one...two...tree

American Christians buy millions of Bibles they seldom read and don't understand

105 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

hmmmmm...I'm stumped then :)

Here is where I am stumped. And I'm not saying you think this about me.

Why is it that I am the one that has the personal issues? tongue_ss.gifThe one that something "had to have happened when I was younger"... helpsmilie.gifOr the guy who is so angry about religion? rofl.gif

Ok. I admit, I have poked more fun at religion than some of the others. I recently said (which is fact) that God is mute (also said He is deaf and blind; that can be debatable). And I've referred to God as a Flying Spaghetti Monster among a few other things. And I've expressed my views in some of the religious debate topics (which is why this forum is here).

But, the question is how come the other members don't have the things listed above (anger towards religion, personal issues, something happened when he/she was younger, etc.)?

Here are a few gems:

1) Alan the Red

a. Heaven - is it fun?

b. Are crazies still in heaven?

c. Superstition and religion: What is the difference

That is 1 member creating 3 topics that all ridicule religion.

Or when 2) consolemaster used to post:

a. I don't give a ####### about religion. Anyone force religion upon me, I'll ####### on their deity. :D

b. God don't exist. Period.

c. Religious idiots who try to enforce religion in a science classroom are retarded.

d.Good joke! :thumbs: The more of this nonsense, the more I will bash religion to a pulp. :D

There are others but I am not about to waste my time searching their posts out. It is a religion forum after all, isn't it?

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I've criticized Alan plenty of times and said he has issues. He's been rude to me. Oh and there's mawilson too, and I don't shy away from telling him what I think either. Feel better now? You're either having a lot of fun with this stuff or don't even realize how you look to others, when even other atheists question you.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline

LI I was just curious if something happened because your posts seem to have a lot of anger in them. Others make comments about god and religion, but they just seem like their opinion, not angry. I dunno. Maybe it's just how I'm reading them. I don't really care. Like I said, I was just curious.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

It is. How embarrassing for us as a species that we give religion so much importance that we name message board forums after it. Pathetic.

Shut up! Don't you have a right wing bashing thread to start???

:jest:

Timeline

I've criticized Alan plenty of times and said he has issues. He's been rude to me. Oh and there's mawilson too, and I don't shy away from telling him what I think either. Feel better now?

Actually I do feel a lot better now. Thank you!

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

Actually I do feel a lot better now. Thank you!

:rofl:

Listen Nathan, "Gift from God", we can be enemies or we can be frenemies. It's your choice. - Christina, "Follower of Christ"

You made a couple comments but nothing that I needed to respond to.

Well let's just be glad you are not working in the media because your comprehension of what I said was a fail. I was addressing Chri'stina's point of why am I not debating religion daily with my family. So I said do you think I should wake up in the morning and call my mom immediately and start debating religion with her, and making fun of her and her religion? Obviously discussing religion with family members when opinions differ is only asking for trouble, which is the whole point. You read it as some internet psychopath just completely jumping from one topic to the other and saying "should I call my mom up and make fun of her?"....If I did that then that would be a clear indication of someone that has some personal issues....But I wrote what I did for a reason and it was to prove a point.

No, I was going off your words -

Who besides Bill Mahr and a couple other guys "vent" about how stupid religion is in real life. Do you want me to wake up every morning, call my mom up, and make fun of her?

So, you're implying you use this forum instead. Even in jest, I say: issues. Horses for courses; you think I'm stupid to believe in God, and I think you have issues. :lol:

Either way, I'm done with this now.

Lisa ('God's promise' apparently)

Edited by Lisa C

Timeline

No, I was going off your words -

So, you're implying you use this forum instead. Even in jest, I say: issues. Horses for courses; you think I'm stupid to believe in God, and I think you have issues. :lol:

Either way, I'm done with this now.

Lisa ('God's promise' apparently)

I don't think you are stupid for believing in God. If anything, it makes you normal.

But I will say that your proof of God's existence story was pretty bad. From what I recall your car wouldn't start in a shopping center parking lot and a tow truck "miraculously" drove by without you haven't to dial one in. So you saved about 15 minutes (the time it would have taken for you to call the tow truck yourself). I've heard much better proofs than this :whistle:

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

I don't think you are stupid for believing in God. If anything, it makes you normal.

But I will say that your proof of God's existence story was pretty bad. From what I recall your car wouldn't start in a shopping center parking lot and a tow truck "miraculously" drove by without you haven't to dial one in. So you saved about 15 minutes (the time it would have taken for you to call the tow truck yourself). I've heard much better proofs than this :whistle:

That's the thing - everthing is subjective and up to the individual for interpretation. I can't sit here with graphs and charts and DNA evidence in order to prove anything...it's all up to the individual as to what (s)he wants to believe. I was just sharing an experience that I had just had...and let me tell you this...it was not in efforts to change people's minds or to convert anyone from his/her own path. That particular experience for me was pretty strange at best...and perhaps I didn't explain it properly to convey what happened. Even my husband - who btw thinks that all organized religion is a joke, but believes in God - was taken aback from it. But that's besides the point. I can't prove anything to anyone, I can share things that I believe show God, but that's not the same thing as trying to prove anything. Nor am I trying to prove anything or even change people's minds about their own faith.

I could go into story after story - imo, real clear cut examples to me as to the presence of God in my life. I certainly wouldn't think that you would presume that a tow truck appearing out of nowhere is my 'all time greatest God story - w00t!' or that one example is what I base my faith upon. That would be ridiculous weaksauce.

I've been told there's no medical reason why I'm alive today. Trust me, my faith goes way deeper than a random tow truck.

What about people who die and no doctor was ever able to figure out why the events leading to the death happened at all? Inexplicable stuff happens all the time. It just means there's a lot we don't know. It doesn't mean there's a magician in the skies.

Perhaps for you, but I see it differently.

The injury I sustained by all accounts - and a consensus of every doctor I saw - was that the injury should have immediately killed me. But that's not even the sole of my faith either - more like a piece of the big puzzle. I'm not going to share any more anecdotes here because OF COURSE there will always be those who are needing to poke holes in every word for the sake of casting doubt....and we can sit here and do that all day long. It's not going to prove anything - it won't prove to atheists that God exists, and it certainly wouldn't prove to me that He doesn't. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What about people who die and no doctor was ever able to figure out why the events leading to the death happened at all? Inexplicable stuff happens all the time. It just means there's a lot we don't know. It doesn't mean there's a magician in the skies.

maybe it's a super mod and they got a permanent suspension?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Good point. For every 1 miracle you probably have around 1 million tragedies.

Look at the news. If there were miracles to report they would report them. They happen, but very rarely. What you see in the news is tragedy after tragedy.

maybe it's a super mod and they got a permanent suspension?

:guides:

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1