esky051108

civil surgeon is right or not?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Our aos package was sent out yesterday. Prior to completing our package, we went to the civil surgeon and took all the shots that are required for aos except for the second dose of MMR. The cs told us we cant do the second dose of the MMR til a month later. So they marked the vaccination part in the i-696 as incomplete and sealed the envelope. They said just send the aos package out along with the seal evelope and it will be fine. They also said come back in a month to take the final shot and that is the second dose of the MMR and it will be completed. Then they will give me the second seal envelope with all the shots completed so i can take it to my wife's interview. My question is, are they right? will i get an RFE?

Edited by esky051108

hmmm odd. I thought I read a thread somewhere here on VJ where someone mentioned that the doctor's can also mark the vaccinations differently, that they are in progress due to the mandatory waiting period.....

But....my initial thought is that you shouldn't have a problem and don't think you will get an RFE. Looking upon the interview letter they even mention that you will have to bring the sealed medical with you if not already submitted. So yes even if you have already sent out the first one it's not a problem to bring the follow-up with you on the interview day and they will add that to your application file.

So relax, unless I'm totally wrong (which I doubt) you are fine :)

Good luck on your AOS journey!! :)

Maxximjus

10/13/2010 - Mailed in The Package (AOS, I-765, I-130)

10/17/2010 - USPS confirms delivery to USCIS

10/25/2010 - Check cashed

10/26/2010 - All applications been worked on aka touched

10/28/2010 - NOA1 Receipts for applications received

11/24/2010 - Received appointment for biometrics in the mail for 12/17 *yay*

12/17/2010 - 9.25 a.m. - 9.45 a.m. Biometrics done !!

12/23/2010 - EAD Approved and Card on its way - Email notification received *yay*

01/03/2011 - WOOOHOOO ...EAD Card in Hand!

01/04/2011 - Oh boy....Received Interview Letter today - February 3rd is the day! :)

02/03/2011 - Interview scheduled 12:45 p.m. - out of there before 1:30 p.m. - further review

Coming home, checking for touches at 5:30 p.m. - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED !!!!

Thank you All on Visajourney for your inputs, experiences and thoughts!!!

02/09/2011 - Yup another e-mail saying that my card production was ordered.

02/10/2011 - E-mail notification "Approval letter was sent today"

02/14/2011 - Welcome Letter / Approval NOA and Card (separate envelope) received!!! :D

Late November 2012 (have to look up my receipts ;) - mailed in ROC I-751

12/12/2012 - NOA 1, status extension received

12/18/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

01/08/2013 - Biometrics done

It's fine. There is a box to check for "insufficient interval between doses" as the reason for not being incomplete. I strongly suggest you go get the second shot for your health, but they won't ask for an update at your interview. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Our aos package was sent out yesterday. Prior to completing our package, we went to the civil surgeon and took all the shots that are required for aos except for the second dose of MMR. The cs told us we cant do the second dose of the MMR til a month later. So they marked the vaccination part in the i-696 as incomplete and sealed the envelope. They said just send the aos package out along with the seal evelope and it will be fine. They also said come back in a month to take the final shot and that is the second dose of the MMR and it will be completed. Then they will give me the second seal envelope with all the shots completed so i can take it to my wife's interview. My question is, are they right? will i get an RFE?

No you won't get an RFE... well I'd like to be that sure but sometimes USCIS stuff up and sends one when they're not supposed to.. but if it helps you're not SUPPOSED to get an RFE.

The shots are required to be up-to-date at the time of filing, which you stated are. I think it's in your best interest to get the second shot of MMR for yourself, not for immigration, 'cause otherwise it's kinda like the first one is a waste. As long as the CS isn't charging you for a second I-693, and just for the shot, can't hurt to do it just to be sure and for your own medical records.

Filed: Other Timeline

Remember this quite vividly from my own AOS.

Yes, for the time being you are fine and there will not be an RFE. Of course, 99% of the people never go back for additional shots. Neither did I. It's just a friggin' game for money and fame.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Remember this quite vividly from my own AOS.

Yes, for the time being you are fine and there will not be an RFE. Of course, 99% of the people never go back for additional shots. Neither did I. It's just a friggin' game for money and fame.

thank you very much everyone, this is a great community :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.