devastedme

prenuptial-question

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What are the shovel and couple bags of lime to be used for?

How would those items help the OP?

I believe that is a joke, that is how you get rid of a dead body without any evidence.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I believe that is a joke, that is how you get rid of a dead body without any evidence.

Yes, we know that... don't think it's funny... and wonder if the guy who wrote it meant it purely as a joke.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Check your state law on property division from dissolution or divorce. But generally you will find that whatever is yours now remains yours, and she gets half of the accumulated assets from the marriage date onward. You wouldn't lose your house or retirement if things turned out badly after a short time here.

There wouldn't be any reason to buy her a house in the Philippines if she stepped off the plane and you determined she had defrauded you for a green card.

A shovel and a couple bags of lime should do in that case. ;)

+1 :thumbs:

RLogan gets the "Common Sense Post Award" of the day!

Yes, check your state Family Law. If your state is a Community Property state, then in effect, it is protecting you in that everything PRIOR to your marriage is YOUR individual property. So just copy all your bank and financial statements that clearly show what you have prior to the marriage, and you are protected that way. Where it would get tricky is making mortgage payments with your salary, 'cause that is considered community property. It is really awful going thru the prenup process, because it has the look, taste and feel of the divorce process, and involves 2 lawyers and arguing what is fair or not. And even then, a judge can just throw out the prenup if he does not like it. Why not consult an atty regarding how to pay off your home so it is yours alone. The feelings of distrust that a prenup brings up even before the relationship is on solid ground are terrible--on both sides.

Good luck in whatever you do, and enjoy your Pinay to the fullest!

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do not see anything wrong with a pre-nup. We have it, it's practical and we are both just protecting ourselves especially that I have a daughter from a previous relationship.

I would suggest that you talk to your wife about this and ask her how she feels about having a pre-nup. If she's agreed to do this let her read a draft of the pre-nup you made and also let her write her objections. Discuss what you don't agree on. When she gets here ask someone you both know to help her get a lawyer who will explain to her further the conditions of the pre-nup and her rights as your wife according to the state you're in. You cannot just let her sign a pre-nup under your own conditions . You also cannot have just 1 lawyer as that lawyer cannot represent you both.

Remember, in the Philippines pre-nups are not a very common thing. This may be viewed by your wife as a very hostile act. She just gave up her life in her country to be with you and this is what you give her. If you're doing K1 you would be press for time discussing this as she'll be going through different kinds of adjustments in her new environment and this would really be tough on her so she might be aggravated. A post-nup is something that you perhaps should consider. This will give you more time to make her understand the reason for this.

Good Luck!

AOS from B1B2

06/14/10 – Mailed I-130, 485,765,824

06/16/10 – Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

06/22/10 – Received texts & email routed to NBC

06/24/10 – Checks cashed for I-130, 485, 765, 824

06/26/10 – NOA1 for I-130, 485,765, 824

07/17/10 – Received hard copy of RFE 485

08/16/10 – Sent RFE response

08/19/10 – RFE delivered to NBC

08/20/10 – Case resumed online

09/24/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

10/04/10 – Received Service request letter

10/27/10 – Infopass Appt. for Biometrics

11/05/10 – Called USCIS for Biometrics

11/22/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

11/23/10 – Wrote & Mail Letter to Congresswoman

12/06/10 – Received Biometrics Letter after 5 months…FINALLY!!!

12/14/10 – Biometrics Done!!

12/15/10 - Card Production Ordered - Online Status-YEHEYY!!!:))

12/28/10 - Received EAD Card!!! Yahoo!! :))

12/30/10 - Applied for SSN

01/03/11 - Received SSN

01/06/11 - Received Interview Letter!! Yahoo!! Feb. 8 it is!!

01/08/11 - Interview Approved!Green Card Stamped on Passport!!

01/14/11 - Approval Notice I-130 & Welcome Letter!

