88 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

wow! you are so lucky! congrats! :)

event.png

K1 Timeline

2010-11-02: NOA1

2011-03-24: NOA2!!! :)

2011-04-08: Case arrived at Embassy ( tracked through DHL)

2011-04-11/12: Medical at St Lukes

2011-04-25: INTERVIEW :) Earliest slot available online is May 6, called to see if there is an earlier date. Got Apr 25 :)

2011-05-11: POE at LAX Airport

2011-06-25: We got married!

2011-08-02: AOS/ AP/ EAD filed

2011-08-09: AOS NOA1

2011-09-06: Biometrics Appointment

2011-10-20: AOS Interview @ Detroit USCIS

5477902625_3cbb8daa8d_t.jpg5478473242_22ddaecd18_t.jpg5478483180_7fc17c0b8f_t.jpg5477910219_4cba055980_t.jpg5478504360_9bcbcc2c98_t.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Wow, congrats, that is pretty cool B-)

I'd call'em up and bit-h if I were you. I'd tell em I want my full 5 months

:rofl:

adu7iqzpc.png

Timeline

I could only pray it will happen to me/us as well. You are one blessed woman/couple! :)

TIMELINE:

Feb 01, 2011 - Sent I-129F to Texas Lockbox

Feb 07, 2011 - I-129F Received

Feb 19, 2011 - NOA1 (Mail)

May 13, 2011 - NOA2 (e-mail notice)

May 17, 2011 - NOA 2 (Mail)

May 28, 2011 - Got case number after 2 weeks of waiting

May 30-31, 2011 - 2-day Medical at SLMEC (without the NVC letter, just the MCN)

July 01, 2011 - Interview (APPROVED despite delayed documents!)

July 14, 2011 - Picked up visa from 2Go Main

July 15, 2011 - Bought one-way ticket for first time immigrant (rate)

July 18, 2011 - CFO at SMEF-COW

July 31, 2011 - Flight to the US! (Finally!)

My blogsite: www.neighborlj.blogspot.com

Timeline

It happens where they find a case that is just really easy and really fast to get through and they are done!

Ours was approved 5 days after the NOA1 and I was freaking out too lol.

Congrats! :star:

I don't think so. Chalk this up to total incompetence. If they were following their own guidelines. they would have noticed the date received stamped right on the top of the file. Someone was sleeping on this one. But congratulations anyways. Drug testing at USCIS is obviously not occurring now

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

This happened in 2008, when we applied, same exact time of year. Maybe it will happen again, I know it's not fair, but We applied Feb 08 and were approved in a month, along with a few others, that was VSC that year.

Congratulations!!

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Congrats!!!!! :D

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

Thanks everyone for all the congratulations. It's such a slow process and resigned to it I know how frustrating it is. I had planned on visiting here every 3 months just for my own sanity. Those countdowns drive me crazy. I'm still counting down to mid-march when I visit her again. The June trip won't need to happen now. I can't wait to tell her the news. She's still at work.

Several were asking about the package I assembled. It was nothing out of the ordinary and was only what I could ascertain as best from various sources online. Beyond reading and re-reading the instructions I did multiple Google searches for i129f samples, completed forms, etc. I included quite a large assortment of photos. I didn't have the patience to send the photos off for printing and instead i used photoshop and MS Word. I added photos as jpegs to a word document and printed that. It was like two pages with perhaps a dozen of the strongest images of us together, along with a shot of the ring on her hand. I also printed most of those photos (redundantly) as full page prints. This was for a few reasons, mainly that I was concerned they might have required actual printed photos on photo paper, however in a post I read it wasn't required and that printing them on standard paper in color using a color printer was fine. Also I was concerned they might think the smaller prints were modified in photoshop so i printed many of them as full pages. I wanted each shot to be seen in greater detail so they wouldn't suspect foul play. Below each photo in my own hand writing (which is very poor) i printed a description of the place and the exact date. In all there was about a dozen pages of photos, two word docs with smaller prints and 10 pages with the larger prints. For other evidence I used a flatbed scanner to create word documents with jpeg images of things like boarding passes, receipts for anything i bought there, like the engagement ring, I also did have a receipt for the small head shot (passport-style) photos we had taken while i was there. I do think that was probably more than most people include. I brought a blank form with me to meet her because I felt great about our relationship. The instructions on the form assisted in terms of knowing what they needed while I was there. I probably had about four pages of receipt/boarding pass evidence. All of my supporting documents were printed on on side only and held together in sections by paper clips. The sections were in exact order to the cover page, which listed every component of the application. I stapled the electronic notification forms to the very first page of the i129f. I filed one e-form for her email address and one for mine. I believe it was the only time i used a staple. I preferred a paper clip in case they ever needed to make a photo copy, that way they wouldn't have to remove a staple to run everything through an automated copier. I did however place a staple in that first page.

