raj1975

Getting approval in 2 to 3 months? Is it real?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Approvals of what, petition or visas? You may be seeing DCF timelines (like my own), they tend to go faster.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

The 6 months and medical etc for DCF is the same in all countries.

Cristina: if the US citizen resides legally in a foreign country for at least 6 months, they can petition for a spousal visa via direct consular filing (= DCF). This means all the paperwork is handled by the local US embassy, cutting down on waiting times significantly. Most DCF cases only take 3-4 months, some less, like mine.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

The 6 months and medical etc for DCF is the same in all countries.

Cristina: if the US citizen resides legally in a foreign country for at least 6 months, they can petition for a spousal visa via direct consular filing (= DCF). This means all the paperwork is handled by the local US embassy, cutting down on waiting times significantly. Most DCF cases only take 3-4 months, some less, like mine.

i see know,thank you!

I'm seeing the same thing on IR/CR timelines for the I130 petition approval, although I wouldn't say it's numerous. There are a lot more October ones being approved.

I have read numerous threads where people who applied in Nov and Dec are getting approvals already, does that mean the cases are moving at a fast pace due to low volume of applicants?

07-23-2008 - Met in San Isidro, Nicaragua.

10-11-2008 - Officially Dating!

07-09-2009 - Engaged!

05-22-2010 - Married in San Isidro, Nicaragua!

**USCIS** 132 Days

11-29-2010 - Mailed I-130 Package.

12-01-2010 - I-130 Confirmation Delieverd to Lockbox; NOA1 Priority Date

12-13-2010 - Email Notification from USCIS for NOA1. Off to California!

12-14-2010 - Check for I-130 Package Cleared.

12-17-2010 - NOA1 (Hard Copy) Received.

02-28-2011 - Touch (For Entering Case Number into System)

03-18-2011 - Visited Hubby in Nicaragua for 9 Days

04-12-2011 - NOA2 ~ 132 DAYS!!!

04-13-2011 - NOA2 Notification Email

04-16-2011 - NOA2 Hard Copy Arrives

**NVC** 39 Days

04-25-2011 - NVC Received; Case Number Assigned

04-27-2011 - DS3032 Emailed from Petitioner and Beneficiary; Receipt Notice Received

04-28-2011 - AOS Bill Generated and Paid

04-29-2011 - IV Bill Generated

04-30-2011 - AOS Bill Cleared

05-03-2011 - IV Bill Paid

05-05-2011 - IV Bill Cleared; AOS and IV Packages Sent

05-09-2011 - AOS and IV Packages Delivery Confirmation

06-03-2011 - NVC Approval; Case Complete!

06-09-2011 - Interview Date Assigned!

06-30-2011 - Medical, 2pm --PASSED!

07-06-2011 - Interview, 8am

07-13-2011 - Pick Up Visa and Passport

07-14-2011 - POE, PASSED

event.png

Filed: Timeline

penguin, thanks for the replies but i don't agree with you on the DCF process being same for all countries, some countries if I am correct have no such restrictions and some require you to stay atleast a month etc etc so i think it varies from country to country the DCF process, as far as if the countries determine their own DCF process country specific or someone else I am not sure on that one but i strongly think the DCF process is different for each country basically the residency requirements to file.

Timeline

No, it used to be that countries could make their own rules for residency, but a few years ago this changed to 6 months for all countries; India was the last to fall in line, and in fact I believe we still have some DCFers from there who were able to file after less than 6 months. Though certainly the speed of the process once filed and the details of how it's done (by mail or in person etc) is different in different countries.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

yes, people are getting their I-130s approved in that time...at the June/July/Aug filers expense! :whistle:

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

yes, people are getting their I-130s approved in that time...at the June/July/Aug filers expense! :whistle:

:clock: I agree!! I got a very smart answer from an oct. filler that said that we (jun/jul/aug) are going through a DRAMA! It made me so furious!! They are acutally glad that their petition get aproved even though they JUST filed them!! Forgeting that the uscis is actualy using that time to process THEM instead of JULY!! That it's a "drama" to them....!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/278504-octobernovember-2010-immigrant-visa-filers-cr-1ir-1/page__st__495

USCIS journey:

02/11/2010 - got married

06/28/2010 - sent I-130

06/29/2010 - received by uscis

07/06/2010 - notice NOA1

07/08/2010 - updated

07/10/2010 - got NOA1 hard copy in the mail

11/01/2010 - moved from CSC to TSC

11/02/2010 - updated

11/03/2010 - updated

11/23/2010 - updated (post decision activity)

02/09/2011 - notification moved from TSC (back to initial review :o )

02/10/2011 - confirmation TSC back to CSC!

