one...two...tree

American Christians buy millions of Bibles they seldom read and don't understand

105 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Some of the bible can be considered boring, but it's not just a story book to entertain. It is meant to be a record of events, and a record of genealogy in some places like LI's post. The New Testaments is not at all boring to me, neither are several books in the Old Testament. The books all about the law and guidelines can be boring even to a Christian, but they are not meant to entertain us. They were there as a guide of how to live for the people back then. To better know how we got to the present, we can look at the past and it's good that we can have it available in our hands, in our language, to read even if it's not exciting throughout. To me, the promise of salvation and the fulfillment of it are very exciting things. The whole bible is only boring to those who don't find value in it.

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

It is very unfortunate that you can't just talk to God. If he were real he would probably be an interesting Thing to talk to and maybe give great guidance and advice.

But logically you must believe that He is deaf, blind, and mute. That is fact due to his deafness, blindness, and muteness.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Timeline

blink.gif Can you elaborate?

I guess you missed my story a few nights ago :lol:

It is very unfortunate that you can't just talk to God. If he were real he would probably be an interesting Thing to talk to and maybe give great guidance and advice.

But logically you must believe that He is deaf, blind, and mute. That is fact due to his deafness, blindness, and muteness.

I have a cousin who says mary speaks to him. We all (even the very religious older people in my family) think he is seriously mentally ill.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

He is real....and very interesting, and gave and still gives great guidance. If you don't want to feel that in your life, then fine. I feel it in mine. I already know that you don't believe that's possible. I believe it's possible. You can believe it's all in my head, but that doesn't change my feeling of being content on this subject.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

He is real....and very interesting, and gave and still gives great guidance. If you don't want to feel that in your life, then fine. I feel it in mine. I already know that you don't believe that's possible. I believe it's possible. You can believe it's all in my head, but that doesn't change my feeling of being content on this subject.

Well tell him to give me a ring some time. If it goes straight to voicemail just have him leave a message and I'll be sure to call him back when I get the chance.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

Well tell him to give me a ring some time. If it goes straight to voicemail just have him leave a message and I'll be sure to call him back when I get the chance.

:P

Well if that happens be sure to let me know. Do you happen to remember hearing scripture verses when you were growing up like "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." source If He is real then I hope you get some kind of sign since you keep asking for one. If it happens anytime in the near enough future that you still remember VJ exists, let us know. Oh wanted to add that if you DO get a sign, don't expect most people to believe it either. Some of us feel like we have enough proof of God from our own life, yet others rarely care or believe it.

Edited by chri'stina

Filed: Timeline

Pefectly said :thumbs: i totally agree.

I think it's disgusting to call the Bible 'complete trash'. But not totally unexpected, considering the source.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I had the unfortunate experience of attending protestant religious schools 1st to 16. We actually read the whole bible, had daily bible classes. Even read song of solomon and were told, of course, that we should not believe it literally! :lol: Literal interpretation was reserved for Jonah being swallowed by the whale, etc.! I have no problem with all the RWN's out there who loudly proclaim their fundamental christian beliefs while being utter, ignorant hypocrites who haven't a clue as to what most of the bible actually says. That is their problem! My beef is when they try to impose their twisted version of 'morality' on the rest of us by seeking legislative enforcement of their theology. (As in the so-called 'pro-life' movement). My conclusion after all that bible study was that it was a reasonably interesting book in places, containing equal parts history, myth, and moral teachings, but with a lot of contradictions and ambiguities, as well as some real whoppers of 'tall tales'!

I'm gonna have to agree with Lord Infamous about the bible being boring. When I was still allowed in catholic school we had to read bible verses every day. I don't even understand why people would enjoy reading that.

Understanding what it means is the key to enjoying it.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

COMPLETE TRASH (and if the deaf, blind, and mute of the past 2,000 years Creator can hear this may He strike me dead as I type this....oops, still here, yet the same deaf, blind, mute God would destroy entire towns including animal and children if He was in a bad mood back in the Bible days when human intelligence and gullibility were at thousand year highs.....

Dude, you have some serious, pent-up anger over your Fundamental Christian upbringing. Some therapy sessions with a good counselor would do you more good than continually projecting it here.

Edited by 8TBVBN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

what would you program a dvd player for? :unsure:

to record while you watch another channel :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!