sorchaine

Question about photos for AOS

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My husband had 6 photos printed for his AOS from K1 to send in, the passport style photos. They all came printed together on one sheet, we just have to cut them ourselves. The problem is that one side where two of the photos top section would be, above his head, seem to be cut too close to the top of his head in comparison to the other 4 photos. So when I send them in 4 will have space above his head in the photos, and 2 will be pretty much even with the top of his hair. Am I correct in thinking that this will a problem for those two? I don't really want to spend another $10 for 2 more photos, but I guess if I have to then I have to. Another option would be that we just include the 4 good photos and not file for the advance parole. Currently he has no plans to leave the country for any reason. If a reason did come up, he probably still wouldn't be able to leave as we wouldn't have the extra funds to cover the cost of him traveling to Brazil and returning. And currently our plans were not to travel back there until at least next year at the earliest. We were going to file the advance parole papers anyway, just since it can be included with no extra cost, but it's not necessary for us.

I guess my question is if we did send in the two "not so perfect" photos with the advance parole form and we received an RFE for the photos, would it cause a problem for the rest of the his AOS package such as the EAD and Green Card?

Or would it be better to just not send in the form for advance parole since we won't actually need it.

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My husband had 6 photos printed for his AOS from K1 to send in, the passport style photos. They all came printed together on one sheet, we just have to cut them ourselves. The problem is that one side where two of the photos top section would be, above his head, seem to be cut too close to the top of his head in comparison to the other 4 photos. So when I send them in 4 will have space above his head in the photos, and 2 will be pretty much even with the top of his hair. Am I correct in thinking that this will a problem for those two? I don't really want to spend another $10 for 2 more photos, but I guess if I have to then I have to. Another option would be that we just include the 4 good photos and not file for the advance parole. Currently he has no plans to leave the country for any reason. If a reason did come up, he probably still wouldn't be able to leave as we wouldn't have the extra funds to cover the cost of him traveling to Brazil and returning. And currently our plans were not to travel back there until at least next year at the earliest. We were going to file the advance parole papers anyway, just since it can be included with no extra cost, but it's not necessary for us.

I guess my question is if we did send in the two "not so perfect" photos with the advance parole form and we received an RFE for the photos, would it cause a problem for the rest of the his AOS package such as the EAD and Green Card?

Or would it be better to just not send in the form for advance parole since we won't actually need it.

There has been much conjecture on here about the passport photos when applying for AOS. Some say you need to send in 6, 2 for each application (485, 131, 765) others will tell you it is only necessary to send in 2 passport photos as they are needed for GC When you have bio done they take another pic and that goes on EAD card and AP papers. It has been pointed put here many times that they copy the 2 passport pics you send to go with the other applications. We all or most have included 131 and 765 as the fee is waived when applying AOS. So really you only need to send in the 2 good ones you have. That is a problem when you get them on a sheet like that cutting has to be so precise hey. I hope this helps your decision. Good luck:thumbs:

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

If you paid $10 for photos and they weren't done properly then tell them to do them over. You paid and they didn't deliver what you were supposed to get.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I would personally scan the photos then go to this website: http://www.epassportphoto.com and generate another copy of them. Go to walmart and spend 20c printing 5 new pics.

I personally had only one of my pics left so I scanned it, uploaded it to that website, selected "US Passport size" and generated some new ones where 6 fit on a regular photo page (but one of the photo spaces is a promo for the site).

I did the same for my Aussie passport update and will do the same any other time I need passport pics. Did it for my brothers passport, for a friends AOS too. No issues.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The instructions say 2 passports photos and 2 full sized photos printed on a thin paper. That is photo copy paper...simple and short!

What instructions ask for 2 full size photos instead of passport size?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
What instructions ask for 2 full size photos instead of passport size?

Was wondering the same thing :S

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.