13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

hi...

we missed the post man so he put a small note in a mail box which says a letter from VSC with delivery confirmation but there was no one in home to sign and receive it...

so guess what it can be from VSC.... RFE or Green Card approval letter... i am really curious to know... only tomorrow I can go to post office and get the letter.. if its a ordinary letter then he should have drop in the mailbox as I got NOA and bio letter in the mail box..

Any one has any idea or guess what it can be from VSC?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

hi...

we missed the post man so he put a small note in a mail box which says a letter from VSC with delivery confirmation but there was no one in home to sign and receive it...

so guess what it can be from VSC.... RFE or Green Card approval letter... i am really curious to know... only tomorrow I can go to post office and get the letter.. if its a ordinary letter then he should have drop in the mailbox as I got NOA and bio letter in the mail box..

Any one has any idea or guess what it can be from VSC?

Sounds like GC approval to me and RFE would have just been in the mail Good luck

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds like GC approval to me and RFE would have just been in the mail Good luck

my GC approval notice didn't require any signature...just an ordinary envelope.

Check your online status and see if there's any recent update.

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Timeline

my GC approval notice didn't require any signature...just an ordinary envelope.

Check your online status and see if there's any recent update.

Online status is same like before.. nothing new..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I saw some people recently mentioned their 10 yr GC came by priority mail. I'm not sure if this need signature or not though...

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I saw some people recently mentioned their 10 yr GC came by priority mail. I'm not sure if this need signature or not though...

<sigh> that would stiiiiiiiiiiiiink if this is the case. My husband and I are nowhere near home and won't be for weeks. We have someone checking our mail but they are not living at our house so they probably wouldn't be able to sign for it... If it comes by priority mail and requires a signature and no one signs for it, I can only imagine the headache to track it down again. Always something to worry about with USCIS.

:lol:

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Timeline

<sigh> that would stiiiiiiiiiiiiink if this is the case. My husband and I are nowhere near home and won't be for weeks. We have someone checking our mail but they are not living at our house so they probably wouldn't be able to sign for it... If it comes by priority mail and requires a signature and no one signs for it, I can only imagine the headache to track it down again. Always something to worry about with USCIS.

:lol:

Hi

AS you know that yesterday morning postman put a note in my mail box saying I have a mail from USCIS. Yesterday evening I called USCIS and the customer service told me that my case is still processing and when I check online it says initial review and I thought it might be some RFE.

And this morning right at 9AM I went to Post office and show a small note that i got yesterday and they hand me over a small evelope. AS soon as I got the envelope I try to figure it from outside and I feel some kind of card inside then I quickly open it and I found my 10 yr green card :dance::dance::dance::yes::lol:

I was suprised because I got the card sooner then I expected because I had my bio at the end of November

well thats it for now see you in september for naturalization :yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi

AS you know that yesterday morning postman put a note in my mail box saying I have a mail from USCIS. Yesterday evening I called USCIS and the customer service told me that my case is still processing and when I check online it says initial review and I thought it might be some RFE.

And this morning right at 9AM I went to Post office and show a small note that i got yesterday and they hand me over a small evelope. AS soon as I got the envelope I try to figure it from outside and I feel some kind of card inside then I quickly open it and I found my 10 yr green card :dance::dance::dance::yes::lol:

I was suprised because I got the card sooner then I expected because I had my bio at the end of November

well thats it for now see you in september for naturalization :yes:

Great news. Congratulations!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

congrats!

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Timeline

So, your online status did not let you know of anything , but your GC was already sent? Is that the case, cause I am keeping a close eye on my online status, should I also be checking my mail box? :unsure:

my approval mail came after 4 days from the green card received date. Online status also changed after 4 days... but who cares of approval mail or online status because I already got my card :)

my approval mail came after 4 days from the green card received date. Online status also changed after 4 days... but who cares of approval mail or online status because I already got my card :)

:dance: :dance: :dance: Congratulations !!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.