kikip

Expedite

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Be careful about coming on a visitor's visa or visa waiver. Mine was turned away at the airport, as it was determined he intended to marry. Now, he can't come until the visa comes in, and I have to visit there. :bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry :no: ,

At this point if you try to expedite your petition it will be viewed by them as an attempt to circumvent the process. I would however urge you to write to your congressman and eplain the excessive processing times that we are all experiencing...it can't hurt...

No, you will NOT get an expedite simply because you went ahead and planned something you shouldn't have.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I just postponed my wedding bcz my lawyer told me there is no way to expedite the process for ... " just a wedding"! Everybody is keep saying to not plan anything until u get the visa. Well the problem is if u want to get married decent u cannot get the right venue, right everything in 90 days, a wedding needs to be regularly planned a year , at least for me is IMPORTANT is not "just a wedding".

Can always, do a legal marriage in the court house, and then later have a big showy marriage ceremony at a more convenient time. This is what we did.

Then you shouldn't be applying for a K1 visa. You should go ahead and plan your big wedding, get married, and then apply for a spousal visa. The K1 wasn't intended to accommodate what you want to do. It was intended primarily for people who would find it difficult or impossible to marry in their fiancee's home country. Immigration law generally requires a petitioner and beneficiary to be related to each other. The K1 carves out a narrow exception to this requirement for people who can show that they intend to solemnize their relationship, and then gives them a limited window of time to follow through with that promise.

Excellent point! This is exactly what the K-1 is intended for.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Then you shouldn't be applying for a K1 visa. You should go ahead and plan your big wedding, get married, and then apply for a spousal visa. The K1 wasn't intended to accommodate what you want to do. It was intended primarily for people who would find it difficult or impossible to marry in their fiancee's home country. Immigration law generally requires a petitioner and beneficiary to be related to each other. The K1 carves out a narrow exception to this requirement for people who can show that they intend to solemnize their relationship, and then gives them a limited window of time to follow through with that promise.

Unfortunately, K1 is the best option because I want a US wedding. I have no close friends in my home country anymore because of many years spent away, everything I have is in US !

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.