sajaan

guys need help with refusal letter

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

dear freind my sister was given a blue letter 221G . they asked for an affidavit of support . which we did sent them now they sent another letter it says refusal worksheet we are unable to issue u visa x mark . and the x mark is on you are likely to become public charge . ooooooooooooooooooh what should i do now what can be done now please help us . this letter what sent out on feb 7th but we just got it today . guys please someone helpppp reply sooon

Timeline

ok so i should i find a new cosponser who have enugh income to meet the poverty line . ok once i get that what should i do just it in to the embassy . what can be done now, i should call them to find out why they have taken this decision. will they'll tell me what i need to do ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If they asked for co sponsor data and you submitted something that didn't meet the requirement and they refused the visa they are preparing to send everything back to the US. This process can happen quickly or take forever. You need to call the embassy and ask to speak to someone. Email them also. Ask if they can hold the case while you resubmit new financial data. You may be too late and that would mean starting all over again.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

who is the petitioner, and who is the sponser?

if you are neither, it will be difficult for you to 'talk to the embassy'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

i am to petioner and i had two co-sponser with me they have not given us any reason why they have come to this conclusion . both of my co-sponser income is above the requirment . above 125% . dont know what happend are they realy going to send the case back to u.s or can they give us one more chance.

Timeline

: i called the embassy and the rep said i need a new affidavit of support and said i have a year to response and thats what is says on the refusal letter to if you fail to response with in year your case will be expire . so is it true i have a year or they just saying it and going to send the case somwhere very :unsure: someone please reply soon

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

: i called the embassy and the rep said i need a new affidavit of support and said i have a year to response and thats what is says on the refusal letter to if you fail to response with in year your case will be expire . so is it true i have a year or they just saying it and going to send the case somwhere very :unsure: someone please reply soon

OK... you have another chance to send a new AOS, but before you do, I would suggest you find out why the 2 co-sponsors you sent before were rejected or not good. Knowing what was wrong before will help you to prevent the same mistake from happening again.

You said that both of the 2 co-sponsors have income above 125% poverty line … so then why did you need 2? … is there more than 1 immigrant coming with your sister?

Call NVC and try to get a level 2 tier … to give you some more details of the problem.

Filed: Timeline

OK... you have another chance to send a new AOS, but before you do, I would suggest you find out why the 2 co-sponsors you sent before were rejected or not good. Knowing what was wrong before will help you to prevent the same mistake from happening again.

You said that both of the 2 co-sponsors have income above 125% poverty line … so then why did you need 2? … is there more than 1 immigrant coming with your sister?

Call NVC and try to get a level 2 tier … to give you some more details of the problem.

Or get a good lawyer to figure out what you did wrong twice already. Strike three and you may be out.

Timeline

umm its 7ppl, they will not tell me whats wrong with the co-sponsor, they just want us to have a new co-sponsor with all the income. what could be the reason still cant figure out , co-sponsor i had they are my friends not from the same household. so i kinda divided the intending immigrants in between. i put 5 with one friend and other 2 with other freiend.but the embassy asking for one household income to meet the requirment.they asking atlest $90.000 who makes this much money,god knows . i have a question . can my cousein be count as a family member can i use his income with mine? he is in diffrent state. this time i dont want to do any mistake please give me your best advice. or what else can i do at this time if i dont find anyone with this much income, can i bring some of the faimily members now and the rest can come later. can this be a option if so how? thank you very much for ur time plz put ur input . thanks agin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

umm its 7ppl, they will not tell me whats wrong with the co-sponsor, they just want us to have a new co-sponsor with all the income. what could be the reason still cant figure out , co-sponsor i had they are my friends not from the same household. so i kinda divided the intending immigrants in between. i put 5 with one friend and other 2 with other freiend.but the embassy asking for one household income to meet the requirment.they asking atlest $90.000 who makes this much money,god knows . i have a question . can my cousein be count as a family member can i use his income with mine? he is in diffrent state. this time i dont want to do any mistake please give me your best advice. or what else can i do at this time if i dont find anyone with this much income, can i bring some of the faimily members now and the rest can come later. can this be a option if so how? thank you very much for ur time plz put ur input . thanks agin

I think you are having trouble because you split them up maybe. A household size of 7, currently the the 2010 guidelines are being used which, 125% is $41,587 a year. I would make sure you have 1 sponser with that, and perhaps send in the paperwork of the poverty guidelines from USCIS circled and then on the documents circle the amounts showing it exceeds the $41,587.

