devastedme

prenuptial-question

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello gals and guys:

I have a question about prenuptial. I love my fiancee but I also read many stories not so good. I know things can go either way.

But at the same time, I am considering many things. She is coming from PI, leaving her friends, family, job, and everything she owns.

She told me she has a lot in PI and like.

My propose is this: write a prenuptial with the following conditions:

If our marriage goes wrong and she will fight me in court for the little I have, I can propose to build a small house for her in her lot (value between 1 to 1.5m php and deposit 1m php in the bank so that she can get by or a build business). Of course I will be happy if we divorce and all she wants is her ticket back to PI.

I am know this might sound rude but I feel I need some kind of protection. I hear people losing their house and things like that. I really can not afford to lose my house or my retirement. I will be screwed for life.

I like to hear your reaction. :help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Talk to a lawyer that specializes in prenuptial agreements, get them to create and write it for you. I would not ask advice on that here because there are many loops and holes that women can find if the prenup is not written correctly.

If you are very concerned by all means have a prenup created and have her sign it before marriage. Prenups are becoming a lot more common than they used to be and some people are finding them very useful when the marriage goes south.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Do yo have children from a previous relationship ? Do you have significant wealth ?

Prenups are usually when you have one of the above before marriage.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do yo have children from a previous relationship ? Do you have significant wealth ?

Prenups are usually when you have one of the above before marriage.

I know someone who has a prenup that only includes his motorcycle and his car and computers.

Prenups can be made for ANYTHING, not just children or wealth.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

If you want a prenup all your property ( real or personal ) before marriage belongs to you exclusively and vice versa.

Whatever is acquired during the marriage belongs to the two of you.

As simple as that.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I know someone who has a prenup that only includes his motorcycle and his car and computers.

Prenups can be made for ANYTHING, not just children or wealth.

I supposed you could but is it wise ? If they were assets before the marriage and not willfully co mingled after marriage then it was probably a waste of paper and let her know exactly where she stands. Long term predictions for the marriage aren't very good.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Hello gals and guys:

I have a question about prenuptial. I love my fiancee but I also read many stories not so good. I know things can go either way.

But at the same time, I am considering many things. She is coming from PI, leaving her friends, family, job, and everything she owns.

She told me she has a lot in PI and like.

My propose is this: write a prenuptial with the following conditions:

If our marriage goes wrong and she will fight me in court for the little I have, I can propose to build a small house for her in her lot (value between 1 to 1.5m php and deposit 1m php in the bank so that she can get by or a build business). Of course I will be happy if we divorce and all she wants is her ticket back to PI.

I am know this might sound rude but I feel I need some kind of protection. I hear people losing their house and things like that. I really can not afford to lose my house or my retirement. I will be screwed for life.

If your are that nervous, then perhaps you should not get married. Because she is an immigrant, and cannot sign such an agreement without coercion, that is to say, your are already in a position of control, then chances are any such prenup will be invalid if contested. Divorce will not remove you obligations to support her, once you are married, and while she is still in the US. State laws will override any such agreement.

Bottom line, don't get married, and don't bring her to the US, if you have any doubts.

another thing is, if you are still paying on your house chances are that she cant pay for it and the court will award the house to you anyway. I agree if you are worried about her intentions, maybe you shouldnt get married.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Check your state law on property division from dissolution or divorce. But generally you will find that whatever is yours now remains yours, and she gets half of the accumulated assets from the marriage date onward. You wouldn't lose your house or retirement if things turned out badly after a short time here.

There wouldn't be any reason to buy her a house in the Philippines if she stepped off the plane and you determined she had defrauded you for a green card.

A shovel and a couple bags of lime should do in that case. ;)

If your are that nervous, then perhaps you should not get married. Because she is an immigrant, and cannot sign such an agreement without coercion, that is to say, your are already in a position of control, then chances are any such prenup will be invalid if contested. Divorce will not remove you obligations to support her, once you are married, and while she is still in the US. State laws will override any such agreement.

Bottom line, don't get married, and don't bring her to the US, if you have any doubts.

:thumbs:

Hello guys,

What I meant is if something went bad. Maybe after she comes we have issues like some couples do. Maybe everything she does irritate me. Maybe everything I do irritate her and things like that. Maybe she will miss her friends and family too much. Maybe she will be home sick and like to return back home. Etc. I don't think she is a scam or anything like that. She has no need for that because right now she has a very nice job.

I learned so much. To sum it up, what is mine now is mine. It will just be the difference between what I have now and what I have after she comes.

I guess buying her the house and depositing some cash is up to me. I really don't understand how some guys can send those girls back home with nothing.

Thanks for the help.

What I meant is if something went bad. Maybe after she comes we have issues like some couples do. Maybe everything she does irritate me. Maybe everything I do irritate her and things like that. Maybe she will miss her friends and family too much. Maybe she will be home sick and like to return back home. Etc. I don't think she is a scam or anything like that. She has no need for that because right now she has a very nice job.

That all will happen, even in the best marriages. You get, in marriage, only what you bring into it. Your future wife will have to adjust on many levels, as will you. It will be frustrating at times, for both of you. I guarantee things will go exactly as planned, if you are looking for things to go bad already.

She is moving to a new country. She will get homesick. Some of the things she does will irritate you. She probably won't say anything to you about your flaws. She will cry a lot, make tampo, and may even try to run away a couple times. She will get over it, and expect you to make lambing.

Edited by Some Old Guy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys,

I learned so much. To sum it up, what is mine now is mine. It will just be the difference between what I have now and what I have after she comes.

I guess buying her the house and depositing some cash is up to me. I really don't understand how some guys can send those girls back home with nothing.

Thanks for the help.

MAYBE you don't trust her enough to think of such things..like what you said she will leave everything behind her just to be with you without any knowledge of what life is waiting for her in USA . I f you would really want to do the prenuptial let her know in advance before coming here to USA, ask for her opinion and feelings about it so that she knows what is waiting for her, she may feel offended and hurt but at least you hear her side.

DSC01000.jpg

PUERTO GALERA/SUMMER '08

1. Maybe you should get to know her better.

2. Your screen name doesn't inspire confidence.

A shovel and a couple bags of lime should do in that case. ;)

What are the shovel and couple bags of lime to be used for?

How would those items help the OP?

If your are that nervous, then perhaps you should not get married.

1. Maybe you should get to know her better.

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.