Here are the contents I included and specified on the cover letter (exact wording):

- Payment in the amount of $340 (personal check)

- G-1145 (two, attached to first page of application, as instructed)

- I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person

- G-325A and passport-style photo (Petitioner)

- G-325A and passport-style photo (Beneficiary)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years

- Proof of ongoing relationship

I didn't have my birth certificate and so i phootcopied every single page of my passport as they instructed. It seemed absurd because there were like a dozen blank pages.

I did fill out the section about meeting using a service. At first I didn't complete that - but later i reread it and it dawned on me that the web site we met on was a paid service and so i just filled out that section. The wording made it sound like some sort of elaborate dating service.

In addition to the cover letter i believe there were only three other things i included which weren't required: 1). a photo of her birth certificate, which I forgot to get but had her send me the photo and i printed it large in color. 2). Signed statements from each of us stating that during the 90 day period here that we do intend to marry. (For this i did have to cheat somewhat, because I didn't obtain here signature on this statement while i was there as I didn't know to include it at the time. Instead I scanned her signature from the i129f (which she filled out by hand while i was in the Philippines), and placed it as a jpeg onto the word document which I also used as a template for my own signed/dated statement. I did of course inform her of this form - it's wording, and ask her if she agreed to it, because legally I am not clear on the details of electronic signatures, but she agreed to it and so I produced that document which appeared as an authentic signature, I even ran across her signature with a black pen just to give the paper an indented appearance and also to flare it slightly so as to not have it match identically the other real signature in case it appeared too similar. 3) I did also include a cover letter briefly describing my life and why I wanted to marry her, and why I wanted for us to live in the US (better able to support us and our family here). The letter was only 2 paragraphs, and it seemed to hint at being too personal, but at least it also conveyed a real situation and probably smacked of deep feelings for her and our future together.

For proof of existing relationship i mentioned that we use texts and Skype daily, but those are not saved or with time stamps, so I included two brief email correspondences on a single page and didn't edit out some things which may have seemed personal. Nothing graphic, but some silliness was in there, like how we call each other "dummy" - I did hand write a note on the side of the paper explaining that "dummy" was a term of endearment we used for each other. (It arose because during my visit i missed the flight, then the next day i forgot my camera in a cab, and the next day after that my iphone fell from my pocket while we were on a hammock. Luckily an honest hotel staff person found it and i got it returned. I blame her for making me so stupid. I didn't explain this part anywhere in the application.)

Apart from the above I followed every instruction exactly. Even the part about including the city names without the state abbreviations. That was something that bugged me, because my mother was born in a city, let's call it Springfield, which could be located in any state. These, i believe, were on the bio forms. I did it with the state abbreviations, then thought the better of it and reprinted it filling out the form as they specified, without the state abbreviations. That part of the form irritated me.

For the passport-style photos i placed them separately in clear plastic bags and taped each bag to a piece of paper, behind each of our respective bio forms. I held those pages together with a paper clip.

All together the paperwork took me about 12 hours to complete. Much of it was re-reading and reprinting things. Even after i was done, I'd re-read everything and invariably change or correct something. I did that until it was perfect (and by then it was late at night). Of the 12 hours I'm including her filling out her portion of the form while we were in Phil. I'm also including the reading of the instructions over and over again. The actual assembly time was probably around 6-7 hours. I know these are simple forms and I was slow, but I didn't want there to be a single mistake because every day apart from her is difficult. I didn't want to be a dummy this time.

One other thing that helped was that I completed everything as soon as I could upon returning to the US. All the dates were fresh in my mind and all the documents were with me.

