웃

Sexist Male Pig Refuses to Wrestle Female Opponent

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Video

High school athlete refuses to wrestle female opponent By Jim Kavanagh, CNN

A high school wrestler in wrestling-crazy Iowa forfeited a tournament match Thursday after refusing to grapple with a female opponent.

"As a matter of conscience and my faith, I do not believe that it is appropriate for a boy to engage a girl in this manner," Joel Northrup said in a written statement, according to the Des Moines Register.

Northrup is home-schooled but wrestles as a 112-pound sophomore for Linn-Mar High School in Marion, Iowa. He was a state title contender with a 35-4 record, CNN affiliate KCRG-TV reported.

His erstwhile opponent, Cassy Herkelman of Cedar Falls, advanced by default at Des Moines’ Wells Fargo Arena.

Herkelman (20-13), a freshman, and Ottumwa, Iowa sophomore Megan Black (25-13) are the first two girls ever to qualify for the state individual tournament, which goes back to 1926.

Black lost her opening-round match and moved to the consolation bracket. If both Northrup and Black win twice in the consolation bracket, they will be paired in the third round, forcing Northrup again to decide whether to wrestle a girl.

Northrup, the son of a minister, had indicated after the first pairings were announced Sunday that he might take the forfeit.

"My understanding is that they've got strict convictions (as a family), and I respect them," Herkelman's father, Bill, told the Register at the time. "I don't have any ill will toward them and I don't think it's any kind of boycott about her being a girl."

Northrup said as much in his statement:

"I have a tremendous amount of respect for Cassy and Megan and their accomplishments. However, wrestling is a combat sport and it can get violent at times. ... It is unfortunate that I have been placed in a situation not seen in most of the high school sports in Iowa."

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As a matter of conscience and my faith, I do not believe that it is appropriate for a boy to engage a girl in this manner," Joel Northrup said in a written statement, according to the Des Moines Register

Hey, If that's what it takes to get engaged, I'm all for it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is she hot? I mean if she is, then wouldn't he want to wrestle her.... hand slippage in these cases is acceptable! :lol:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Is she hot? I mean if she is, then wouldn't he want to wrestle her.... hand slippage in these cases is acceptable! :lol:

Sexist male pig seems more appropriately applied to certain respondents here! I respect this kid! While I understand why girls may want the opportunity to gain recognition for their athletic ability I am surprised it has gone this far. Teenage sexuality and hormonal responses would seem to preclude this sort of competition. I am all for equal opportunities and inclusiveness but this is too far!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I think he's more worried about losing to a girl, then about wrestling a girl.

Another Billy Jean King maybe? So much drama and insecurity in that one guy.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

the kids record is 35-4, the girls record is 20-13. i'm doubting he is worried about losing to her.

If he goes hard and she gets injured, he'll get flak. If he goes easy on her and she beats him, he'll be the laughing stock of the team. No matter what he does, he already lost.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:thumbs:

If he goes hard and she gets injured, he'll get flak. If he goes easy on her and she beats him, he'll be the laughing stock of the team. No matter what he does, he already lost.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

the kids record is 35-4, the girls record is 20-13. i'm doubting he is worried about losing to her.

In the video they said the kid was ranked 5th in the state of Iowa for his 112 pound weight class....He would have kid-handled her...

Also keep in mind this was the FIRST TIME EVER (in Iowa) a girl won a match at a state wrestling tournament....and it was by forfeit.

...and what do you know...she already lost her next match

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g-WMOC7JSlwBPINqZ3uAig_uqP8A?docId=e181e8dfa2dc421e9bae60303101f3eb

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Timeline

you ever think the kid might be telling the truth & doesn't think its proper for him to 'engage' her in this manner? before you answer that. answer this. have you ever wrestled or even watched a wrestling match? if yes, then you understand the positioning that will occur. if no, do you think he may feel its inappropriate for him to dry hump & grind this girl for 6 minutes?

7yqZWFL.jpg