nottoolong

Not sure if I'll get an RFE about a signature

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

I just sent in my I-129F this past Tuesday, and it was received the next day. I was just re-thinking about the signature of my fiance on the G-325A form. I did ask her and her cousin (who's helping me here)about this before I sent it. On the bottom of the form where is says signature, my fiance printed her name. When I spoke with her cousin, she said that's the way she has it on her passport, or something of the sort that she has in Thailand. Does anyone think I'll get an RFE to have her really sign her name? I think she has always printed it whenever she was asked to in Thailand. She did write her name in Thai where it asks right below.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

I just sent in my I-129F this past Tuesday, and it was received the next day. I was just re-thinking about the signature of my fiance on the G-325A form. I did ask her and her cousin (who's helping me here)about this before I sent it. On the bottom of the form where is says signature, my fiance printed her name. When I spoke with her cousin, she said that's the way she has it on her passport, or something of the sort that she has in Thailand. Does anyone think I'll get an RFE to have her really sign her name? I think she has always printed it whenever she was asked to in Thailand. She did write her name in Thai where it asks right below.

Thank you.

If she always "prints her name" and that is her "signature" then there should be no problem.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Timeline

If she always "prints her name" and that is her "signature" then there should be no problem.

I hope so. I didn't think of it when I was finalizing everything last week. It was just a thought that came up today. Better to keep those to a minimum. It's going to be a long journey.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife printed her name on everything. Wasn't a problem. Must be a Thai way of doing signatures.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

My wife took my last name and just writes this (nicely printed) with no first name as her signature. We never got an RFE for any forms she signed (CR-1 visa).

Wow, thank you all for the replies. I don't know why I all of a sudden began to think of that today.

My wife printed her name on everything. Wasn't a problem. Must be a Thai way of doing signatures.

Ditto with my wife. No problem with USCIS.

Edited by Mountain Climber

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I hope so. I didn't think of it when I was finalizing everything last week. It was just a thought that came up today. Better to keep those to a minimum. It's going to be a long journey.

Thank you.

For the I-129f, neither the petitioner nor the beneficiary is required to sign the G-325a. See below.

Interoffice Memorandum

To: SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS

Acting Associate Director for Operations

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

Date: November 1, 2005

Re: Guidance for Processing Pending Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) when

G-325A for Petitioner and/or Beneficiary is not Signed and/or Photos not Submitted.

Purpose

To provide field offices with guidance on processing Form I-129F petitions when the accompanying G-325A is missing signatures and/or photographs.

A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioner’s signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioner’s photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication.

Questions regarding this memorandum may be directed through appropriate channels to Mica Pilz of Service Center Operations.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Also, I sent mine a few weeks ago with the signature in the wrong box on the I-129F. For that they just stopped it right in Dallas and sent it back to me. Only delayed me the time it took to get back and there again.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

Thank you.

Cursive hand writing is seldom taught as part of English as a second language abroad. A signature is a signature. It need not be legible or conform to any standard.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Cursive hand writing is seldom taught as part of English as a second language abroad. A signature is a signature. It need not be legible or conform to any standard.

If only I had made a stray mark in the box on mine, but alas, white as the new driven snow... nothing I could even pretend was a signature :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husbands "signature" is a squiggly line that doesn't even remotely look like his name and he doesn't even really sign his name just a squiggly. They never questioned it during the process not even at the interview.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

:rofl: i can't even read my wife' signature....u should be just fine... :thumbs:

12/22/2010...married my soulmate,in tagaytay city.

USCIS...
01/28/2011...mailed I-130 to chicago Lockbox.....The journey begins
01/31/2011...receive I-130
02/05/2011...get a e-mail notice of NOA-1...states case transferred to CSC
02/08/2011...check clears my bank
02/10/2011... rec. hardcopy NOA-1 in mail...priority date..01/31/2011.....sit back relax and ride this slow mule!!
02/14/2011... touched ( it must have fallen on the floor )..hehe
05/12/2011...NOA-2 OMG...98days u kidding me!!!!!!!

NVC......

05/26/2011... finally got NVC case number...
05/28/2011... receive DS-3032 in e-mail/e-mailed the DS-3032 back
05/28/2011... receive AOS fee bill/ and paid online.
06/01/2011... AOS fee bill shows paid.
06/02/2011... DS-3032 accepted
06/03/2011... IV-bill generated and sented by e-mail
06/04/2011... Paid IV fee bill/ in progress
06/07/2011... IV fee bill showed paid/ downloaded cover sheet
06/08/2011... Express mail both the I-864(AOS) and DS-230
06/09/2011... Confirmed del at 11:10am signed by N visa center.
06/21/2011... SIF...yea!!! called NVC..yes case complete but no interview dates until aug..rats!!
06/28/2011... issured interview date set for 08/08/2011 At 6:30am.
07/12&13/2011... medical
YEA SHE PASSED MEDICAL

08/08/2011... interview approved!!!
08/19/2011...usa/arkansas.....

ROC

05/23/2013... mailed I-751 to Vermont

05/25/2013...delivery confirm received

05/30/2013...check cleared bank

06/01/2013...rec. NOA1 (receipt date 05/28/2013)

06/24/2013... biometrics appointment

Timeline

:rofl: i can't even read my wife' signature....u should be just fine... :thumbs:

Thanks again everyone! Thought I might've received a few more responses today. Didn't even think of how illegible some signatures can be. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.