Having detailed what I did I'm certain there is nothing magic or special and that all of you will have success. Also I tend to agree with what someone said, that I was just lucky and probably mine was randomly grabbed by someone during a training exercise. At any rate, hope this helps anyone who's currently working on their papers. It wasn't difficult or daunting, just do your best and do go over everything several times before you mail it, rereading the instructions carefully and often. It's a 5-month wait - you don't want to screw up and lay awake at night (alone) wondering if it will be rejected.

omggggggggggggggggggg..

congratzzzz.hpe the rest of your journey goes great..

ps..hatinggggg badly on a good way though...

:dance: :dance: :dance:

event.png

K1 Process

11/04/2010 | NOA1 Received

11/15/2010 | Touched

02/24/2011 | Flyiin to be with my love

03/05/2011 | Back to waiting,back to US .lol

04/04/2011 | 150th Day Mark.arghh

04/25/2011 | NOA2..yayyy

NVC

05/03/2011 | NVC Received SDO# ASSIGNED

05/05/2011 | Case En route to Santo Domingo

05/07/2011 | Received NVC letter date 5/3/2011

05/11/2011 | Santo Domingo Received Case

05/17/2011 | Interview scheduled

06/01/2011 | Pkt.4 Received

07/06/2011 | Medical Done

07/17/2011 | Leaving to DR

07/19/2011 | INTERVIEW AT 6:45AM APPROVED

08/03/2011 | VISA Printed

08/08/2011 | Visa Received

08/09/2011 | POE @ JFK

09/23/2011 | MARRIED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't question the "gods" at the USCIS, just be thrilled and plan wedding :dance: I did see that on Igor's list and wondered if you were military and tried to figure out what box you had checked that I had not. :crying:

Time for a lovely bouquet of flowers for your betrothed.

Congrats. Enjoy.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

what wonderful news for you both! congratulations! x

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead".

K-1 VISA TIMELINE

30.09.10 - Filed I-129F

06.10.10 - Routed to CSC/NOA1 email

09.10.10 - Cheque cleared

07.10.10 - NOA1

14.10.10 - Touch

15.10.10 - Touch

16.01.11 - Applied for Police Record (NSW)

02.02.11 - Received Police Record (Took 17 days)

10.02.11 - Medical (Received results 6 days later)

22.03.11 - NOA2 (166 days/5.5 months)

25.03.11 - NVC Rec'd

29.03.11 - Left NVC

05.04.11 - Packet 3

05.04.11 - Returned Packet 3

11.04.11 - Packet 4 (Original interview scheduled for 10.05.11 - requested earlier appointment with success!)

12.04.11 - Interview APPROVED!

21.04.11 - VISA in hand!

26.04.11 - POE LAX

04.05.11 - Marriage

AOS TIMELINE

11.05.11 - Filed I-485/EAD/AP

14.05.11 - NOA1

27.05.11 - Walk-in Biometrics completed (originally scheduled for 10.06.11)

08.06.11 - Interview date notice received

11.07.11 - EAD/AP card production ordered (58 days)

14.07.11 - AOS Interview APPROVED!!!(61 days)

18.07.11 - EAD/AP card in hand (65 days)

22.07.11 - GC in hand!!! (69 days)

Timeline

I'm not military, but my grandfather died near the Philippines during WW2. Maybe some long-deserved good karma for his sacrifice.

The application was probably easy to approve in that neither of us have any children or prior marriages.

I bought a lottery ticket last night shortly after making this initial post.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm not military, but my grandfather died near the Philippines during WW2. Maybe some long-deserved good karma for his sacrifice.

The application was probably easy to approve in that neither of us have any children or prior marriages.

Well done you deserve it and a very thorough application. All the very best for the future.(F):wow::dancing::dance:

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Does the NOA2 get sent automatically to the NVC (Manila?) I'm way behind the research curve. I thought I'd have 5 months to prepare for the next step.

:wow: You are indeed lucky! Congratz!!!

We wanted ours to be aprroved in 15 days but unfortunately our wish weren't granted coz we were approved in 6.5 months. :devil: LOL!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Wow congratulations!!!! I'm very happy for you two!! However, if you win the lottery too after this? I will slap you! LOL LOL LOL LOL :rofl:

Best to you both!

Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.