02/16/2011 - APROVED!!!!!

NVC journey:

02/25/2011 - we're IN :)) case # Emailed DS 3032. Paid AOS Fee.

03/01/2011 - DS 3032 approved (confirmation by email)

03/02/2011 - AOS shows paied -> AOS packet mailed out

03/04/2011 - AOS received

03/07/2011 - IV generated & paid

03/09/2011 - IV paid! mailed out->

03/14/2011 - IV received

03/31/2011 - Case complete @ NVC!!!

:clock: I agree!! I got a very smart answer from an oct. filler that said that we (jun/jul/aug) are going through a DRAMA! It made me so furious!! They are acutally glad that their petition get aproved even though they JUST filed them!! Forgeting that the uscis is actualy using that time to process THEM instead of JULY!! That it's a "drama" to them....!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/278504-octobernovember-2010-immigrant-visa-filers-cr-1ir-1/page__st__495

Mine was approved in 3 months as well. I understand why you're angry, but directing it at people who had nothing to do with the situation is not very helpful, and creates a very negative and tense atmosphere here. There's no reason that people shouldn't be glad that their petitions are approved. People are NOT glad that USCIS screwed up and consequently screwed over 36,000 filers; they/we are only happy to be one step closer to being with their loved ones, which is what we all want.

You are obviously free to vent your anger and frustration on the rest of us all you want, but given that none of us had any control over the situation, I'm certainly not going to feel guilty about it.

Good luck to all of the TSC refugees--I hope that today is your day!

IR-5

• USCIS scan date - 11/07/2014
  • NVC scan date - 03/06/2015
  • NVC case complete - 08/01/2015
  • Interview scheduled - 09/14/2015
  • Interview - 10/08/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I agree with you kikapoo, and Im not really angry people are getting approved in less time...not their fault, and I am happy they will be renewed with their loved ones sooner than later. Im just angry at USCIS, the whole transfer fiasco, and how they look good when they approve cases in 3 months, while others are waiting 7 months since their NOA1 like me...7 months and 2 days today for me. They look good in Oct/ November filers eyes, but once a mass transfer happens, watch out...you will see USCIS at its worst, giving nonsense answers, sending you a letter saying if you havent heard anything in 9-12 months from the "service request" letter, call them. It really has made me lose any sort of confidence in our immigration system. Congratulations to all that have been approved..dont worry, Im not mad at you, just mad at the system. :thumbs:

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

I agree with you kikapoo, and Im not really angry people are getting approved in less time...not their fault, and I am happy they will be renewed with their loved ones sooner than later. Im just angry at USCIS, the whole transfer fiasco, and how they look good when they approve cases in 3 months, while others are waiting 7 months since their NOA1 like me...7 months and 2 days today for me. They look good in Oct/ November filers eyes, but once a mass transfer happens, watch out...you will see USCIS at its worst, giving nonsense answers, sending you a letter saying if you havent heard anything in 9-12 months from the "service request" letter, call them. It really has made me lose any sort of confidence in our immigration system. Congratulations to all that have been approved..dont worry, Im not mad at you, just mad at the system. :thumbs:

Thanks, I appreciate that. And I would be super-pissed at USCIS too. Also, it's so much harder when you don't have an actual date that you're counting down TO, you're just waiting indefinitely... Like, if they said "you'll definitely have a decision by March 1st," you could handle it. But they can't even manage that!

Anyway, I say keep givin' 'em hell! (figuratively, of course!)

Edited by Kikapoo

IR-5

• USCIS scan date - 11/07/2014
  • NVC scan date - 03/06/2015
  • NVC case complete - 08/01/2015
  • Interview scheduled - 09/14/2015
  • Interview - 10/08/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.