OBX

No Kinder Surprise Allowed!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I saw this online this morning. I can't believe all of the fuss over a single Kinder Egg! I know that they are not sold in the US but didn't realize it was such a serious issue to bring one in. Too funny! :lol:

Banned Kinder Surprise

I love this part: "As trivial as the border seizure may seem, Bird said the U.S. government has sent her a seven-page letter asking her to formally authorize the destruction of her seized Kinder egg."

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

They are nuts, they will allow so many things to be sold here that are dangerous to infants/babies but ban a chocolate egg cause of a toy. The egg was not made for small babies, but walkers are and too many babies have died from walkers and they are still for sale.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I saw this online this morning. I can't believe all of the fuss over a single Kinder Egg! I know that they are not sold in the US but didn't realize it was such a serious issue to bring one in. Too funny! :lol:

Banned Kinder Surprise

I love this part: "As trivial as the border seizure may seem, Bird said the U.S. government has sent her a seven-page letter asking her to formally authorize the destruction of her seized Kinder egg."

Wow, that's just hilarious. I do love how they sent her a letter asking her if they could destory it.

If I were her, I would have just eaten the egg :D

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

"They have been determined to present ... a choking hazard to young children," said Mike Milne, a spokesman for the U.S. department of customs and border protection. Milne said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration supports the Kinder Surprise ban.

I had been wondering for a great long time why Kinder Surprise was nowhere to be seen in the US. I am glad that I've never asked my parents to bring some over when visiting to help combat home sickness/ for the sake of nostalgia. I can only imagine them having to explain, "no, officer - these are going to my twenty-something year old daughter. I assure you, she is very aware that she should not put little bits of plastic in her mouth and swallow them!"

Banning such an item is right up there in the "herp a derp" echelons alongside coffee cup labels that proclaim beverages may be hot. The toy is in a little plastic bubble that's a pain in the butt to open - not floating around loose within the chocolate.

Clearly it is impossible for a young child to choke on cheerios, baby carrots, apple slices... or any other food item. We need to ban solid food! Baby mush for all until you reach the age of 10! Parents, no need to supervise your kids.

... Yeah, I'm a little dumbfounded. :bonk:

Edited by Tick Tock

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They are nuts, they will allow so many things to be sold here that are dangerous to infants/babies but ban a chocolate egg cause of a toy. The egg was not made for small babies, but walkers are and too many babies have died from walkers and they are still for sale.

I was just thinking the EXACT same thing!! I was shocked when I saw that they still sold walkers here!! Oh and the wooden "accordian" style baby gates that have been banned in Canada for a long time as well!!

WOW!! Crazy

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Be careful - the woman in the article had to pay a $300 fine for just one egg.

:wacko:

I'll do it again, I like to live dangerously I guess. A while back, there was also a black market of Kinder eggs on ebay. I've seen the eggs sold in a Polish grocery store here too; not sure how they get them. I can't believe they're seen as more dangerous than Cracker Jack - protectionism, uh?

Edited by La Souris

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Oh yeah, they sell Kinder eggs in all the Polish stores that I go to in PA/NJ/NY

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

Timeline

I've been importing them for the last few years... my husband little cousins love them :blush::whistle:

it's ok - we can be deported together - you and me both...my husband's kids love them and so does my daughter.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hummm. With a few fast cars or maybe a fast boat or two we could bring in thousands of these eggs. They could be sold in small establishments with locked doors and special, secret codes for knocking on the door to get in. We will need some muscle though to make sure no other bunch of mugs horns in on the business. Maybe we could study how Capone did it with booze.

No laughing now, there could be some serious bucks in this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.