bosanac

K-1 VISA approved

28 posts in this topic

Wonderful news............That is awesome.

Congratulations!!!

:dance:

Wonderful.......Enjoy!!

K-1 Process

We got Engaged: 2011-01-28

I-129F Sent: 2011-02-07

I-129F NOA1 Received: 2011-02-10

NOA1 hard copy received: 2011-02-14

Expedite Request Faxed: 2011-02-23

Faxed Travel Orders: 2011-02-28

Expediting request approved: 2011-03-17

Received expediting request approval letter in the mail: 2011-03-28

Received email of NOA2 approved: 2011-03-28

Received text of NOA2 approved: 2011-03-28

NOA2 Document Received in the mail: 2011-03-31

NVC received and case # assigned: 2011-04-03

Case sent to Santo Domingo Embassy: 2011-04-03

Case received at the Embassy: 2011-04-19

Embassy packed 3 received: 2011-04-30

Embassy Interview Date: 2011-07-14 (Approved) - Thank God!

K1 Visa Picked up by Fiance at DOMEX: 2011-07-22

POE in the US JFK !!!: 2011-07-24

Married at St. Petes Beach, Floriday 2011-08-08

My Husbands Birthday : 2011-08-14

SSN-Number received: 2011-08-25

AOS

AOS sent overnight I-765, I-485: 2011-09-22

Biometrics appointment in ATL: 2011-11-01

Went early for Biometrics appointment in ATL: 2011-10-17

Authorization Work Received: 2011-XX-XX

Form I-131 USCIS Travel Document: 2011-XX-XX

GreenCard Received: 2011-XX-XX

event.png

Filed: Timeline

oh so happy for you,in my case i wish have the luck

my visa was denied :crying: we have to apeal,i just hope they aproved is not fair what they did,i really dont understad Usa imigrations some couples are not real,and they dont even realise,in my case we are inlove and almost 3 years together

next week we will see the lawyer

once again felicitaciones

Edited by Nazareth

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

congratulations,when you come to the us you have 90 days to marry,when married and you use hislast name on the marriage certificate,when you go to the social security office file the form for your new married name,when your ss card comes in your married name get a joint banking account,some states won't give you a driver license until you show a permnanent resident card, and bills with your address,so file the adjustment of status soon as you can, and use your new name on all the forms, so when you get your green card it will come with your new married name.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that today my fiancé has called me and she was approved for visa finally. Interview went well and tomorrow she will go back to pick up her passport with VISA in it. Ohh yeah... :yes:

It was a long journey, no questions about that, but patience has paid off. I wish all members good luck in their journey.

I wanted to say thanks to this forum and to all member that take their time in helping others and giving good advice. Very much appreciated all. THANK YOU....

I am sooooooo happy and glad that this is done. She will be here within a month and can't be more happy about it… OMG…. It's a great day for us today.

I have not really looked at next step moving forward once she arrives here, but as far as I know now we have to get married, apply for social security card and adjustment of status. Am I missing anything???

Can someone please be kind enough and to point me in a right direction of steps to take once she arrives here. Sorry I am beyond happy and I can barely type and at work ... :lol:

Thanks.

Congratulations to you guys we are so happy for you :D After one month I will have my interview hope everything will be good.

M&S forever

Congrats! That's awesome! :yes: I have my interview in Frankfurt on Monday and I'm getting really excited :girlwerewolf2xn:

Because love has no borders...

congratulations,when you come to the us you have 90 days to marry,when married and you use hislast name on the marriage certificate,when you go to the social security office file the form for your new married name,when your ss card comes in your married name get a joint banking account,some states won't give you a driver license until you show a permnanent resident card, and bills with your address,so file the adjustment of status soon as you can, and use your new name on all the forms, so when you get your green card it will come with your new married name.

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know that today my fiancé has called me and she was approved for visa finally. Interview went well and tomorrow she will go back to pick up her passport with VISA in it. Ohh yeah... :yes:

It was a long journey, no questions about that, but patience has paid off. I wish all members good luck in their journey.

I wanted to say thanks to this forum and to all member that take their time in helping others and giving good advice. Very much appreciated all. THANK YOU....

I am sooooooo happy and glad that this is done. She will be here within a month and can't be more happy about it… OMG…. It's a great day for us today.

I have not really looked at next step moving forward once she arrives here, but as far as I know now we have to get married, apply for social security card and adjustment of status. Am I missing anything???

