brigadier

Breaking up

20 posts in this topic

hello guys,

i just received the NOA2 today but me ane my fiance broke up last week. we have been having problems for the past one month now. i really need some advise or opinion on what to do. at the time, i dont wan to continue the relationship anymore and also who shouldi need to contact. another question is that, if i want to file for somebody else, what should i need to do or how long will it takes. im really stressed out because of it. thanks in advance and any suggestions are welcome

hello guys,

i just received the NOA2 today but me ane my fiance broke up last week. we have been having problems for the past one month now. i really need some advise or opinion on what to do. at the time, i dont wan to continue the relationship anymore and also who shouldi need to contact. another question is that, if i want to file for somebody else, what should i need to do or how long will it takes. im really stressed out because of it. thanks in advance and any suggestions are welcome

I am going to play Devils advocate, It is unfortunate that things didn't work out with you and your fiance/e, I think that it is better to break it off now than later when you are living together and more heartbreak can be caused. The fact that you want to petition for someone else so quickly may raise some red flags in the next I-129 application. I wish you the best of luck in the pursuit of happiness

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Well, there is a lag between getting the NOA2 and the next step. It may be worth just sitting on it for a few weeks or a month, so you don't have to start all over IF you end up getting back together.

USCIS website says that requests to withdraw the I-129F must be addressed to the service center adjudicating your case. But since that was already approved, I don't know what applies...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm feeling your pain. I'm in Colombia visiting my fiancee now. It's been a difficult 4 days. First she found out 3 days before my arrival that she would start her new job the day I arrived and she would have to work 10 hour shifts everyday of my trip. I'm happy she got the job but I have only seen her awake for a few hours since Friday. Then yesterday she told me that she was having doubts about moving to the US because she doesn't want to leave her mother in Colombia alone. We went back and forth trying to work things out and agreed that she would take more time to think about everything. All I can do now is pray that we are still together when we get our NOA2. My thoughts to you is to take your time before you get into another relationship. I would hate to see you go through another bad experience. You also have a couple of months between NOA2 and the interview. You might get back together. Good luck.

June 4, 2012 - Kelly and I had our first chats on Skype and Windows Live Messenger.

July 10 - 25, 2012 - We met in person and spent time together during my trip to Barranquilla, Colombia. At the end of the trip we decided to apply for the fiancee visa.

August 1, 2012 - I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancee sent via Fed Ex.

August 3, 2012 - Petition received at the USCIS Lock box in Lewisville, Texas.

August 7, 2012 - Received NOA 1 email and text message. Received the official NOA 1 letter in the mail a few days later. The petition was forwarded to the infamous Vermont Service Center.

March 6, 2012 - Received email from USCIS stating that our visa petition was approved and the NOA 2 letter was sent on March 5th.

thanks. honestly , the problem started since december and we dont even communicate anymore. i just got the NOA2 today and i dont even knwo what to do right away.how can icancel it and what is the time frame if i want to do petition for someone else. sure im taking my time to think over it

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

thanks. honestly , the problem started since december and we dont even communicate anymore. i just got the NOA2 today and i dont even knwo what to do right away.how can icancel it and what is the time frame if i want to do petition for someone else. sure im taking my time to think over it

The visa process will not be completed without further input from you, so there's really no rush to do anything. Once you're sure it's over, you can send a withdrawal letter to USCIS with a copy to the Consulate's Immigrant Visa Unit. Deal with the next relationship when it comes. Who's to say it will be with a foreigner. If it is. you may need to add a sentence or two to a cover letter. No big deal.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Brigader --after the dust has settled , just take your time and get to know the next person a little longer before making a committment --it is a long and expensive process to do it again .Best of luck in future .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thanks for your input. yes we dont communicate anymore.i m trying to get myself together about it. i will surely send withdrawn letter in due time. where should i send the letter to?

If your profile is correct and you went through the Vermont Service Center, then you would send it there for UCSIS.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Did you talk to another girl/s when you already file the petition?. Make sure for next petition/nex beneficiary, you take sometimes, dive deeper into your heart about what you want, how you feel about her, so you won't have the same problem in future.

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just one more try like those love songs.

Try to work it out. (L)

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This process is very tedious, and takes a lot out of all of us. There were a few times where my husband and I almost filed for divorce because of how heartbreaking it can feel. Now that I am here though, things are wonderful and we are so happy together. Make very sure that you guys do not want to follow through with this before you send your withdrawel in. It is a lot of money to throw away. If you do truly feel like it is over, then end it, but make very sure that is what you want to do.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I will remind everyone before this topic goes much further, the OP is asking about how to withdraw his approved I-129f petition and what ramifications having one I-129f petition on file will be if/when he files for someone else. He is NOT asking for relationship advice, judgment about his current or future relationships nor any other input other than advice on the immigration process and logistics. Please answer the questions asked only, and do not speculate on nor offer more than is requested. Thank you.

-VJ Moderation Team

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hello guys,

You will need to write a letter something like this. Please withdraw my petition for USCIS CASE WAC#

Her name and birth date and your name and birth date.

Sign it and send it in certified mail return receipt. Keep a copy of the letter and the return receipt and postal receipt.

Send it in to the USCIS.

Sign your name

The next time you file your case will take a lot longer. You only get one easy shot. Then next time is much harder. I know I have experience.

Good Luck

Edited by Shenzhen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.