Val and Gary

California to Texas & Texas to California - Part 2

3,224 posts in this topic

Saylin Thank you very much for the info i'll check around for more info around this forum just like you said :)

You're welcome. Definitely a good idea to look more here on the forums. I don't much about requirements for other countries, so I can't be of much help :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

So, it looks like you don't need to translate any documents if they are in the same language of the country where you will be applying for an immigrant visa per the following statement:

Translation Requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations and submitted to the NVC.

Correct thinking?

According to http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3622 there are no police records available to Mexico blink.gif I'd ask an operator specifically about this. Have you searched the Mexico portal here on VJ for information?

Also, if you have any documents not in English, you have to provide the original/certified copy not in English plus translations. From http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html:

Translation Requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations and submitted to the NVC. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

• Translation is accurate, and
  • Translator is competent to translate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

yes, you do not need to translate the documents. I confirmed this with an NVC operator..he told me to not have them translated, it is just a waste of money...so this quote is not correct.

"Also, if you have any documents not in English, you have to provide the original/certified copy not in English plus translations. From http://travel.state..../info_3195.html "

This part is the most important of them all: or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made

Edited by xelance

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Timeline

OK, on a slightly separate thought - once one receives from the USCIS the approval notice of I-130, do you still have to wait for the USCIS to send you another notice indicating they have sent the approval notice to NVC, or they do that automatically and you won't be receiving anything from the USCIS in mail anymore?

Timeline

it really has differed from service center to service center. In Texas, I got an email saying it had been transferred with no hard copy of this transfer, but in Cali, people seem to have just got NOA2 hard copies stating that their case was approved and it would now be forwarded to the NVC.

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

Timeline

So, it seems that irrespectively whether the NOA-2 comes from Texas or Cali (hard copy I mean) would always have the same boilerplate that the case was approved and forwarded to the NVC on the same paper, but with Texas in addition to that you would get a status update online right?

it really has differed from service center to service center. In Texas, I got an email saying it had been transferred with no hard copy of this transfer, but in Cali, people seem to have just got NOA2 hard copies stating that their case was approved and it would now be forwarded to the NVC.

Timeline

So, it seems that irrespectively whether the NOA-2 comes from Texas or Cali (hard copy I mean) would always have the same boilerplate that the case was approved and forwarded to the NVC on the same paper, but with Texas in addition to that you would get a status update online right?

exactly, or thats how it should be...I am sure some have slipped through the cracks at Texas and have been forwarded onto NVC without any email notification. If you were approved in California, you should have that message printed on the NOA2 :)

This was the message I received from Texas:

On February 16, 2011, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

Also, for some weird reason, my case got a touch today lol.

Edited by xelance

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

yes, you do not need to translate the documents. I confirmed this with an NVC operator..he told me to not have them translated, it is just a waste of money...so this quote is not correct.

"Also, if you have any documents not in English, you have to provide the original/certified copy not in English plus translations. From http://travel.state..../info_3195.html "

This part is the most important of them all: or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made

Sorry that I interfere your discussion but I wanted to make something sure. It says or in the official language of the country, in which application for a visa is being made. My application is made in the US, same as yours, right? How will they able to read all the documents in all the different languages? I'm preparing my stuff for NVC and I'm still not sure if I should get a translation. It just seems so unlikely that they accept papers in all the different languages if they can't even read them. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I just want to be 100% sure.

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Austria

Marriage: 2010-11-19

I-130 Sent : 2010-12-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-01-05

I-130 NOA2 : 2011-05-09

Received NVC Case Number on 5/21,

Sent DS-3032 and paid AOS bill on 5/21,

Paid IV Bill on 5/25

Sent both packages on 6/1

Packages arrived 6/6

SIF & CC 6/20

Medical 7/25

Interview 8/9

Received visa 8/16

Flight to the US 10/4 (POE = IAD)

Timeline

If it was your thinking process then everyone always would have to have their original documents translated into English, because we all apply initially through the US. However, what "application for a visa" means in this case is where you will physically go to have an interview at the embasssy/consulate abroad and as long as your original documents are from the same language (German for Austria and applying through the US embassy/consulate in Austria), then all you need is original docs without English translation.