James and Oksana

event.png

Traveled to Novosibirsk, Russia (thats in Siberia) over holidays

Engaged on ----------------- New Years

Send I-129F package ---- 1/15/2011

Package Received -------- 1/18/2011 10:13 AM signed for by J BRADSHAW

NOA1---------------------------1/20/2011

E-Notification of NOA1---- 1/24/2011 1:09 AM & check cashed, sent to CSC

Hard Copy NOA1------------1/27/2011

Surprise Visit Fiancée-----4/12/2011 - 4/18/2011 (see picture as she was shocked!)

NOA2---------------------------5/11/2011

Birthday Visit------------------5/18/2011 - 5/25/2011

VISA APPROVED!!!----------7/13/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

7!

Wow

I thought you could have one co sponsor but have no idea how it works with multiple applications.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

very well said james i think thats what i need to do this time make sure they see everything a-z thank you very much i also asked for my cousin income can that be consider same household income with me . or no also if i cant get a co-sponsor can i bring some of the family members with my income. and then the rest come in later . possible ?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

From the info. you have given us, it´s not clear if the 2 previous co-sponsors were “Rejected” or they were accepted but the problem is that their combine income is not enough for all 7 immigrants. You can have many different co- sponsors and distribute immigrants among them according to their income.

If you are not getting answers from NVC, I think the community here at VJ can still help you figure it out, buy you need to give us all info. Here is what we need to know:

- Number of immigrants <-- this you already said there are 7 of them

- Income of the Main Sponsor and value of assets being used.

- Income of any family members being used (I-864A)

- Income of co-sponsors and how you distributed immigrants among them the last time.

- Household sizes for main sponsor and co-sponsors

This taken form I-864 Instructions:

What Is a Joint Sponsor?

If the person who is seeking the immigration of one or moreof his or her relatives cannot meet the income requirements, a"joint sponsor" who can meet the requirements may submit aForm I-864 to sponsor all or some of the family members.A joint sponsor can be any U.S. citizen, U.S. national, orlawful permanent resident who is at least 18 years old,domiciled in the United States, or its territories or possessions,and willing to be held jointly liable with the petitioner for thesupport of the intending immigrant. A joint sponsor does nothave to be related to the petitioning sponsor or the intendingimmigrant.

If the first joint sponsor completes Form I-864 for some ratherthan all the family members, a second qualifying joint sponsorwill be required to sponsor the remaining family members.There may be no more than two joint sponsors. A jointsponsor must be able to meet the income requirements for allthe persons he or she is sponsoring without combiningresources with the petitioning sponsor or a second jointsponsor. Any dependents applying for an immigrant visa oradjustment of status more than six months after immigration ofthe intending immigrants must be sponsored by the petitionerbut may be sponsored by an original joint sponsor or a differentjoint sponsor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, it's not just the 7 other people 'sponsered' prior -

it's also the size of the household, for each co-sponser

and

if there's any 'joint tax returns' where ONE of the co-sponsers is on the return, and the other person ON the return makes more than the co-sponser, well, the math gets messy.

the fact that you have 2 co-sponsers (for a total of 3 I-864s) and the math didn't match up at Islamabad, ouch.

suggest you study the I-864 instructions again, and PRACTICE filling it out, about 6 times, this weekend,

and I hope you'll see where each person in each household plus prior sponsered people

fit

into each 'bucket' .

Once you see the buckets, then you can see how the IO at Islamabad came up with 90K.

and then

go find another co-sponser with $$. ONE..

Good Luck ! Don't skip this 'study', this 'homework', as I feel you'll learn something about how the IO 'did the math'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.