for a visa for anyone before. I have not met his immediate family as they are in Ivory Coast and there has been a state dept travel warning there for several years.

This is what I have - am wondering how much to submit:

1. Photocopies of passport showing entry and exit stamps

2. Itineraries with photocopied boarding passes (was able to find about 75%)

3. Letter from my university stating the dates when I lived in Ouaga doing work for them

4. Receipts from my stay in Ouaga (was able to get these back from the university!)

5. Photos of us - 8, taken on 5 different trips over a 14 month period

6. Screen captures of an gmail folder of our emails (over 200, showing sender, subject line, date, and beginning of message for each email)

7. Screen captures of skype chats

8. Letter from my parents, letter from my boss, letter from his uncle saying that this is a real relationship (and that they approve :)

My answer to question 18 on the I-129f is also almost a page long. And of course we have the letter of intent to get married. Too much? Not enough? I am going to go crazy putting this thing together!!

thanks so much. This forum is what is making it possible for us to do this without an attorney!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Why is question 18 complicated? Keep it simple and to the point, they do not want a biography, if they did then they would provide a much bigger space.

Ours was Met online Date, started emailing and chatting Date, decided to meet in person date, met in person date, engaged date..

The rest looks fine..

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hi There,

All I can offer is what Ann and I submitted along with the I-129F. It was probably overkill, but since we tabbed everything and included a comprehensive index it was likely not overwhelming for the individual charged with reviewing it (we must have done something right ... we received our NOA2 on January 31, 2011; Ann is currently completing her medical at St. Luke's in Manila, and her appointment at the embassy is March 22nd). We submitted in addition to the cover sheet and a request for electronic notification:

- Payment in the form of a personal check in the amount of $455.00.

- Form I-129F

- Form I-129F Continuation Sheet: Questions 18 and 19

- Form G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)

- Form G-325A and passport style photo (Fiancée)

- Birth Certificate (Petitioner)

- Final Annulment Decree (Fiancée)

- Proof of Intent to Marry, including Letters of Intent, Engagement Ring and Gift Receipts, (Petitioner and Fiancée)

- Proof of having met in person (complete passport copy, documents and photos from trips, documentation of planned trip)

- Proof of ongoing relationship (sample e-mail communications, e-card records, greeting card copies, phone records, evidence of financial support)

Again, may have been overkill but my fiancee is now armed with this package as well as a secondary package of evidence covering the period between the submission of the I-129F and about February 12th, including receipts of goods for our eventual wedding (wedding rings, wedding dress, etc.). Take care and good luck with your petition!

Joe

Timeline

Thanks! This is very helpful.

Our question 18 is a bit complicated because it wasn't just me going back and forth on trips; we have both moved countries throughout our relationship. I actually lived in BF during 2 separate periods, which also included some short trips to neighboring countries for work. In the middle of my second stay, he moved to France for grad school and since then I have visited him 3 times in Paris, the first time while I was still resident in BF, the second two times from the US. I'm submitting copies of my entire passport plus itineraries and I just want to make sure that there are no questions as to why there are so many entry and exit stamps or why some of my itineraries are US-Ouaga, some Ouaga-Paris, and some US-Paris. I forgot to say that we will also include photocopies of his passport to show when he moved to Paris. Also I am in international health and travel A LOT so I have lots of visas and lots of passport stamps - just want to make sure the dates and evidence for the relevant visits are clear amidst all that!!

I don't think they care about all your other travels, etc.

Just keep it to the point!

I lived in Europe for three years and managed to go through a full passport and nearly all the extension pages - but no one said anything. I just marked those that were relevant to our trips to see my family in the States, our trips together, etc.

Keep it simple - as someone else just said - they don't want your life story.

Our letter was just under a page - I detailed how we met, my visits to the UK, and my move to the UK on my own merits..

Our question 18 is a bit complicated because it wasn't just me going back and forth on trips; we have both moved countries throughout our relationship. I actually lived in BF during 2 separate periods, which also included some short trips to neighboring countries for work. In the middle of my second stay, he moved to France for grad school and since then I have visited him 3 times in Paris, the first time while I was still resident in BF, the second two times from the US. I'm submitting copies of my entire passport plus itineraries and I just want to make sure that there are no questions as to why there are so many entry and exit stamps or why some of my itineraries are US-Ouaga, some Ouaga-Paris, and some US-Paris. I forgot to say that we will also include photocopies of his passport to show when he moved to Paris. Also I am in international health and travel A LOT so I have lots of visas and lots of passport stamps - just want to make sure the dates and evidence for the relevant visits are clear amidst all that!!

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The question isn't complicated. You're just complicating your answer. You were somewhere together beginning on one date and ending on another. It doesn't ask for a biographical account of the evolution of your relationship. It asks how and, where and when you met. You SHOULD be able to condense the actually relevant information into the space provided, yes, really.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Choose one meeting date that you have primary evidence for and state that in two sentences.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I wrote a page. The book that I used as a reference (http://www.amazon.com/Fiance-Marriage-Visas-Couples-Immigration/dp/1413308902/ref=tmm_pap_title_0) encourages doing so. I hope the book was right! (I cross-referenced the info in the book with the USCIS website)I don't see any harm in being specific?

12/30/10 - Engaged

02/09/11 - I-129F mailed

02/17/11 - NOA1

05/18/11 - NOA2

05/??/11 - NVC received petition

06/03/11 - NVC forwarded petition to Ciudad Juarez Consulate

06/??/11 - Consulate received petition

06/14/11 - Consulate sent out packet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi, fee of $455? I just turned in my I-129F and I only sent in a check of $340. Did I make a mistake? I got my NOA1 on Feb 14th, 2011.

- Payment in the form of a personal check in the amount of $455.00.

10FEB11: FedEx I129F Packet to Lewisville, TX

14FEB11: NOA1 "Received Date"

18FEB11: Touched

17JUN11: NOA2 hard copy

19JUL11: NVC Received

21JUL11: Embassy Received

25JUL11: Packet 3 Sent from Embassy

03AUG11: Emailed packet 3 to Embassy

07SEP11: Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good call; I didn't notice that. I also paid only $340. The fee went down (recently?)

Hi, fee of $455? I just turned in my I-129F and I only sent in a check of $340. Did I make a mistake? I got my NOA1 on Feb 14th, 2011.

12/30/10 - Engaged

02/09/11 - I-129F mailed

02/17/11 - NOA1

05/18/11 - NOA2

05/??/11 - NVC received petition

06/03/11 - NVC forwarded petition to Ciudad Juarez Consulate

06/??/11 - Consulate received petition

06/14/11 - Consulate sent out packet

Timeline

Okay, so based on everyone's advice I have streamlined it to describe circumstances of meeting and dates and places of visits/co-residence. Forgive me if I am a little nervous. I KNOW we will get additional scrutiny because he is from Burkina. I understand why - I lived in BF and lost count of the number of guys who walked up to me with their phone number and told me they would be willing to marry an American :wacko: WE know that our relationship is true and valid, just trying to see things from the POV of the consulate to forestall problems...Paris is also not the most tolerant place for African immigrants, even students there legally (I'm half french so I feel I can say this! :P ) - hoping it does not extend to the consulate!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.