Sorry that I interfere your discussion but I wanted to make something sure. It says or in the official language of the country, in which application for a visa is being made. My application is made in the US, same as yours, right? How will they able to read all the documents in all the different languages? I'm preparing my stuff for NVC and I'm still not sure if I should get a translation. It just seems so unlikely that they accept papers in all the different languages if they can't even read them. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I just want to be 100% sure.

Timeline

exactly lucas, you are right :) I did confirm this with an NVC operator, he said NO translations are needed.

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

If it was your thinking process then everyone always would have to have their original documents translated into English, because we all apply initially through the US. However, what "application for a visa" means in this case is where you will physically go to have an interview at the embasssy/consulate abroad and as long as your original documents are from the same language (German for Austria and applying through the US embassy/consulate in Austria), then all you need is original docs without English translation.

Dziękuję :)

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Austria

Marriage: 2010-11-19

I-130 Sent : 2010-12-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-01-05

I-130 NOA2 : 2011-05-09

Received NVC Case Number on 5/21,

Sent DS-3032 and paid AOS bill on 5/21,

Paid IV Bill on 5/25

Sent both packages on 6/1

Packages arrived 6/6

SIF & CC 6/20

Medical 7/25

Interview 8/9

Received visa 8/16

Flight to the US 10/4 (POE = IAD)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

ok guys n dolls, any help would be greatly appreciqated, the wife got the hard copy notification that we had been transfered back to CSC from TSC today, we were told that by the mighty badger last week via email, so, she calls CSC and the customer service person just told her to wait 60 ( sixty ) days.

is this some sort of joke?

Mace

Carol ..USC

Mace ..UKC

Married 03/2009 in FL

Carol sent off I-130 07/18/2010

NOA / I-797C 07/21/2010 From CA

ESTA Visit (paroled) 08/26/2010

NOA / I-797C (2) 11/03/2010 From TX

Return UK 11/11/2010

Touched 12/08/2010

call TSC 01/04/2011 TOLD TO WAIT 2 WEEKS

Call TSC told to wait 60 days

Touched 02/11/2011

interview nov 5th 2011 denied... i-601

filed i-601 dec 2011

i-601 pending for 6 months

i-601 under review as of june 2012

contacted senator july 25th told to wait 1 month for reply from london embassy

another birthday gone

been in process 812days since the start of this process

if the documents are in Spanish your don't have to translated them

Citizenship Journey

06/24/13:Eligibility

07/03/13: Sent package

07/15/13:Fee Waived

07/15/13:Received Noa1 date07/09/13

07/25/13: Received Bio Letter

08/06/13:Appoinment for Bio

08/22/13: In Line

10/04/13scheduled for interview

00/00/13:Received Interview Letter

11/12/13:Interview Date
11/14/13: Sent Oath Ceremony Letter

11/22/13: Oath Ceremony Date

My mother's visa process<p>coming soon!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just got my notice...

On February 28, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

:dance:(L):dance:

CONGRATS!!!! :thumbs:

USCIS Journey (223 days):

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

02/17/11: Received e-mail update - Transferring back to CSC

02/23/11: Approval!!/Post Decision Activity

03/01/11: Received hard-copy NOA2 for cases. Has been forwarded to the Dept. of State NVC!

03/09/11: Case(s) at NVC!

NVC Process (78 days)

03/10/11: Case #'s assigned! Woot!

03/31/11: 1 year wedding anniversary!

04/20/11: Attorney submitting IV application to NVC

04/21/11: DS-260 receipt confirmation e-mail received

05/25/11: Received "checklist" e-mail (asking for AOS docs...but already submitted)

05/26/11: SIF when logging-in to payment portal (all 3 cases!)

05/27/11: Case Complete!

Medical / Consulate Interview

06/03/11: Interview date scheduled for July 8, 2011 !!! Augh! Wow!

06/9&13/11: Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment

07/06/11: Physicals in Juarez - Complete!

07/08/11: Consulate Interview = Complete & APPROVED!!

07/15/11: Visa's received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.