OBX

No Kinder Surprise Allowed!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Too funny. Brought one to the US last year (the giant Christmas one) and a 4 small ones this year. Both years they were in my carry-on luggage. Not sure how I would have reacted if I'd been questioned. Probably dumbfounded since it would have caught me completely off-guard!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hahaha

Edited by Wishing

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

it's ok - we can be deported together - you and me both...my husband's kids love them and so does my daughter.

You just gave me this mental image of 2 people in jail. First person asks the second person, "What you in for?"

"Importing Kinder Eggs."

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

So true, Just had a lady the other day sent back from the US office to dispose of her kinder eggs. They were big ones shaped like santa. Seems like Christmas and Easter is when they really start "cracking" down on them. lol.... Funny thing is that I bought similiar things in the dollar store in the US at Christmas time. It was a chocolate shell with a capsule with a tiny toy inside. They must be OK though as they came from China. ;)

Timeline

So true, Just had a lady the other day sent back from the US office to dispose of her kinder eggs. They were big ones shaped like santa. Seems like Christmas and Easter is when they really start "cracking" down on them. lol.... Funny thing is that I bought similiar things in the dollar store in the US at Christmas time. It was a chocolate shell with a capsule with a tiny toy inside. They must be OK though as they came from China. ;)

Oh good - then they just have lead in them lol

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The real reason they aren't allowed in isn't because of the choking hazard at all. It's because they know the chocolate tastes like ####### and they don't want to subject the American public to icky gross Kinder Egg pseudo barf chocolate...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

The real reason they aren't allowed in isn't because of the choking hazard at all. It's because they know the chocolate tastes like ####### and they don't want to subject the American public to icky gross Kinder Egg pseudo barf chocolate...

I for one love that chocolate! Haha

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

well, I also don't think the chocolate from the kinder surprise egg is very good but I thought the toys inside were pretty neat...

Yes toys were great to play with in college when we would get them. I think we always tossed out the crappy chocolate though just to get the little toy things...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's so silly. :( I love those things. My mom brought me some kindar chocolate when she visited me, except it was the bars. Will note, not to transport eggies.

Married - February 25, 2009

Filed I-130 - March 3, 2009

Interview& Approval - March 26, 2010

POE'd - April 6, 2010

Filed I-751 - February 13, 2012

Approved - November 21, 2012

as1cERN0g410010MDAwMTQwOGx8MDA5Njk4c3xXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

• 2 months later...

Eating just one made you feel so sick...but they are so delicious! Didn't know they were banned in the U.S....boo!

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I saw this online this morning. I can't believe all of the fuss over a single Kinder Egg! I know that they are not sold in the US but didn't realize it was such a serious issue to bring one in. Too funny! :lol:

Banned Kinder Surprise

I love this part: "As trivial as the border seizure may seem, Bird said the U.S. government has sent her a seven-page letter asking her to formally authorize the destruction of her seized Kinder egg."

It's not sold in the U.S.? That's news to me, I'll have to relay that information to the deli I frequent, who sell a wide variety of Kinder

products :P

Edited by Rob & Mel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.