K&D

In what order are applications processed???

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does anyone know how the K1 is processed? In what order? Is there a specific order? It's so frustrating to see several couples receiving the NOA2 that filed after we did. Does it not matter "when" you sent in your paperwork? At first I thought it depended on the country, but recently I've seen people from the same country that have NOA1 dates later than ours, already receiving the NOA2. :/ (our NOA1 date is 8/6/10)

They are processed in the order that they were received. :no:

However, in all fairness this is how it should be. It is 'frustrating'.

02iqn7wnr.png

What's not cool about it? It's not what I think. It just sounds as silly as the 'conspiracy' and 'they don't care about us at all' arguements!

(Hey, if you can't laugh at silly things while in this process, you gotta loosen up!) :)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

HeatDeath's description matches with what I have heard before and confirms my point that better management is needed. Mine was recently approved after almost 6 months wait. I didn't count on anything before 5 months and, as difficult as the wait is, I figured it as a fundamental rule of the game. (Of course I would like a shorter wait but that is a bigger discussion.) The few weeks past the 5 month mark was the really frustrating part when they couldn't tell me anything definitive about what to expect. If you ship with Fedex they track the progress and can give you an update every few hours. Of course we can't expect that kind of accuracy but there really needs to be improvement. The system described of random processing within a few weeks is just really poor management!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone know how the K1 is processed? In what order? Is there a specific order? It's so frustrating to see several couples receiving the NOA2 that filed after we did. Does it not matter "when" you sent in your paperwork? At first I thought it depended on the country, but recently I've seen people from the same country that have NOA1 dates later than ours, already receiving the NOA2. :/ (our NOA1 date is 8/6/10)

Thats a million dollar question.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

What's not cool about it? It's not what I think. It just sounds as silly as the 'conspiracy' and 'they don't care about us at all' arguements!

(Hey, if you can't laugh at silly things while in this process, you gotta loosen up!) :)

These government workers are doing a job and following a process. While they may "care", they can't be personally invested in any of the individual cases. I think the issue that causes the most confusion is the misconception that "processing" a case is like "eating a raisin" or inspecting an apple. Instead, it's a multiple step process that can introduce delays at any and all steps. So, when two cases are consecutive on a stack on a given person's desk, one may take significantly longer than another and some need to go to somebody else's desk for one or more steps of the process. This kind of thing introduces additional delay. They process in order but they do not hold back the processing of any case so they can "approve", deny or reject the cases in order.

If your case is taking longer than somebody else's at the same service center, there's a reason. It may or may not be a good reason but it's certainly not a conspiracy.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

These government workers are doing a job and following a process. While they may "care", they can't be personally invested in any of the individual cases. I think the issue that causes the most confusion is the misconception that "processing" a case is like "eating a raisin" or inspecting an apple. Instead, it's a multiple step process that can introduce delays at any and all steps. So, when two cases are consecutive on a stack on a given person's desk, one may take significantly longer than another and some need to go to somebody else's desk for one or more steps of the process. This kind of thing introduces additional delay. They process in order but they do not hold back the processing of any case so they can "approve", deny or reject the cases in order.

If your case is taking longer than somebody else's at the same service center, there's a reason. It may or may not be a good reason but it's certainly not a conspiracy.

I think your reply was directed at the wrong person, as I don't believe in the "conspiracy", "USCIS is feeding us lies" and the "they don't care about us" arguments. In fact, my post was laughing at some of the outrageous claims I've seen floating out on the forums.

Spoiler

As it's been stated, they may have been expedited for military service or another reason, they may have been pulled for training purposes, or a number of other things. They don't just toss them all in a big open room and just grab them from any date. Otherwise we'd see extremely random processing. As you can see from Igor's, they have a general timeline. It's not like we are seeing October, then July, then Nov, then a Jan petition, then back to August, then July again.

Spoiler

Timeline

I think your reply was directed at the wrong person, as I don't believe in the "conspiracy", "USCIS is feeding us lies" and the "they don't care about us" arguments. In fact, my post was laughing at some of the outrageous claims I've seen floating out on the forums.

My reply is directed to the readers of the thread, not to a specific poster. Threads are public conversations, like we're all in the same room hearing the discussion.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

My post was quoted, so I assumed it was directed at me. My mistake.

Spoiler

Timeline

My post was quoted, so I assumed it was directed at me. My mistake.

Part of my post was in agreement with your conspiracy comments and the rest had to do with other elements of the discussion.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

As it's been stated, they may have been expedited for military service or another reason, they may have been pulled for training purposes, or a number of other things. They don't just toss them all in a big open room and just grab them from any date. Otherwise we'd see extremely random processing. As you can see from Igor's, they have a general timeline. It's not like we are seeing October, then July, then Nov, then a Jan petition, then back to August, then July again.

I don't agree with that. For example ...I'm from Brazil and my NoA 1 is from Aug 6, and I've seen several people from brazil who get their NoA1s later than me and they already get their NoA2. And I'm still waiting.

Edited by K&D

Timeline

I don't agree with that. For example ...I'm from Brazil and my NoA 1 is from Aug 6, and I've seen several people from brazil who get their NoA1s later than me and they already get their NoA2. And I'm still waiting.

Just what are you not agreeing with? You statement above is not in conflict with anything in the post you quoted.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just what are you not agreeing with? You statement above is not in conflict with anything in the post you quoted.

Hu..I agree with that, I mean, obviously they must process the paperwork in a certain order. I just don't understand why sometimes people from the same country got their aprovals first. That's what I would like to know.

Timeline

Hu..I agree with that, I mean, obviously they must process the paperwork in a certain order. I just don't understand why sometimes people from the same country got their aprovals first. That's what I would like to know.

Have you been reading my responses? I explained its a multiple-step process and cases can get held up at any step for many reasons. Read my responses again for your answer. If you want a definitive answer about your own case's delays, that's not possible.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.