Can someone please be kind enough and to point me in a right direction of steps to take once she arrives here. Sorry I am beyond happy and I can barely type and at work ... :lol:

Thanks.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Every time I read news about visa approvals I get a glimpse of hope that our moment is here. I live vicariously through other VJ members. Please give your soon to be wife a warm welcome to our great nation! May health, love and prosperity be always with you.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Every time I read news about visa approvals I get a glimpse of hope that our moment is here. I live vicariously through other VJ members. Please give your soon to be wife a warm welcome to our great nation! May health, love and prosperity be always with you.

I wish you the best in your journey as well. Appreciated warm regards for sure.

Take care... :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:thumbs: CONGRATS!!!!!!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

CHEERS!!!! :dance:

October 28, 2010 Mailed I-129F

November 1, 2010 NOA1

February 11, 2011 Touched!

February 18, 2011 Touched again!

March 14, 2011 Touched yet again!

March 28, 2011 NOA2 :) 147 days email & text

April 01, 2011 NOA2 harcopy received

April 04, 2011 package received @ NVC (got NVC case number)

April 06, 2011 Package sent to US Consulate in Vancouver, BC

April 08, 2011 Package received at US Consulate in Vancouver, BC

April 15, 2011 received Package 3 via email

April 15, 2011 Returned Package 3 checklist, DS230, and 156K

April 18, 2011 Interview scheduled for May 5th, 2011

May 04, 2011 Medical @ Woking Clinic: passed

May 05, 2011 Interview @ US Consulate Vancouver: Approved!!

May 12, 2011 Visa received!

May 14, 2011 POE Calgary, then HOME to St. Louis!

May 19, 2011 Now Mr. and Mrs! :)

May 24, 2011 Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox

May 25, 2011 AOS rec'd per FEDEX

June 3, 2011 AOS rec'd per USCIS text, I-797 to follow

June 8, 2011 AOS & EAD NOA1 Rec'd hardcopy

June 9, 2011 Biometrics appointment ltr for 6/22 rec'd

June 22, 2011 Biometrics completed

July 22, 2011 AOS Transferred to CSC

July 28, 2011 EAD Approved

Sept. 20, 2011 RFE for medical

Oct. 4, 2011 Mailed RFE back USPS Priority Mail

Oct. 6, 2011 RFE received by USCIS

Oct. 24, 2011 Received "approved" update on USCIS Website :)

Oct. 28, 2011 Received "welcome letter" and "Green Card" on the same day!

One year exactly from filing I-129F to Green Card!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Congratulations! You should plan your wedding!!! Find out what you will need to do to get a marriage license where you live, get married and file for Adjustment of Status, with Advance Parole and Employment Authorization Documents (the first is to become perm. resident and get green card, the second is to travel while you wait for that and the third is to work while you wait for that) as soon as possible! We got married 3 days after arriving in US (my state has 3-day waiting period on marriage license) and put AOS in mail in the same week, and we are so happy we did.. anything that saves you more waiting, right?

We had to wait more than two weeks to get the SS#, I guess it took a while for him to get in the system, and longer for bank accounts and driver's license and such.. don't worry about that so much but file AOS right away! That's what you will be waiting on the most. Your fiance can legally drive and identify themselves with license from their country, and they can share your bank account for a few weeks.

Good luck!

12-04-09 mailed I-129F

12-07-09 I-129F arrived in Vermont

12-08-09 NOA1

12-10-09 check cashed

04-05-10 NOA2 (no touches until approval!)

04-19-10 received at NVC

04-21-10 NVC sent to embassy

04-24-10 arrived at embassy

05-17-10 received packet 3

05-18-10 delivered packet to embassy

embassy asks us for ridiculous things before giving interview date, such as a photocopy of the sealed envelope from the medical exam...

07-27-10 interview

08-05-10 received visa!!!!!

08-06-10 left Argentina

08-07-10 POE (Dallas)

08-12-10 civil marriage ceremony

08-23-10 mailed AOS packet with EAD and AP applications together

08-25-10 packet arrived in Chicago

09-01-10 NOAs

09-02-10 check cashed

09-21-10 received SS number :) had to go into office twice but it worked!

09-23-10 requested EAD expedite

09-24-10 received biometrics letter

09-27-10 successful walk-in biometrics taken

10-01-10 receive EAD expedite request RFE letter

10-04-10 US Representative's office forwards our EAD expedite evidence

10-06-10 expedite for EAD granted, EAD and AP both issued :D

10-09-10 wedding (party!)

01-04-11 AOS interview (rescheduled because we moved, was 12-16-10) Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.