eshatroy

Questions about I-129F

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone. I just have a couple of questions about the evidence needed for the I-129f ... I am submitting my cell phone bills as evidence but it does not have the number I am texting or calling. It just says Egypt international call and texting. Is that sufficient? Also do you need letters from your friends stating you have a relationship together as part of the evidence and if so can it be typed or does it have to be handwritten? Finally do I have to print out every single Skype conversation we have had or will some from different months do? I want to get my fiance here as soon as possible and with no mistakes done on my part so hopefully someone will answer me quickly... I need him here with me as soon as possible. It is difficult being without him. Thanks to everyone.

Esha

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately, there is no objective standard as to how much is enough. Generally speaking, the more the better, but you don't want so much that you bury the really good stuff in mounds of stuff that is only marginally good. Just use your best judgment.

Filed: Other Country: Monaco
Timeline

hey to everyone i just have a question about k1 if someone finish with his interview cuse i have my interview in feb 8 and i want to know that how it was and what the question the ask thanks

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Eshatroy,

What is MOST important is that you have what is called primary evidence; I believe this is mainly things like boarding passes, passport stamps, proving you were in the fiance's country (or that stuff from the fiance) proving you were in their country. Specifically they look to see if you've met in person within the last 2 years. The other stuff is great to include since it shows an ongoing relationship; however they look at that stuff (secondary evidence) more closely in the interview stage; if you only include those and not boarding passes or passport stamps it is likely that you'd get an RFE..If you don't have boarding passes then try printing out any itineraries from when you visited each other. Good luck!! :)

6/2004: started dating

9/2010: engaged!

11/18/2011: NOA1

4/20/2011: NOA2

7/13/2011: Interview!-Approved!

10/29/2011: Wedding :-D

Good luck on your journey everyone! :-)

age.png

Unfortunately, there is no objective standard as to how much is enough. Generally speaking, the more the better, but you don't want so much that you bury the really good stuff in mounds of stuff that is only marginally good. Just use your best judgment.

Thank you for your response but what I was wondering was if the cell phone bills will suffice even though it doesn't have his number that I am texting.

Filed: Country: Paraguay
Timeline

I live in paraguay as a peace corps volunteer therefore there have been no flights to the states. I've just been in paraguay with him for 2 years. we don't write e-mails either because we live in the same town. as for evidence i can get letters from my family who have met him and maybe from the people at the peace corps office. any other suggestions?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

i think a cell phone bill is no good. same for skype. I cant see what your applying for, if its right at the start then you need proof that you have MET IN PERSON during the LAST TWO YEARS, not that you have a relationship. a cell phone bill and skype say you have spoken, not you have met. what they want is photocopies of boarding passes, passport stamps, flight itineraries. that kind of thing. save the cell phone and skype stuff for your interview, its THEN that you have to provide evidence of an ongoing relationship.

i think. someone may correct me here.

K1 Visa - 2011

AP & EAD - 2012

Adjustment of Status - 2012

Removal of Conditions - 2014

Naturalization - Pending

I am applying for a K1 Visa. My fiance is in Egypt. I just went to visit him in November so I have all of the information such as passport stamps, boarding passes, e ticket, pictures etc. So I guess I will leave the other things for the interview. By the way, do I have to go to Egypt for the interview with him or can he go by himself?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

only the non US citizen receiving the visa can go into the interview. you can go for support and stand outside waiting.... im in the UK, my fiance is just waiting for me in california. instead of spending money on her coming back to the UK again, were just saving the money.

definitely send a few photos of the two of you (dated on the back) and then photocopies of your boarding pass(es), ticket(s), passport stamp(s)

if you have the other things, send them to him for the interview. if your only just applying, your proof on an ongoing relationship will expand, and you will need to prove you have kept in contact over then next few months, and unfortunately its going to be a few months yet :(

K1 Visa - 2011

AP & EAD - 2012

Adjustment of Status - 2012

Removal of Conditions - 2014

Naturalization - Pending

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I live in paraguay as a peace corps volunteer therefore there have been no flights to the states. I've just been in paraguay with him for 2 years. we don't write e-mails either because we live in the same town. as for evidence i can get letters from my family who have met him and maybe from the people at the peace corps office. any other suggestions?

Try this: How would one prove relationship meeting if you are in same town? Same way a USC would do if we were dating the guy/girl next door. The main goal is to prove you have met in the last 2 years prior to filing a K-1.

• Can both obtain individual letters from the Peace Corps with names and proof of your addresses that state you're working in same area?
  • Pictures of the two of you hanging out in same town start from as far back as you can.
  • Movie Tickets? Same movie, date, time at the same theatre.
  • Mail him a simple card.... From your home as return address to his residential address. (secondary evidence ). A Paraguay Official Postal Stamp (the one they put on the letter when they are processing outgoing mail will show they got it from you and delivered it to him. He can also mail to you as well. ** what did we do before email anyway? LOL**
  • Does your phone bill have a list of local calls you make? Maybe you can pull from that (secondary evidence)

This is so strange, I am having a harder time answering this than if he were there and you were here! LOL What gives?!

Anyway, hope that might help you a little.

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: Other Country: Monaco
Timeline

hey every bady i am here just for some question about fiance visa k-1

i get my all paperwork fixed but i am wourd about what kind exactly the ask in interview i have my interview in feb 8

and i would like to know how that was if someone was there be4 thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

lizinparaguay - you must have passport stamps showing when you came to Paraguay? That is very important. Other things you could use are Paraguayan rental agreements or other more formal documents like electricity bills, or maybe cell phone/internet contracts from the area, or something of the like.

Other things I've seen suggested in other threads are bank withdrawals abroad, currency exchanges, or credit card charges from abroad. If you're in the peace corps, do you have a sort of work contract, record of employment or something formal indicating you've been sent to work in your fiance's country?

My fiance worked in Canada, in my area, for nearly 3 years before we met, and he moved home just 8 months after we started dating. He was employed by an American contracting company, and they filed his taxes, but he had an employment visa in his passport that proved he was in Canada...

zaim - along the very top of the screen, in the middle, there is a link called "Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE" that you might find illuminating :) People have recorded their interview experiences at many, many different embassies for their interviews - that's where you will likely find what you are looking for!

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone. I just have a couple of questions about the evidence needed for the I-129f ... I am submitting my cell phone bills as evidence but it does not have the number I am texting or calling. It just says Egypt international call and texting. Is that sufficient? Also do you need letters from your friends stating you have a relationship together as part of the evidence and if so can it be typed or does it have to be handwritten? Finally do I have to print out every single Skype conversation we have had or will some from different months do? I want to get my fiance here as soon as possible and with no mistakes done on my part so hopefully someone will answer me quickly... I need him here with me as soon as possible. It is difficult being without him. Thanks to everyone.

Esha

Unless you've got some red flags you're worrying about, none of the above is needed at the time you file the petition. If you decide to include some evidence of a bona fide relationship, make it a few examples of how and how frequently you communicate. Your real attention needs to be focused on primary evidence of meeting in person. What are you including for that?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Unless you've got some red flags you're worrying about, none of the above is needed at the time you file the petition. If you decide to include some evidence of a bona fide relationship, make it a few examples of how and how frequently you communicate. Your real attention needs to be focused on primary evidence of meeting in person. What are you including for that?

For primary evidence I have my passport stamp, boarding passes, e ticket, pictures of our engagement.. I just wanted to include other information or proof to be thorough but if it is not necessary then I will leave it for the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.