웃

41 Percent of Pregnancies in New York City Are Aborted

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

41 Percent of Pregnancies in New York City Are Aborted

New York City's abortion rate is 41 percent, more than double the national average, according to city health department statistics. The figures spurred a meeting of Christian and Jewish leaders in Manhattan, including the archbishop of New York, Timothy Dolan, who called for a reduction in the number of aborted pregnancies.

"We gotta do more than shiver over these chilling statistics," Dolan said at a press conference Thursday. "I invite all to come together to make abortion rare."

In 2009, women in New York City terminated 87,273 pregnancies, according to data released last month. Black women had the highest rate of abortion by far, followed by Hispanics, white women and Asians. The national abortion rate is 19 percent.

Joan Malin, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of New York City, issued a statement saying unplanned pregnancies are affected by access to information, birth control, sex education and intimate-partner violence.

Though surprisingly high, the 2009 abortion numbers for New York City are actually lower than they were a decade ago. In 2000, there were 94,466 abortions in the city, according to The New York Times. And in 1998, the abortion rate was 46 percent, according to ABC News.

"For the first time in my happy 21 months as a New Yorker, I am embarrassed to be a member of a cherished community I now -- usually with a lot of pride -- call home," Dolan said.

Thursday's press conference was organized by the Chiaroscuro Foundation, a nonprofit organization whose president, Sean Fieler, supports conservative and religious initiatives. Fieler, an investment banker, funds the group himself, according to The New York Times.

1294422879813.JPEG

http://www.aolnews.c...yc-are-aborted/

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
:thumbs:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i don't quite think you expected how this would turn out on the front page of vj.....

post-20970-0-92383000-1294455375_thumb.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In 2009, women in New York City terminated 87,273 pregnancies, according to data released last month. Black women had the highest rate of abortion by far, followed by Hispanics, white women and Asians. The national abortion rate is 19 percent.

Joan Malin, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of New York City, issued a statement saying unplanned pregnancies are affected by access to information, birth control, sex education and intimate-partner violence.

There's far less access to info, birth control, sex education and more rape in NYC than the rest of the country?

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think they need to work out a formula ..... if you don't have at least two kids, your Social security is limited to what you put into it.

Screw the free loaders.

:bonk:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

I think they need to work out a formula ..... if you don't have at least two kids, your Social security is limited to what you put into it.

Screw the free loaders.

:bonk:

I don't get it, how does having fewer than two children make one a free-loader? :huh:

Timeline

I don't get it, how does having fewer than two children make one a free-loader? :huh:

Who do you think is going to pay your SS?

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

Yes, because that is such a good reason to bring children into the world. :bonk:

It's a terrible way for an individual couple to make a decision and yet ... Danno has a point. Social Security is designed to function in an economy where there are a lot more wage earners than retirees. If every American couple had 2 children (2.2 is replacement rate) and the nativists got their way and shut down immigration then we'd have a declining population and social security would be unsustainable.

Timeline

It's a terrible way for an individual couple to make a decision and yet ... Danno has a point. Social Security is designed to function in an economy where there are a lot more wage earners than retirees. If every American couple had 2 children (2.2 is replacement rate) and the nativists got their way and shut down immigration then we'd have a declining population and social security would be unsustainable.

Ahhh Aj, you do know it is unsustainable now?

And you might note, when we had a more "nativist" immigration policy..... we had no shortage of kids.

Under my proposed (off the cuff) plan, people who have no interest in "replenishing" the supply of contributors to SS, should certainly not reap beyond what they put into it.

William Penn

Timeline

Ahhh Aj, you do know it is unsustainable now?

And you might note, when we had a more "nativist" immigration policy..... we had no shortage of kids.

Under my proposed (off the cuff) plan, people who have no interest in "replenishing" the supply of contributors to SS, should certainly not reap beyond what they put into it.

Maybe you already know this, women in Russia actually are paid by the state when they have children. I don't know all the details but my fiancee can get the equivalent of 10,000.00 USD for giving birth to her 2nd child. It can only be spent on housing or education. I am guessing moving to the US will stop that.