abdarach

May my case help others.

25 posts in this topic

Good evening,

For more than two years I read a lot here about others people experience. Those stories were very helpful to me and today and I have the privilege to share my story with you. May this help others who are in the same situation I were for two years.

Please read and thank you all for the advices you provided me within those two long years.

_________________________________________________________________________________

My application for Naturalization was received by the USCIS on August 27, 2009.

On December 8, 2009 I attended my interview and passed all the required tests.

At the end of the interview the officer told me that he could not make a decision right away and needed a case review by his supervisor.

He added that if I did not hear back from them in two weeks I’ll then receive my oath letter within a month.

On December 29, 2009, three weeks after, I scheduled my first Infopass and I’ve told that my case is pending with the immigration officer.

On December 29, 2009 I sent a letter my Senator to intercede with the USCIS on my behalf to resolve this issue. The result from his inquiry was case still pending.

In January 2010 I called twice and left voice messages on the USCIS Philadelphia naturalization office phone to inquiry about my case: I’ve never received a call back.

On January 26, 2010 my lawyer sent a letter to the USCIS offices in Philadelphia and in Vermont for an update on my case. She did not receive any updates from any of both offices.

On February 2, 2010 I wrote to another Congressman regarding my case. He contacted his liaison at the USCIS Philadelphia office and on February 17 his response was: Naturalization still pending with the officer.

Later on February I received another message from the congressman announcing me that my case is still pending for review and that USCIS hopes to complete their review by early March.

In early March I did receive a request for additional information. My lawyer responded to his request on March 29, 2010.

On April 12, 2010 I called USCIS national phone line and placed a service request. The same day I received the following response by email: “Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.

On June 02, 2010 I called USCIS national line again and placed another service request and on June 07 I received the following response by email: “Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.

On September 20, 2010 I sent a correspondence to the USCIS Philadelphia Field office asking for an update on my case. There was no reply from the immigration offices.

On October 25, 2010 my lawyer drafted a letter to ask the USCIS to adjudicate on my case, warning them on a possible mandamus petition. We wait three weeks and still no response from the USCIS.

Then my attorney then asked me for $7000.00 to file for a mandamus. The fees were so exorbitant for me and I decided to go with another lawyer who charged me $1600.00 for the whole mandamus petition process.

On December 14, 2010 my new lawyer sent me the mandamus draft to review before filing. Of course I reviewed it the same day and sent it back to him.

On December 15, 2010 my attorney sent the package to the Pennsylvania Eastern court to file for the mandamus.

On December 17, 2010 my lawyer forwarded me the Court filing receipt showing my case in the court systems.

On January 11, 2011 the government attorney contacted my lawyer to let him know the USCIS is ready to adjudicate on my case and that they are drafting a stipulation to send to the judge with a promise to take a decision (approval or denial) on my case within two weeks.

On January 18, 2011 the government lawyer sent the stipulation and filed a motion to remand.

On January 24, 2011 the Judge issue the court order asking the USCIS to adjudicate on my case within two weeks.

On January 25, USCIS emailed me asking me to go for another set of fingerprints as the ones I had earlier had expired. I went for the fingerprints the next day.

On January 31, I received by email my invitation for the oath ceremony scheduled on February 04, 2011.

On February 04, 2011 I finally became a US CITIZEN.

May my case help others who are in the same situation today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good evening,

For more than two years I read a lot here about others people experience. Those stories were very helpful to me and today and I have the privilege to share my story with you. May this help others who are in the same situation I were for two years.

Please read and thank you all for the advices you provided me within those two long years.

_________________________________________________________________________________

My application for Naturalization was received by the USCIS on August 27, 2009.

On December 8, 2009 I attended my interview and passed all the required tests.

At the end of the interview the officer told me that he could not make a decision right away and needed a case review by his supervisor.

He added that if I did not hear back from them in two weeks I’ll then receive my oath letter within a month.

On December 29, 2009, three weeks after, I scheduled my first Infopass and I’ve told that my case is pending with the immigration officer.

On December 29, 2009 I sent a letter my Senator to intercede with the USCIS on my behalf to resolve this issue. The result from his inquiry was case still pending.

In January 2010 I called twice and left voice messages on the USCIS Philadelphia naturalization office phone to inquiry about my case: I’ve never received a call back.

On January 26, 2010 my lawyer sent a letter to the USCIS offices in Philadelphia and in Vermont for an update on my case. She did not receive any updates from any of both offices.

On February 2, 2010 I wrote to another Congressman regarding my case. He contacted his liaison at the USCIS Philadelphia office and on February 17 his response was: Naturalization still pending with the officer.

Later on February I received another message from the congressman announcing me that my case is still pending for review and that USCIS hopes to complete their review by early March.

In early March I did receive a request for additional information. My lawyer responded to his request on March 29, 2010.

