kikip

Expedite

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Does anyone know what the chances are that I'll be able to expedite my petition through the "financial loss" category because it looks as though the groom won't be here in time for my huge (250+ guests) wedding? I know my chances probably aren't good. If there is a chance though, does anyone know how I would go about doing this? And before anyone says it, I know it was stupid to plan a wedding before we knew for sure when he'd be here, but we didn't realize Vermont would be so slow

POE: 5/17/2011

Wedding: 5/21/2011

AOS Mailed: 6/17/2011

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

EAD approved 8/22/2011 :)

AOS Approved 9/14/2011 :) :) :)

USCIS Free till 2013!!!!!!!!! :)

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but if you don't want to lose the cost of the wedding, you might want to consider having him enter as a visitor, get married and have your big ceremony, and then have him return. You'd have to cancel the K-1 and look into the CR-1 instead, though.

I don't think your situation would fall under the expedite conditions. :unsure:

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Nope, never, ever, plan a wedding on a hard date anticipating a K-1 visa, this is a common topic.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You want to claim financial loss due to your own large wedding?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Not a hope of getting expedited! I see you received your NOA1 at the end of September. When is the wedding planned for?

adu7iqzpc.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Does anyone know what the chances are that I'll be able to expedite my petition through the "financial loss" category because it looks as though the groom won't be here in time for my huge (250+ guests) wedding? I know my chances probably aren't good. If there is a chance though, does anyone know how I would go about doing this? And before anyone says it, I know it was stupid to plan a wedding before we knew for sure when he'd be here, but we didn't realize Vermont would be so slow

As last post said when is the wedding planned for? You only got NOA1 30 Sept when did you think this would be approved? NO way it will be expedited but don't feel bad I did the same planned my wedding but was not a big affair though. Got here week before so God was on my side. Good luck though but if you have planned for later in the year there's still a chance

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Yikes, when is the wedding for?

If indeed the timing isn't right, can you not reschedule or have you done everything already??

I also booked my church and reception once I got my noa2 but had told them about the possibility of changing dates and they were fine with it as long as the date I wanted to move to was free, and I tell them 3 months before. (I was preparing for the worst- failed medical or interview, you never know!)

I did not send any save-the-dates, and I sent the invites just last month the week after my visa got approved. :) Now everything is set, although its only for a 100 guests and not 250 :)

I REALLY hope you can fix it, talk to your coordinator and the reception place, I'm sure they will understand. Also, if you've already sent out save-the-dates then just email the guests and explain the change of dates, I am sure they wouldn't mind too. Or place the change on your wedding website.

But hey you never know, you just might make it! Goodluck :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

To try for expedite, you call the USCIS number and there are prompts to request expedite, and you will speak to someone who will take note of your request and your reason, and then it will be forwarded to a higher-up who will notify you if the request was accepted (or denied) within 48 hours I believe. Expedite request will probably will be denied, as you know, but no one seemed to tell you how to try it yet :) If your request is denied, it will have no negative impact on your overall application/petition. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As everyone has mentioned there is no expedite for this. Not sure what your dates are but, the situation could be salvaged at minimal expense and disruption if you like to gamble and apparently you do. So, suggest having the "commitment ceremony" but not doing the legal part until he gets the VISA. He comes on VWP, you do your party and he goes back and waits for the interview. Much better than abandoning the fiance VISA and starting over, or scrapping the arrangements at huge expense. Your guests will likely not discern the difference. You can justice of the peace it after he comes back.

You are a Sept filer --so maybe you will get your Noa2 in maybe march/april (if all goes well) .Then the interview /medical .Just reshedule --to be safe-- plan your wedding in July /august tentatively . I am in around the same timeline like you .Good luck .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

I sure as heck hope you are kidding OP.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

It wont hurt to try you have nothing to loose but try and go through your state senator they have a little bit more weigh than you do trying to request it by yourself, i did a expedite and my process took off after my senator her in NC got her staff on it and now my wife is a LPR with her greencard, hit me up with a message and we can talk you through it the best way i know. But never say never each case is different and yours may be the one that they approve.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I just postponed my wedding bcz my lawyer told me there is no way to expedite the process for ... " just a wedding"! Everybody is keep saying to not plan anything until u get the visa. Well the problem is if u want to get married decent u cannot get the right venue, right everything in 90 days, a wedding needs to be regularly planned a year , at least for me is IMPORTANT is not "just a wedding".

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

OMG I just looked at your timeline and you have planned your wedding for May. There is no way you will make that date unless the heavens open up and you get a visa in a matter of weeks. You need to reschedule till at least September. It's a lovely time of year here.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.