웃

God was very busy in our galaxy: An astronomical 50 billion planets estimated in our galaxy and hand crafted by GOD (He must have big hands)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Cosmic census finds crowd of planets in our galaxy

WASHINGTON — Scientists have estimated the first cosmic census of planets in our galaxy and the numbers are astronomical: at least 50 billion planets in the Milky Way.

At least 500 million of those planets are in the not-too-hot, not-too-cold zone where life could exist. The numbers were extrapolated from the early results of NASA's planet-hunting Kepler telescope.

Kepler science chief William Borucki says scientists took the number of planets they found in the first year of searching a small part of the night sky and then made an estimate on how likely stars are to have planets. Kepler spots planets as they pass between Earth and the star it orbits.

So far Kepler has found 1,235 candidate planets, with 54 in the Goldilocks zone, where life could possibly exist. Kepler's main mission is not to examine individual worlds, but give astronomers a sense of how many planets, especially potentially habitable ones, there are likely to be in our galaxy. They would use the one-four-hundredth of the night sky that Kepler is looking at and extrapolate from there.

Borucki and colleagues figured one of two stars has planets and one of 200 stars has planets in the habitable zone, announcing these ratios Saturday at the American Association for the Advancement of Science annual conference in Washington. And that's a minimum because these stars can have more than one planet and Kepler has yet to get a long enough glimpse to see planets that are further out from the star, like Earth, Borucki said.

For example, if Kepler were 1,000 light years from Earth and looking at our sun and noticed Venus passing by, there's only a one-in-eight chance that Earth would also be seen, astronomers said.

To get the estimate for the total number of planets, scientists then took the frequency observed already and applied it to the number of stars in the Milky Way.

For many years scientists figured there were 100 billion stars in the Milky Way, but last year a Yale scientist figured the number was closer to 300 billion stars.

Either way it shows that Carl Sagan was right when he talked of billions and billions of worlds, said retired NASA astronomer Steve Maran, who praised the research but wasn't part of it.

And that's just our galaxy. Scientists figure there are 100 billion galaxies.

Borucki said the new calculations lead to worlds of questions about life elsewhere in the cosmos. "The next question is why haven't they visited us?"

And the answer? "I don't know," Borucki said.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20110219/US.SCI.Cosmic.Census/

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

YEah, he does have big hands..... complete with a scar in each one.

:thumbs:

And He took that few hours of pain all for YOU! Such a grand sacrifice.

..But since He is a God did He really feel any pain? Or did He have His pain sensors disabled?

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Timeline

And He took that few hours of pain all for YOU! Such a grand sacrifice.

..But since He is a God did He really feel any pain? Or did He have His pain sensors disabled?

the christian story goes...his son took several days of pain before dying for all of us.

you still have no proof that 90+% of the world that believes in a higher power of some sort are wrong do you? just the same old show ME bs. as if you matter.

proof just for YOU. your life sucks & always has because god hates you. try not being a douche bag & respecting other beliefs, whether or not you agree with them. just show some respect, and maybe things will improve for you.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is a good question, LI, and one that certainly should be asked...+1

The theological answer is 'Yes' pain could be felt by Jesus. How? The incarnation offers that God and the human man, Jesus, existed in a state of hypostatic union (a seeming duality of both God and Man, yet in reality existing in a state of non-duality [no separation between the fleshy Jesus the man and the Spirit of God which infused his every thought/action]). If Jesus had not felt pain on the cross then his efforts would have been only a demonstration of his Diety, and not his human nature. Thus, there would be no salvation. In fact, this is what makes Jesus the Christ-Man, unique, in world religions. He is the only one to have claimed to be one with the Father (again, hypostatic union).

Brother LI, this is tough stuff to understand. So, bear with me when I try to answer. I'm not known for being the most 'eloquently spoken' Bishop, after all.... :no:

And, BTW, I've been getting a kick out of your youtube siggies. Those last 2 with the Indian song translations were pretty funny :blush:

Blessings - BishopM

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Timeline

the christian story goes...his son took several days of pain before dying for all of us.

you still have no proof that 90+% of the world that believes in a higher power of some sort are wrong do you? just the same old show ME bs. as if you matter.

proof just for YOU. your life sucks & always has because god hates you. try not being a douche bag & respecting other beliefs, whether or not you agree with them. just show some respect, and maybe things will improve for you.