On April 12, 2010 I called USCIS national phone line and placed a service request. The same day I received the following response by email: “Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.

On June 02, 2010 I called USCIS national line again and placed another service request and on June 07 I received the following response by email: “Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.

On September 20, 2010 I sent a correspondence to the USCIS Philadelphia Field office asking for an update on my case. There was no reply from the immigration offices.

On October 25, 2010 my lawyer drafted a letter to ask the USCIS to adjudicate on my case, warning them on a possible mandamus petition. We wait three weeks and still no response from the USCIS.

Then my attorney then asked me for $7000.00 to file for a mandamus. The fees were so exorbitant for me and I decided to go with another lawyer who charged me $1600.00 for the whole mandamus petition process.

On December 14, 2010 my new lawyer sent me the mandamus draft to review before filing. Of course I reviewed it the same day and sent it back to him.

On December 15, 2010 my attorney sent the package to the Pennsylvania Eastern court to file for the mandamus.

On December 17, 2010 my lawyer forwarded me the Court filing receipt showing my case in the court systems.

On January 11, 2011 the government attorney contacted my lawyer to let him know the USCIS is ready to adjudicate on my case and that they are drafting a stipulation to send to the judge with a promise to take a decision (approval or denial) on my case within two weeks.

On January 18, 2011 the government lawyer sent the stipulation and filed a motion to remand.

On January 24, 2011 the Judge issue the court order asking the USCIS to adjudicate on my case within two weeks.

On January 25, USCIS emailed me asking me to go for another set of fingerprints as the ones I had earlier had expired. I went for the fingerprints the next day.

On January 31, I received by email my invitation for the oath ceremony scheduled on February 04, 2011.

On February 04, 2011 I finally became a US CITIZEN.

May my case help others who are in the same situation today.

wow!! sounds like you been through a lot but you never gave up the fight! congratulations :)

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-03-17

I-130 Sent : 2009-12-21

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 RFE : 2010,11,06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2010,12,15

I-130 Approved : 2010-03-09

Interview Date : 2011-02-17 Submit Review

life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!♥♥♥

if god is for you who can be against you.

blue slipped!!

-- Second Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):

28/3/2011...APPROVED!!!!APPROVED, APPROVED!!!!!

WOW!! What amazing patience you showed!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :dance:

Edited by Suley&Tami

AOS Journey:
07/11/11 Express mailed AOS, EAD, & AP
07/14/11 Check is cashed!
07/14/11 3 text msgs with case numbers
07/15/11 NOA1
09/12/11 Biometrics Appt.

09/19/11 EAD & AP combo card arrived today!!!

10/27/11 AOS Interview in Portland, text from USCIS that card is in production!!
11/04/11 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!

ROC Journey

07/27/13 (90 days prior to Green Card expiration)

07/30/13 Mailed ROC package today!

08/01/13 NOA 1

08/02/13 Check cashed

08/28/13 Biometrics appointment

10/02/13 Card in Production!

I'm glad that all the incertainty and stress finally ended. When I think I had to wait more than a year, use the services of three lawyers, two members of the Congress, send so many correspodences and spend a couple of thousands dollars to have them make a decision on my case after a court decision, I strongly believe we have to stand up and have the agency review its procedures to better serve its clients and improve its customer service department.

Congrats and a BIG Respect to you....I really mean that..:thumbs:

IMHO..there just retards....and customer service they have'nt a clue...

It makes you wonder if they lost and found some of your files, as from what you post, that "all" they where doing was killing time because they lost/misplaced your files

i mean...why they asking for another F.P?

Anyways...thank you for your post, this will help others of how some things no matter how simple it sounds and should be, can go ugly with this system the uscis" thinks" works...

again congrats and i wish you well..:thumbs:

Edited by nigel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Proud that you fought the system and forced them to do their JOB! That's how you do it. They did something similar to a friend of mine - he re-filed the application. Hopefully your story will let them think twice about doing this to someone else, because we know a number of people have gone through this!

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To Ledo2131: I do not have any idea what it took so long as they have never told me the reason of the delay.

good.gif Just curious where are you from..? Sometimes name checks / fbi info can hold out the process but you were interviewed - strange.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm glad that all the incertainty and stress finally ended. When I think I had to wait more than a year, use the services of three lawyers, two members of the Congress, send so many correspodences and spend a couple of thousands dollars to have them make a decision on my case after a court decision, I strongly believe we have to stand up and have the agency review its procedures to better serve its clients and improve its customer service department.

Hello Abdarach,

Somewhere in these forums I read that you can sue USCIS for the costs of filing 1447b (Mandamus). Maybe Big Joe5 can give more info.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

isn't there a way to recover damages? In the end they adjudicated your case within 2 weeks after they received a court order. it clearly shows that something wasn't working properly on their side, and the 1-year wait was totally avoidable.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh Oh Oh. Congratulations! :thumbs:

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.