01/18/11 - Received Green Card in the mail..

uzKIm4.png

Daughter's CR-2 Timeline http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=aboutme

Hello gals and guys:

I have a question about prenuptial. I love my fiancee but I also read many stories not so good. I know things can go either way.

But at the same time, I am considering many things. She is coming from PI, leaving her friends, family, job, and everything she owns.

She told me she has a lot in PI and like.

My propose is this: write a prenuptial with the following conditions:

If our marriage goes wrong and she will fight me in court for the little I have, I can propose to build a small house for her in her lot (value between 1 to 1.5m php and deposit 1m php in the bank so that she can get by or a build business). Of course I will be happy if we divorce and all she wants is her ticket back to PI.

I am know this might sound rude but I feel I need some kind of protection. I hear people losing their house and things like that. I really can not afford to lose my house or my retirement. I will be screwed for life.

I like to hear your reaction. :help:

If you want to do pre-nuptial. There is nothing wrong with it. Its your own preference. Just go ahead and do it.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That all will happen, even in the best marriages. You get, in marriage, only what you bring into it. Your future wife will have to adjust on many levels, as will you. It will be frustrating at times, for both of you. I guarantee things will go exactly as planned, if you are looking for things to go bad already.

She is moving to a new country. She will get homesick. Some of the things she does will irritate you. She probably won't say anything to you about your flaws. She will cry a lot, make tampo, and may even try to run away a couple times. She will get over it, and expect you to make lambing.

Kuya, you must be married to a Filipina for a looong time now. :)

TIMELINE:

Feb 01, 2011 - Sent I-129F to Texas Lockbox

Feb 07, 2011 - I-129F Received

Feb 19, 2011 - NOA1 (Mail)

May 13, 2011 - NOA2 (e-mail notice)

May 17, 2011 - NOA 2 (Mail)

May 28, 2011 - Got case number after 2 weeks of waiting

May 30-31, 2011 - 2-day Medical at SLMEC (without the NVC letter, just the MCN)

July 01, 2011 - Interview (APPROVED despite delayed documents!)

July 14, 2011 - Picked up visa from 2Go Main

July 15, 2011 - Bought one-way ticket for first time immigrant (rate)

July 18, 2011 - CFO at SMEF-COW

July 31, 2011 - Flight to the US! (Finally!)

My blogsite: www.neighborlj.blogspot.com

Do whatever you feel is right for you both.. Pre-nups are not for all couples, but I can see why some would need it. I personally think it is very generous of you to offer to build a house for her in the Philippines and give her all that money.. :) Think about it well, and think about it as a couple, don't just decide on your own. It's not about doubting her, I know you are just protecting yourself. Goodluck :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

A shovel and a couple bags of lime should do in that case. ;)

this isn't a topic to jest about.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

One post containing an inappropriate comment has been removed.

Also, just as a reminder it is a good idea if you are adding what is a humorous comment to a serious thread, to use a laughing or a smiling or a winking emoticon. Humour can be easily misunderstood or misinterpreted in an on-line forum where the other person doesn't see your smile or hear your laugh - especially for someone whose first language isn't English. You may also want to re-think if the humour is appropriate under the circumstances. :)

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Can I go back five hours and edit one of my posts, too? :unsure:

I can go back and remove it for you :D !

I actually asked Charles if he would remove the illustration and he was kind enough to oblige.

Now, back to the original topic . . . :)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Devastedme - I like yr good intentions about buying her a house and giving her 1 miliion pesos . I wont mention it to her -- Dont give any intentions --maybe she will take up the offer and go back home and build her dream home and start a business and live happily :lol: Then you will live up to yr screen name ''Devasted me ''. :lol: .Best wishes .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Devastedme - I like yr good intentions about buying her a house and giving her 1 miliion pesos . I wont mention it to her -- Dont give any intentions --maybe she will take up the offer and go back home and build her dream home and start a business and live happily :lol:Then you will live up to yr screen name ''Devasted me ''. :lol: .Best wishes .

Amen. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.