I've found that say these outlandish remarks as if you know about my life is really just saying what is true about your life (see bold). My guess is you are all these rude things you said about me.

Try not to get so upset there buddy.

Edited by Lord Infamous

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

This is a good question, LI, and one that certainly should be asked...+1

The theological answer is 'Yes' pain could be felt by Jesus. How? The incarnation offers that God and the human man, Jesus, existed in a state of hypostatic union (a seeming duality of both God and Man, yet in reality existing in a state of non-duality [no separation between the fleshy Jesus the man and the Spirit of God which infused his every thought/action]). If Jesus had not felt pain on the cross then his efforts would have been only a demonstration of his Diety, and not his human nature. Thus, there would be no salvation. In fact, this is what makes Jesus the Christ-Man, unique, in world religions. He is the only one to have claimed to be one with the Father (again, hypostatic union).

Brother LI, this is tough stuff to understand. So, bear with me when I try to answer. I'm not known for being the most 'eloquently spoken' Bishop, after all.... :no:

And, BTW, I've been getting a kick out of your youtube siggies. Those last 2 with the Indian song translations were pretty funny :blush:

Blessings - BishopM

You have always been the nicest person in your responses in regards to religion. That is a truly remarkable trait. SMOKE on the other hand, is very rude. mad.gif

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

I've found that say these outlandish remarks as if they know about my life is really just saying what is true about your life (see bold). My guess is you are all these rude things you said about me.

your life does suck because i say so. you need to prove to ME it doesn't. you spend countless hours a day on the internet trashing anyone w/ any religious beliefs. demanding proof be prestented to you...sorry you don't matter.

i'm not upset. sometimes you just have to try to get the slow dogs attention & try to get him to quit his tail.

SMOKE on the other hand, is very rude. mad.gif

SMOKE treats people like they treat others.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

Smoke seems to have kicked the habit... the God I made up hates you!?! Priceless!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

I've found that say these outlandish remarks as if you know about my life is really just saying what is true about your life (see bold). My guess is you are all these rude things you said about me.

ok seriously I agree with you on this god thing, but I can see how people like smoke would make these types of comments. the way you post things makes you seem very angry. it's one thing to be completely against god/religion but you come across a bit silly (and very angry) sometimes with as far as you take it. we all have the right to speak our minds and give our opinions, but I feel like you take it a bit too far. I'm not saying it's wrong to feel the way you feel or think the way you think, but it seems like you don't respect that people are allowed to believe something different than you do. you don't have to agree with it, but you can at least let them believe what they want without being a total jerk (a bit jerky is ok).

Edited by Amby

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

ok seriously I agree with you on this god thing, but I can see how people like smoke would make these types of comments. the way you post things makes you seem very angry. it's one thing to be completely against god/religion but you come across a bit silly (and very angry) sometimes with as far as you take it. we all have the right to speak our minds and give our opinions, but I feel like you take it a bit too far. I'm not saying it's wrong to feel the way you feel or think the way you think, but it seems like you don't respect that people are allowed to believe something different than you do. you don't have to agree with it, but you can at least let them believe what they want without being a total jerk (a bit jerky is ok).

On the one hand...why fight against something that doesn't exist? On the other hand...Amby, think of how many penises that must be!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

That is the third time you've said that. Not just angry; VERY ANGRY!! OK, maybe only the second time but we'll say 3rd to strengthen my point.

Can you provide the VJ community with an example from THIS THREAD with a post of mine that comes off as very angry?

How about any thread from this year, 2011?

I think it is just the way you are reading it in your head but good luck on your search (they can sometimes be tricky to navigate).

Edited by Lord Infamous

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Borucki said the new calculations lead to worlds of questions about life elsewhere in the cosmos. "The next question is why haven't they visited us?"

And the answer? "I don't know," Borucki said.

a better question would be - why would they?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

That is the third time you've said that. Not just angry; VERY ANGRY!! OK, maybe only the second time but we'll say 3rd to strengthen my point.

Can you provide the VJ community with an example from THIS THREAD with a post of mine that comes off as very angry?

How about any thread from this year, 2011?

I think it is just the way you are reading it in your head but good luck on your search (they can sometimes be tricky to navigate).

I think I said the other day it may just be the way I'm reading it, didn't I? I just tried reading it all happy and excited and it made me lol

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.